Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving your upgrade to someone on a different network?

Options
  • 05-08-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, my father is on Three and is due an upgrade. He's not looking for a super-high end phone, and is happy to renew his contract.

Can he, for example, upgrade to an iPhone and give it to me, and I can give him my newish Windows Phone? (I'm on Meteor)

I am sure I'd need to get both phones unlocked; can you unlock an iPhone or Windows phone? I haven't unlocked anything in Ireland for a long time you see.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Talos40 wrote: »
    Hi, my father is on Three and is due an upgrade. He's not looking for a super-high end phone, and is happy to renew his contract.

Can he, for example, upgrade to an iPhone and give it to me, and I can give him my newish Windows Phone? (I'm on Meteor)

I am sure I'd need to get both phones unlocked; can you unlock an iPhone or Windows phone? I haven't unlocked anything in Ireland for a long time you see.

Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem once they're unlocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Talos40

Shouldn't be a problem once they're unlocked!

That is what I hope, but I'd like confirmation from somebody who has done this....anyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Your problem is going to be unlocking the iphone. I dont think 3 unlock phones until the contract is finished or paid up in full

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

You can get an unlock code for most handsets online or via eBay or the like. They're won't be a problem.

Done it before myself.

Advertisement