Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 - Battery Replacement Issue

• 05-08-2015 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So I just bought a new battery for my iPhone 4 as my phone was not turning on and no logos where showing up... I replaced my old battery with a new one then when I power it on I get the white apple logo for 2 seconds... Then I try charging it and one time it vibrated now it's just doing nothing and on a blank screen...

Anyone know whats wrong? All help much appreciated...

Thanks.
    John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Hey,

So I just bought a new battery for my iPhone 4 as my phone was not turning on and no logos where showing up... I replaced my old battery with a new one then when I power it on I get the white apple logo for 2 seconds... Then I try charging it and one time it vibrated now it's just doing nothing and on a blank screen...

Anyone know whats wrong? All help much appreciated...

Thanks.
    John

Could be something just out of place, have another look at all the connections under the hood again then leave it into charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

naasrd wrote: »
    Could be something just out of place, have another look at all the connections under the hood again then leave it into charge.

The thing under the Battery Connector had fallen out but when it was out is when I got the iPhone to show the apple logo so I wonder if that piece is even important?..

Got it loaded up with iTunes and restored it... Battery at like 71% now and still nothing will turn on... Don't understand why the apple logo popped up earlier but the phone still won't boot up...

Got it loaded up with iTunes and restored it... Battery at like 71% now and still nothing will turn on... Don't understand why the apple logo popped up earlier but the phone still won't boot up...

Odd alright, did you try a hard reset?

Odd alright, did you try a hard reset?

I had to put it into recovery mode then I restored it... The screen could have got wet... But if I saw the apple logo yesterday pop up would the screen not still be working?

• Advertisement

I had to put it into recovery mode then I restored it... The screen could have got wet... But if I saw the apple logo yesterday pop up would the screen not still be working?

Yeah. I'd take the whole thing out again and start all over.

Yeah. I'd take the whole thing out again and start all over.

As in take apart the whole phone? Or just the battery part?

As in take apart the whole phone? Or just the battery part?

Just the battery, I had to do this before, turned out something was not put back tight enough.

Just the battery, I had to do this before, turned out something was not put back tight enough.

Will try that then so, but the battery is clearly working since the battery life is showing up on itunes is it not?

Will try that then so, but the battery is clearly working since the battery life is showing up on itunes is it not?

Yeah, it has to be a loose fitting. That fact that it's showing up in iTunes is encouraging.

• Advertisement
Advertisement