Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up an employment agency

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    A employmentrcy for unskilled workers would make a change.

'
    Search under general operative roles should bring results, most will be contracts roles though. Some agencies are now insistant on safe pass and manual handling certs for most basic of roles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

RoRo979 wrote: »
    Hi, i am wondering if someone could assist me by giving me some information on how realistic this is to do. Unfortunately my knowledge of the legal system is miniscule and i find researching it to be very daunting. Basically I could code a website myself and know many people that are currently seeking employment but cannot find it. Is it too far fetched to assume i could set up a business as a sole trader, contact firms and offer my services to find employees for them, then find employees internally(people i may know/friends of friends) or externally( people that may stumble accross my website or posters etc). A few of my friends are currently employed by an agency and they state that the agency takes about €1 of their hourly rate which i think is crazy money for the agency assuming the are at least employing tens of people. Thank you

lol €1 of their hourly rate, things must have changed. A much younger me was with an agency 2003-2004, they were charging the clients something like €16-€20 an hour (seen the invoices) while paying about the minimum wage to the temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    lol €1 of their hourly rate, things must have changed. A much younger me was with an agency 2003-2004, they were charging the clients something like €16-€20 an hour (seen the invoices) while paying about the minimum wage to the temps.

The rate is normally around 1.55 / 1.6 so temp gets ten euro, agency charges 16 + plus vat

Advertisement