Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling under 14 days

Options
  • 06-08-2015 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I would like to cancel my Eircom contract as I have found the support to be very poor. I will be moving to Sky. My number is meant to be ported from Magnet to Eircom but still hasn't be completed. I do not want to lose this number.

Can I put in my cancellation request under the 14 days cancellation policy. Then order with Sky to minimise downtime. I will pay pro rata for any days over the 14 days if the move takes longer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    I would like to cancel my Eircom contract as I have found the support to be very poor. I will be moving to Sky. My number is meant to be ported from Magnet to Eircom but still hasn't be completed. I do not want to lose this number.

Can I put in my cancellation request under the 14 days cancellation policy. Then order with Sky to minimise downtime. I will pay pro rata for any days over the 14 days if the move takes longer?
    Hi Vuzuggu

You feel need to contact eircoms cancellations team for clarification surrounding cancelling under the 14 day cooling off period.

I'm sorry I cannot help further with this

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

Hi Vuzuggu

You feel need to contact eircoms cancellations team for clarification surrounding cancelling under the 14 day cooling off period.

Thanks
    Al

Why? He can cancel for any reason within in the first 14 days from installation.

Instead of calling eircom and been passed from pillar to post, just called your new provider and give them your uan and they should have it all done really easily for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jay1988 wrote: »
    Hi Vuzuggu

Thanks
    Al

Why? He can cancel for any reason within in the first 14 days from installation.

Instead of calling eircom and been passed from pillar to post, just called your new provider and give them your uan and they should have it all done really easily for you.
    Hi jay1988

It is advisable to call cancellations - the cancellations team can terminate the account or supply the UAN if required.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement