Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant question - haven't signed a contract in 3 years

Options
  • 06-08-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Going to keep the long story short.

Renting for past 4 years.
    Signed a 1 year contract trough a letting agency that he used to only find a tenant.
    Paying trough direct debit.
    Only saw the LL ones when he came to collect a letter about 7-8 months into the first year.
    We keep contact trough phone, text, email or mail.
    LL is a very nice person, and seems to have trust in me (any letters addressed to his name he gets me to read and ether forward it to his address or bin).
    Any renovations, fixing etc are ether booked and paid by me, and then reimbursed or done trough him directly.

At the end of the "contract" he calls me and asks me if I'm happy etc and would say that then the contract remains standing and he's happy with me as a tenant. He said if I ever need that in writing, he can email it to me or we can sit down and have it on paper.

I'm going to be seeking a mortgage soon, and wanted to know what i my current standing in the legal world?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You are on a part 4 tenancy. Perfectly legal. The landlord may not be prtb registered if you're still getting his post but that's his problem not yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

that takes a lot of weight of my shoulders.
    thank you very much.

Advertisement