Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to know each other

Options
  • 06-08-2015 6:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hola Amigos

Thought this thread could be useful in knowing each other before the session starts. Post your accomodation and course info :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Still searching for accommodation. It's painful! Some people just don't respond to you... and all of the properties have SOMETHING bad/exclusionary about them. Seriously having a tough time with this and thinking I'll just have to bite the bullet and pick out something less than ideal, as I can't keep just going up and down to Dublin with nothing to show for it. If anyone else here has a room going, please let me know.

Course-wise, I'm doing the Msc in Computer Science (Negotiated Learning) course and have most of my modules picked out. Basically you get to choose what you learn. The third semester can be a thesis, group project or really difficult internship with one of the bigger companies in Ireland. I'm leaning more towards the Thesis at this point, since that would sound best on my CV.

I've also already had a chat via PM with another guy doing the same course, so hopefully I won't be totally alone when I finally move up!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

a fat guy wrote: »
    Still searching for accommodation. It's painful! Some people just don't respond to you... and all of the properties have SOMETHING bad/exclusionary about them. Seriously having a tough time with this and thinking I'll just have to bite the bullet and pick out something less than ideal, as I can't keep just going up and down to Dublin with nothing to show for it. If anyone else here has a room going, please let me know.

Course-wise, I'm doing the Msc in Computer Science (Negotiated Learning) course and have most of my modules picked out. Basically you get to choose what you learn. The third semester can be a thesis, group project or really difficult internship with one of the bigger companies in Ireland. I'm leaning more towards the Thesis at this point, since that would sound best on my CV.

I've also already had a chat via PM with another guy doing the same course, so hopefully I won't be totally alone when I finally move up!

What do you mean a difficult internship?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

b0gg3r wrote: »
    What do you mean a difficult internship?

I've just read over an old email and they actually described getting the internship as difficult, rather than the work itself.

Apparently there's a lot of competition.

I might just go for it anyway though, since more experience is always good.

Advertisement