Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbmc remote

• 05-08-2015 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a remote for xbmc, at the moment I'm using yatse which is good, like the layout of it but I would prefer something like a keyboard but is made for a htpc. I always likes the idea of something the size of a tablet but I would also like actual physical buttons to press.

And if it's available to buy in a bricks and mortar shop even better, don't have the patience for waiting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

hairyslug wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a remote for xbmc, at the moment I'm using yatse which is good, like the layout of it but I would prefer something like a keyboard but is made for a htpc. I always likes the idea of something the size of a tablet but I would also like actual physical buttons to press.

And if it's available to buy in a bricks and mortar shop even better, don't have the patience for waiting

I use 2 "remotes", for normal use I have a logitech remote that was lying around it controls kodi through a flirc. A great little IR usb adapter which allows any remote to work with any pc. More info on flirc here:
    https://flirc.tv/

When I need to work on kodi or using chromium I have my logitech wireless keyboard. Good plug and play wireless board with trackpad.
    http://support.logitech.com/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r

Recommend both but flirc is the best thing I have bought, kodi is now more accessible for my wife/anyone else who would find the whole qwerty annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

I'm using a Logitech K400 and a GMYLE® Media Center MCE PC Remote Control with Infrared Receiver.

23-126-315-TS?$S300$

41i%2BwsjHRKL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭tonyfillony

Chrizfitz wrote: »
    I use 2 "remotes", for normal use I have a logitech remote that was lying around it controls kodi through a flirc. A great little IR usb adapter which allows any remote to work with any pc. More info on flirc here:
    https://flirc.tv/

When I need to work on kodi or using chromium I have my logitech wireless keyboard. Good plug and play wireless board with trackpad.
    http://support.logitech.com/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r

Recommend both but flirc is the best thing I have bought, kodi is now more accessible for my wife/anyone else who would find the whole qwerty annoying.

Have the exact same setup , the functionality and customization of the flirc and logitech harmony is very handy, very wife friendly , all i need to do now is get another IR receiver that can turn my HTPC on and i'll be a happy camper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Have the exact same setup , the functionality and customization of the flirc and logitech harmony is very handy, very wife friendly , all i need to do now is get another IR receiver that can turn my HTPC on and i'll be a happy camper

I've gone back to using yatse and the Logitech, had been using one before the wife bent to usb receiver, I'm not sure how but Ive been able to set yatse up so I can turn it on from the tablet,previously I could only turn it on from sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

hairyslug wrote: »
    I've gone back to using yatse and the Logitech, had been using one before the wife bent to usb receiver, I'm not sure how but Ive been able to set yatse up so I can turn it on from the tablet,previously I could only turn it on from sleep

Is it wired or wireless?
    Yatze will send a wake on LAN request to the Kodi box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Remouad wrote: »
    Is it wired or wireless?
    Yatze will send a wake on LAN request to the Kodi box.

I'm using a home plug so I suppose it a wired. I've gone back to using a wireless keyboard and yatse

Advertisement