Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBBO 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I can't handle the tension of this show. The nun things last night nearly sent me over the edge. I was sitting in the edge of the couch, totally frozen at one point!

I put my (metaphorical) money on Nadia winning at the start, so I'm hoping she gets it. I don't want Ian to win because I find him too smug.

I hate this time of year, when the bake off is nearly over and won't be back for a year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

This is a great series and I am thoroughly enjoying it. The bakers on the whole are a nice bunch. I think if I were a betting person, I'd find it hard to choose between Tamal and Nadiya. Ian has been impressive but poor Mat and his Royal Icing! Hilarious but sad at the same time! Sorry to see Paul go and he took it on the chin, really nice guy. I'm also having a giggle at the Extra Slice series. What was with that Nun thing? Who invites a nun to a party?? :D Roll on next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I have a feeling Tamal will win. I think he is the most consistent of the three. He maybe hasn't wowed as much as Ian and Nadiya (I'm not even entertaining the notion of Flora getting to the final, so unfair does it seem), but has had many very impressive bakes throughout the series and I think he'll wow at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Aaaaaaah, my top 3 finalist as expected. Roll on Wednesday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Ian was lucky to stay in ahead of Flora. His well was a nice bit of engineering, but not a lot of work compared to the carousel Flora made.

Not sure who I'd like to see win it, maybe Nadia.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm just glad we don't have to watch the final just hearing ''I'm sorry'' all the time. That's what drove me mad about Flora.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

C'mon Nadiya!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Congratulations Nadiya. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

So so happy for Nadiya, she truly deserves it. Even Mary was near to tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I am delighted for her! For someone so apparently lacking self-confidence - she really kept it together & delivered the goods when needed.
    I know it is only a baking competition - but that girl is an inspiration!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Well, I've been away and recorded the semi-final and the final. I watched the semi this morning and oh gosh the pressure! I was eating lunch in order to get some energy to watch the final this afternoon but for some reason I had the wrong radio station on and the flippin' presenter announced the winner. I was so upset. What station I had on I don't know but I wanted to strangle that female announcer!! Grrrr!! Anyway I've just watched the final, and got through it in floods of tears. Nadiya deserved to win. However if I had to choose between those final cakes I would not have chosen Nadiya's mainly because I didn't think there was enough filling and the two layers were different heights both of which would have been criticised by the judges earlier in the series. I would have chosen either of the other two cakes. What a great series! Is it getting too emotional? Flippin' yes! Can Mary cope with all the emotion next year? I don't know, but I wouldn't miss it for the world. Next year, I will be more careful which radio station I have on. Grrrrr!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I posted here last night and it disappeared. Gremlins!

I'm delighted that Nadiya won, she so deserved to. There wasn't dry eye in our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

The Christmas Masterclass is on tomorrow night, Thursday 17th, at 9pm on BBC2 and it'll be repeated on the 21st.

Advertisement