Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord & collecting rent

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,293 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

If you have a good LL relationship, and are not overly paranoid, shouldn't be a problem at all. If it were your own home you would be doing such checks, especially over the winter, so I think it is unreasonable to not expect a LL to want to

A landlord might want to enter without the tenant being there but I'd be quick enough to reject the suggestion out of hand. It's his house and its my home and I wouldn't expect him to suggest it a second time.

Fair enough if that's your relationship with your tenants.

A landlord might want to enter without the tenant being there but I'd be quick enough to reject the suggestion out of hand. It's his house and its my home and I wouldn't expect him to suggest it a second time.

Well it's suits me as much as it suits him which is why I don't mind. Having people in your house when you are not there is not the big deal some would make of it.

It's very common if you own a house to have builders etc there working during the day etx when you are at work.

It's very common if you own a house to have builders etc there working during the day etx when you are at work.

It's different to having a tradesman in. I've been a tradesman in houses when the residents weren't there. I considered it my job to avoid looking at the clients house except to do the job I was paid for. The landlord's job is effectively snooping, albeit in a non nefarious way.
    I accept the landlords right to protect their interest but I'd be there when they do it.

It's different to having a tradesman in. I've been a tradesman in houses when the residents weren't there. I considered it my job to avoid looking at the clients house except to do the job I was paid for. The landlord's job is effectively snooping, albeit in a non nefarious way.
    I accept the landlords right to protect their interest but I'd be there when they do it.

To be honest it still doesn't bother me, I've nothing to hide anyway.

To be honest it still doesn't bother me, I've nothing to hide anyway.

That's fair enough, it suits you to let your LL do the work for you. It's hardly about having anything to hide though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

And is the relationship I have with my LL in the place that I rent myself. I genuinely don't understand people's fear of this. Is it that the LL might rob them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

As Lux23 has apparently resolved her issue to her satisfaction- I'm going to close off this thread guys.

The_Conductor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement