Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Home Premium ISO

Options
  • 06-08-2015 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

I need to reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop but I've no installation media, and the microsoft software recovery website is telling me to contact the manufacturer as it was re-installed on it.

I can't seem to find any of the ISOs online anymore that are direct download.

Anyone got any links?

Cheeers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Cheers! Much obliged

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Ant695 wrote: »

Is this an option in an OEM installed version of Windows scenario, where no media was provided with laptop?

I thought I could download a copy to a HD from the MS Downloads website but the serial number on my software was not valid for the download. Apparently, only serial numbers relating to purchased versions are allowed here. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Maidhci wrote: »
    Is this an option in an OEM installed version of Windows scenario, where no media was provided with laptop?

I thought I could download a copy to a HD from the MS Downloads website but the serial number on my software was not valid for the download. Apparently, only serial numbers relating to purchased versions are allowed here. Any suggestions?

Not 100% sure if it would work but if you have a key for it you should be ok and in some instances if you are reinstalling on the same laptop if you keep skipping enter key once it's done and you are on desktop it can auto detect the key and you don't need to enter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

Ant695 wrote: »
    Not 100% sure if it would work but if you have a key for it you should be ok and in some instances if you are reinstalling on the same laptop if you keep skipping enter key once it's done and you are on desktop it can auto detect the key and you don't need to enter it.
    He's trying to download the ISO from the Microsoft download. Microsoft asks for a Key before letting you download the WIn7 ISO, and OEM keys aren't accepted. (The last time I tried, it didn't accept the key from my original "Win7 Family Pack" either).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Bayberry wrote: »
    He's trying to download the ISO from the Microsoft download. Microsoft asks for a Key before letting you download the WIn7 ISO, and OEM keys aren't accepted. (The last time I tried, it didn't accept the key from my original "Win7 Family Pack" either).

Ah yeah I missed that. Well you don't require a key to download the iso from there. Only required for activation. Never set up 7 personally so didn't realise you needed a key just to get the iso.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Get the ISO from:

http://getintopc.com/softwares/opera...32-bit-64-bit/

It will have some other key embedded in it.

Install . When it comes to activation - you can enter your own key.
    There is a 'change key' option in the system/activation screen

A.

Advertisement