Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delate everything from a windows 7 PC

Options
  • 05-08-2015 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i am about to sell my PC that i made myself there tomorrow and i am wondering how do i delate all files and set it up as new ?. ITs running windows 7 Pro and wondering where to i begin.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Format (full) and reinstall windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Format (full) and reinstall windows.

How do you do that ?. Don't mind me asking ?.

I am a mac user for the past 4 years i just forgot how to use everything windows wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How do you do that ?. Don't mind me asking ?.

I am a mac user for the past 4 years i just forgot how to use everything windows wise.

Do you have a windows disk and/or windows 7 key?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Do you have a windows disk and/or windows 7 key?

Nope thats the problem

Would i be better off taking out the hard drives and formatting them off my mac and leaving the new person install what ever OS they wont to ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Nope thats the problem

Would i be better off taking out the hard drives and formatting them off my mac and leaving the new person install what ever OS they wont to ?.

There is freeware available, I think it's Magic Jellybean which will display the Windows key.

You could then just put a linux distro on a USB stick, boot from the USB stick, reformat the drive, use linux to write zeroes to the drive and then install linux from the usb stick to the hard drive.

That way the machine is fully operational so you can show everything works and you can supply the valid Windows 7 key if the purchaser wants to install Windows 7 on it.

• Advertisement

Have windows 7 shorted on a CD i found it ;) :P.

Thanks anyway

Advertisement