Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point's you're expecting/hoping to get

• 05-08-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

With results just a week away, thought I'd start this to see how many points people are expecting or hoping to get next Wednesday.
    Im hoping for the high 400's but around 430-440 is looking more likely. But sure you never know what might happen :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

If my dreams are any indicator I will somehow achieve 347 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

I hope I can get past 500 but if I haven't then its not the end of the world. I need around 420.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

I need 540 minimum but hopefully I can get 550 as a safety net (other med hopefuls will understand the importance of the 550 threshold :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I need around 470, although I have no idea what I'll get so I'm keeping my mouth shut! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Need 500, only think I barely made it past the 400 mark..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Hoping to get mid 500s but I wouldn't be surprised if I got high 400s. I think I need around 520/530 to be safe. Better get praying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

Got 335 on mocks. In the LC, had 2 projects and switched ordinary French(which I suck at) to higher level Russian(native speaker.)

My highest option will be around 420 blaze it. I feel pretty confident that I'm going to get it.

80% who took the Russian last year either got an A1 or an A2, and the projects guarantee at least a 15% boost which is 30 extra points. +all of the study, and my mock English was marked by the devil himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I need 400 or so (course was 365 last year) but I think around 420 is on the cards. It's a 70 point drop from the mocks but they were marked badly/easier/I knew what was coming up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭teadrinker96

I need between 480-515 but only got 435 in the mocks and I feel like the actual lc went worse :o Have a feeling I'm gonna be drinking my sorrows away on Wednesday haha :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 maxtor100

I need between 480-515 but only got 435 in the mocks and I feel like the actual lc went worse :o Have a feeling I'm gonna be drinking my sorrows away on Wednesday haha :/
    Genuinely couldn't see myself being able to go out that night if I didn't get my points, there's no way I could enjoy myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I won't/can't be going out anyways, everyone is going to a club that is strict on I.D and I'm not 18 until February.

To be fair I probably wouldn't have gone out anyway, I hate clubs/pubs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

maxtor100 wrote: »
    Genuinely couldn't see myself being able to go out that night if I didn't get my points, there's no way I could enjoy myself

You won't know your points till the next monday :D

maxtor100 wrote: »

I think its better to go out with your friends than lie in bed crying eating chips and chocolate which is what I'd be doing if I wasn't :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

I think its better to go out with your friends than lie in bed crying eating chips and chocolate which is what I'd be doing if I wasn't :D

I can honestly only see one outcome for Wednesday. Either I get less than I want and I get pissed to forget about them or I get what I want (or more) and I get pissed to celebrate them. Either way I see myself waking up Thursday with a terrible hangover and minimal recollection of the previous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

Unlike everybody else who wants 500+ points I would be over the moon with 320 points,Lets hope ordinary maths is marked easily :P

Blue giant wrote: »
    I can honestly only see one outcome for Wednesday. Either I get less than I want and I get pissed to forget about them or I get what I want (or more) and I get pissed to celebrate them. Either way I see myself waking up Thursday with a terrible hangover and minimal recollection of the previous :o

sure thats the way to do it :p few naggins be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

I expect to get in the low 500 range which should be enough for my course. Hoping to get 575+ simply to avoid criticism from my parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I would like to score well, just for myself but realistically scoring 430+ with a C3 in Maths is what I'd need to secure my course. Anything above that would just be very much welcomed added bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Need about 420 or so, got that in the mocks and I feel the LC went better so hopefully I'll get that.

Less of your naggins, glasses of the finest poteen for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

If I get over 300 ill be happy and then murder a few pints ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I expect to get in the low 500 range which should be enough for my course. Hoping to get 575+ simply to avoid criticism from my parents.

Ah tough position to be in.
    I was always told that as long as I tried my hardest then that was all that mattered.
    Not many courses demand that many points anyway.
    I'm sure your parents won't be too harsh on you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

I know this is going to sound impossibly trite, but if anyone close to me got over 500 points across six subjects, some of which they had only a peripheral interest in, I would be exceptionally proud and admiring of them. And frankly, you shouldn't tolerate anything less in terms of a reaction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I got 475 in my Mocks, and I definitely thought I'd crack 500 in the actual thing, but I performed so poorly in the actual exams I'm looking at around 430+. I'd be happy with anything over 450, but I'm always gonna be disappointed cause I could have done so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

Best of luck to all of you out there. Remember it s the most difficult exam you will ever encounter. It is only the start of your journey not the end.. a moment in time. Some of ye will be happy and others may take a a longer route to that which you think you want. Most important thing is that you are happy in life. Take time out in the next couple of days to think of what you have .. family, friends , your pet,a roof over your heads etc.

Life will sort itself out ..ye are young to have so much pressure. Give yerselves a moment to realise that not all lost..life is strange with its twists and turns as all of us sometimes learns.

Success is failure turned inside out

Chins up

Advertisement