Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from east side to Tesco / IMC Cinema Headford Rd?

Options
  • 05-08-2015 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Are there any buses running from Mervue/ballybane/renmore/east side of Galway out to Tesco on the Headford Rd?

I know you can get a bus from there into Eyre Sq, but it's a bit of a walk down to the Headford Rd when you're with someone with limited mobility.

Are there any buses running from the east side that would bring you near Tesco / IMC Cinema on the Headford Rd at all?

Many thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

407 Bóthar an Chóiste goes past both directions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

403,405,409 from eastside to the square and then the 407 to tesco side

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    407 Bóthar an Chóiste goes past both directions

No, it only goes from Eyre Square out to Tesco / Headford Rd. There is no direct bus where the OP describes.

403,405,409 from eastside to the square and then the 407 to tesco side

Spot on. (410 also goes along the Dublin Rd, but it drops off at the Railway Station not Eyre Square .. it's not far different, but as they say, every little helps).

OP, one suggestion for you: A Day Saver ticket is worthwhile if you are taking more than two bus-trips in a day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

No, it only goes from Eyre Square out to Tesco / Headford Rd. There is no direct bus where the OP describes.
    I meant it goes past the OP's destination both directions.
    It's up the OP to decide how they get to a point where they can hop on the 407

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

When I've wanted to go from one to the other I've got off at the G/Eye/Huntsman and walked up the hill then down the other side on the R338 rd. That might be too much for somebody with limited mobility.
    Can't you get a bus pass and take the 2 buses if you're having to do it regularly.
    The only bus that I'm aware of taht used to go down that R 338 was a variation on I think the 5 route but it was only on a t certain times, I don't think it went down the Dublin rd when it went that way either.

Not aware of private bus firms that serve that side of the city.

Incidentally wasn't the R3338 known by a different name before, Seamus something?

• Advertisement
Advertisement