Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport Hotels

Options
  • 06-08-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm planning a few days in Westport and am looking at hotels. The prices don't seem to be all that different. Two of us going and we're looking for a place to chill out. reasonably priced bar food would be good, plus a spa. All these hotels fit the bill but wondering what the locals think!

Atlantic Coast (because it's on the quay)
    Knockranny house
    Westport PLaza.

Any suggestions/thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

neemish wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm planning a few days in Westport and am looking at hotels. The prices don't seem to be all that different. Two of us going and we're looking for a place to chill out. reasonably priced bar food would be good, plus a spa. All these hotels fit the bill but wondering what the locals think!

Atlantic Coast (because it's on the quay)
    Knockranny house
    Westport PLaza.

Any suggestions/thoughts welcome.

all owned by the one family. hence the lack of price competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Any other opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Atlantic Coast is lovely, stayed there a few years ago. The quay setting is nice and its near a couple of good quality restaurants (names escape me, sorry!) It's a fair walk into town centre (but doable). Plaza is very central, I haven't stayed there so can't comment on quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Miose

neemish wrote: »
    Any other opinions?

I've stayed in the Plaza and the Atlantic Coast. The Plaza is more swish, spa is lovely and it's a sister hotel to the Castlecourt. It's in the town. The Atlantic Coast has recently been done up, haven't used the spa and the swimming pool was closed for renovations last time we stayed so worth asking if it's important to you. It's down by the Quay, lovely pub grub in The Helm which is close by. You would need to get a taxi to the town but I think that it's about €3. There are often deals on groupon. Good budget option!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Miose wrote: »
    You would need to get a taxi to the town but I think that it's about €3.
    From Atlantic Coast to Octagon in town centre it's 1.8km.
    It's less than 20 minutes walk at normal walking pace.
    While it might not suit some people, generally that's perfectly normal distance to walk for most I'd think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

If the access to Westport House from Church Lane is open, the walk from the Quay is easier.

Also the walk along the old Westport/ Westport Quay Railway line avoids Quay Hill

Advertisement