Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPRN number - wrong address?

Options
  • 05-08-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I have moved address but am in the same apartment block. My landlady has said she has given my closing meter reading to electric ireland and they are going to send me out my last bill. However I want to sign up my new address with a different company and have just tried registering my details but when I enter my MPRN it is showing up my old apartment number. I am worried to submit this in case I end up paying for an apartment I am not in anymore. What should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi ryanoc,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The only way to be sure if you have the correct MPRN is by checking the RM serial number on your electricity meter. On the meter you will see the letters RM followed by three digits. There is also a serial number on the meter box and you need to take the last four digits also. For example RM123 *6789. You can ask your new supplier to check the MPRN with this serial number or call ESB Networks (who maintain the electricity network for all suppliers) directly on 1850 372 757. If you have any doubt about which meter is your meter, you can do a test by turning off your power with the trip switch to make sure the meter is not moving when everything is turned off. You can also turn the power back on and turn on an appliance to make sure the meter starts moving again.

We regret to read that you are switching suppliers. We have some great offers for our customers that you can read about here.

If there is anything else we can help you with, do let us know.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement