Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere near Ashbourne for wedding photos

Options
  • 06-08-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, getting married next year in Ashbourne and looking for somewhere relatively close for some wedding photos. You know, a park, castle, old woodlands, riverbank etc.

Can anyone suggest some places? I'm not from that area so I've no idea on what's about.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Hi guys, getting married next year in Ashbourne and looking for somewhere relatively close for some wedding photos. You know, a park, castle, old woodlands, riverbank etc.

Can anyone suggest some places? I'm not from that area so I've no idea on what's about.

Thanks

How far would you travel?
    Skryne Hill?
    Killeen Castle?
    Bective Abbey is bit further but great spot.
    A local photographer is really what you want.
    Not too many scenic areas around really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

It might be a bit of a trek but Glebe House near Newgrange is used by some hotels for wedding party shoots. The house is on one side of the Boyne Valley.

Balrath Wood is about 11 miles north of Ashbourne off the N2.

Agree with Niallam, Bective Abbey is a great spot, my sister had photos done there for her wedding.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

You've any amount of lovely countryside around Ashbourne and your wedding photos should be about you and not about the "Castle" with you in front. Why not find a nice quiet boreen and get some shots of you and your partner walking along hand in hand. Or to go mad altogether, why not go to Tayto Park and get some really fun shots on the rides? Ask your photographer for suggestions - if he/she is any good they'll come up with something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

And yes that's what I'll be doing. Just doing some pre scouting before the photographer and I talk about what we're expecting etc.

I've a few ideas about what I want so this is why I'm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll be checking them out over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

If you go down the line of a quaint boreen with some land, I know a nice quite road. Head towards Ratoath from the roundabout to the south of Ashbourne. Shortly before the bridge over the motorway, there is a left turn. This road is about 5km long so you might find a spot suitable.

Advertisement