Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd v Tottenham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Just need to settle again, crowd are on the ref's back.

Bentaleb is just jogging around doing nowt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Seriously wish Walker never played for the club again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't blame Walker for that. Unlucky it went in, but he was trying to cover someone else's mistake. 100% Bentalebs fault.

Utd well on top now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Midfield to be overrun, Walker to make mistake to cost a goal. Rose off to Chelsea and Hugo off to United, that is my reading of that line up :D

Hope I am wrong.

1 down 2 to go.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I don't blame Walker for that. Unlucky it went in, but he was trying to cover someone else's mistake. 100% Bentalebs fault.

Utd well on top now.

Not just that. He's being exposed all half.

We're absolute dirt. Looking at 3-0 atleast if it keels going like this.

Walker has handled Young better than I thought, our midfield it too lightweight. Chasing shadows. Bentaleb is playing like its a friendly against Stevenage.

Only one down. Neither keeper has seen any real action. More than capable of equalizing. Stick Alli or Carroll on if it's the same after 10 - 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

If we go back to paying the way we did in the first 20 we can Nick something from this game. Should bring on Ali for Bentaleb

Dear god get Bentaleb off, he just let Rooney run there. He's not picking up anyone, just drifting about.

• Advertisement

Good call.

How many balls have we played over the top, has there been a ball crossed in?

All the noise is coming from the Tottenham end, Utd have been brutal this half. 30 minutes to create a chance or two? Vorm has been a spectator thus far.

Chadli, Dembele & Eriksen has done nowt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

Eriksen is criminally overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

golfball37 wrote: »
    Eriksen is criminally overrated

He needs to be playing with other better players i reckon

Opening day ring rust as expected. Neither keeper was called upon. One mistake won the game.

Walker controlled Young all game, the blame shouldn't lie on his shoulders. Alderweireld looks a fantastic purchase. Midfield were non existing. Bar that me'h.

Need a signing or two please Mr.Levy. Berahino would inject some much needed pace.

Two things to take from this game. We are not good enough as it stands and need at minimum a creative midfielder and a striker.

United at present look average and no hope of winning the league if they continue on that form. The united of old would have hammered that Spurs side.

irishmover wrote: »
    Two things to take from this game. We are not good enough as it stands and need at minimum a creative midfielder and a striker.

United at present look average and no hope of winning the league if they continue on that form. The united of old would have hammered that Spurs side.

First game of the season. No one's match fit at this early stage, plus there incorporating new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Same **** different season. In a way am sorry to see football back, my weekends will be ruined again now!!

Bentaleb needs a serious reality check, he didn't defend, or create. You can't play a ball blindly and get away with it. I'm not entirely sure of his role as of yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

we started great... Bentaleb ballsed it up. Confidence fell away after that.

Eriksen should have scored the chance he had too

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    First game of the season. No one's match fit at this early stage, plus there incorporating new players.

So you think this united side have an ounce of a chance of finishing ahead of City, Chelsea and Arsenal?

I guess I wasn't expecting them to be so ****. Really expected us to be hammered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We had lots of possession, but lost to a goal from a horrible mistake from Bentaleb. So pretty much the same old ****.

irishmover wrote: »
    So you think this united side have an ounce of a chance of finishing ahead of City, Chelsea and Arsenal?

I guess I wasn't expecting them to be so ****. Really expected us to be hammered.

I'd never dismiss them, just look at there history. There not finished spending yet either. Van Gaal is a winner.

Disappointing, a more adventures side would of earned a draw today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Need a signing or two please Mr.Levy. Berahino would inject some much needed pace.

Berahino wears #18 at WBA.

#18 currently unassigned @ spurs

Just saying

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sugarlumps wrote: »

I agree, but apparently the same defence doesn't apply for Spurs :pac:

I agree, but apparently the same defence doesn't apply for Spurs :pac:

Yeh I was thinking that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:
    We had lots of possession, but lost to a goal from a horrible mistake from Bentaleb. So pretty much the same old ****.

Ah yeah.

Sure if it wasn't for Bentaleb s mistake we prob would have won the game.
    Top 4 here we come!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Can someone please tell me where this hype about Bentaleb being a future star midfielder is coming from???
    I'm not saying the guy is a donkey by any means and he;s a good player and has played well at times, but he is very overrated in my opinion and we need an upgrade over him in that deeper 2 in midfield.
    This is a rant from someone who didn't see the game due to work,but it has bugged me for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'm not one to be negative, so here goes.

The goal wasn't Walker's fault, he actually did well to get back around. Though he shouldn't have been starting, Trippier is a better defender and better at going forward.

I was a little bit worried about Vorm but all in all he was a spectator. Our defence did well.

United and Spurs cancelled themselves out. Yes, a team which spent £85m this summer was on par with us, a team which underspent and still has some positions to fill.

When I saw the team sheets I was very worried. Though what I saw over the 90 minutes was encouraging. United have aspirations of winning the league and we matched them.

Advertisement