Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Homes in Wexford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

I think thats expensive Mcc76, you would do better on one of the other sites to be honest
    Oatfields is a really nice site though and if you were going to use it very regularly its prob worth the extra but if you are just going to be an occasional weekend visitor then I would look elsewhere

My site fee is €1,900 - just so you can see the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mcc76

Thanks for that . Were is your site located. Also would you have any information about the price to buy them? Do they deprecate a lot ?
    magicray wrote: »
    I think thats expensive Mcc76, you would do better on one of the other sites to be honest
    Oatfields is a really nice site though and if you were going to use it very regularly its prob worth the extra but if you are just going to be an occasional weekend visitor then I would look elsewhere

My site fee is €1,900 - just so you can see the difference

I am on the next site down to Oatfields, its nothing as fancy as Oatfields but its perfect for what we need

I'll pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Mcc76 wrote: »
    Hi millhouse,
    We have been quoted 42k for a second hand 3 bed mobile - 8 years old in Oatfields
    Fees 3,650 but are increasing
    This seems very expensive? Any feedback or information is greatly appreciated
    We have 8 & 3 year old
    Are the kids happy here, what are the evenings like?

I agree with Magicray, if you are only going to use the site occasionally the annual fees are pretty expensive and €42k is chunky for something you will use the odd time.
    During the summer months there are activities all day through July + August so no need to be bringing your children elsewhere for entertainment. We use ours for the entire summer , most bank holiday weekends and the odd saturday on an adhoc basis so we feel we get value out of ours but the fees have been creeping up over the past 2/3 yrs.
    Our kids love it , have made loads of friends and really enjoy the place. Evening times vary , for kids there is acitvities going on for all the various ages or they are off playing their own games. For adults wine on the decks, tennis , golf or whatever you like to relax.
    Regarding the €42k I think this is increased due to huge demand and lack of supply. The same mobile on another site might be €10k cheaper but the facilities would be inferior but that's not me justifying the cost it's just not many mobiles come up for sale and there are always people looking for them.

If you want to discuss this any further PM me, I'd be happy to chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jpchymie2

Hi.looking to buy mobile home in or around Kilmuckridge,Wexford.2 or 3 Bedroom. Please

• Advertisement

jpchymie2 wrote:
    Hi.looking to buy mobile home in or around Kilmuckridge,Wexford.2 or 3 Bedroom. Please

Best advice would be to pop down to the relevant parks and speak to the site owners. They may have ones for sale. Also as we come to the end of the summer it is often a time when people decide to sell. Best of luck .

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DonSke

Hi, Thread is a few years old but we are looking at Oatfields also right now. Did you eventually buy one there? How is it? Recommend or no? We have three kids under 10. Thanks

Hi DonSke

I am not on Oafields myself but close by, its a really lovely site - by far the best one in Kilmuckridge in my opinion
    There is always lots going on for kids so if yours are the type to take part in the various activities etc they would have a ball

I have said here before that its expensive though so you would have to make good use of it, a weekend here and there wouldn't make it worth your while

When my three were smallies I took term time from work and headed down for most of the summer so my mobile has more than paid for itself, my site is quieter but my kids had their cousins and the beach :)

Fully agree. By far the best in kilmuckridge but priced accordingly. Lots of activities included in your fees and the place is beautiful. If you intend on spending a lot of time down there you will justify the spend but a weekend here and there will make it very expensive. Fees are €3600 per year currently so not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fiona gibbons

Hi
    Myself and my husband are looking to buy a mobile home around Wicklow/Wexford area.
    We have looked in about 12 mobile home parks now at this stage and we’re still very much undecided.
    We are living In north Dublin just beside the m50.
    Having looked in a lot of parks top of our list is burrow holiday park in rosslare strand. The only downfall with here is the travel time which is 2 hours 10 mins which doesn’t take into account any traffic u may hit along the way. They are supposed to be bypassing ferns and enniscorthy which will take about 15-30 mins off ur journey. Also this park has v little space between the mobiles, in comparison to other parks we seen that had a good bit of space around them.
    We’ve heard great things about Tara meadows and prospect in ballymoney and morriscastle in kilmuckridge but there seems to be a waiting list to get in here so might not get in for next season 2019, which is what we really want.
    Our budget is €25k-€30k, we’d like a 3 bed mobile and a few facilities on site to entertain our 3 kids who are now aged 5,3 & 2.
    We see this as being a long term investment where we will go down every weekend or every 2nd weekend, and then for a month in the summer and when kids have time off school.
    Ideally we’d like a beach and a few shops near by.
    We’ve also looked at a mobile home park in clogher head in co Louth which is only 50 mins drive away but just don’t know if it’s for us.
    Can anyone please give me some advice on any parks that might be suitable for us?
    Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

Hi sorry I know this is an old thread but could you forward me contact details for Kathleen O Briens? thanks

Advertisement