Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would you accessorise this dress?

• 05-08-2015 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭

Finally found a dress for a wedding in a few weeks, but I'm not sure how to accessorise. This is the dress, although it's a bit darker in real life than in the picture (I would describe it as more like the colour of the Hailo app :P)

My first thought was white shoes and bag, although I'm not sure if that would be a bit too 80's!

I picked up these beauties (they really are beautiful) in Arnotts at the weekend, but am 99% sure I'm gonna bring them back as they were so expensive, even on sale, and I'm kinda skint at the moment :(

I'm thinking no necklace obviously, just nice sparkly earrings.
    What colour/ type of shoes and bag would you go for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Definitely should bring the shoes back as the more I think about it the more I can't afford them!

Just wondering if anyone has any input on possible accessories, particularly shoes? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Oh wow, those Zara ones would look fab.
    I prefer them to the ones you already bought!

Gorgeous dress by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

The Zara ones are fab! But I don't know if they're as dressy? I kindof think of browns and those autumnal colours as being more for casual wear...

And now the girls in my office are trying to convince me to keep the shoes, my boyfriend paid for half so they really only cost me €99 :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think those colours on Zara shoes are all the rage atm and I wouldn't say they are too casual. I do think the KG shoes are really pretty, I am just not sure they are great match for that yellow dress. But that is just looking at the pictures and sometimes colours are very different in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I'll go against the grain here and say I don't like any of the shoes except the ones from Mango. You would get more wear out of them too as they would match other things. All the others are too loud imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

The Zara ones would be great with the dress! The Mango ones are just lovely anyway. Not a fan of the other pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Going completely against the grain and saying I adore the KG shoes!

Type yellow dress into pinterest and you'll see loads of examples of how people have accessorised it.

Advertisement