Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pit Stop in Galway

Options
  • 06-08-2015 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi
    I am driving from Dublin to Clare on Sunday afternoon/evening, and plan to stop off before Galway city for a bite to eat and to stretch our legs. I would prefer not go to a fast food joint or a "services" type place, they're a bit soul-less. Any suggestion welcomed!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can either go by Ballinasloe or Limerick, depending on where in Clare you're going to.
    Me, I'd stop in Kinvara, it's a little bit out of the way but worth a visit and has several restaurants. I like the Tide Full Inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Depends on where you are stopping, but the www.shearwaterhotel.com in Ballinasloe do a lovely Carvery lunch, Its close enough to town for a walk also and there is a canal and small parks nearby

Advertisement