Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro mortgage for a Northern property?

Options
  • 05-08-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Is this even possible. Both my wife and I work in the South and therefore earn in euros but we live just across the border in the north and our mortgage is in sterling. Is there any way of switching our mortgage to a southern bank and paying in euros so we're not at the mercy of the falling euro?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

kellso81 wrote: »
    Is this even possible. Both my wife and I work in the South and therefore earn in euros but we live just across the border in the north and our mortgage is in sterling. Is there any way of switching our mortgage to a southern bank and paying in euros so we're not at the mercy of the falling euro?
    Hi kellso81, 

Thanks for your post.

Bank of Ireland doesn't offer Euro Mortgages on properties outside the Republic of Ireland.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks

Janette

Advertisement