Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD Best Option? (Worried about student unrest?)

Options
  • 06-08-2015 5:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,
    I'm going into sixth year in September and have been dreaming of going to an art college for as long as I can remember.

After going to ncads open day last year and seeing that I could study visual culture along with fine art or design I thought I had found my dream course.

It seems to be the only completely devoted art and design college dublin and I saw it ranked in the top 100 art and design colleges in the world on the QS website.
    But I've been seeing a lot of unrest in the college currently, even seeing a report on student protests on the news. I've also spoken to a current design student who confirmed for me that the place is overcrowded and under funded and that it is frustrating for him to be studying there. Also a friend's mothers friend lectures there and says the place is currently a mess.

Could any ncad students/staff help me out here in clearing up the matter? Are DIT or IADT better options currently? Does ncad lack funding and space? WI'll things settle down soon or is putting in time and effort into a specific ncad portfolio a waste of my time?

Thanks so much to anybody who replies 😊

Advertisement