Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More desirable place to live in Limerick City

• 06-08-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

If you had a choice between living in an apartment in the Parkview(Parkview Hall)area of Limerick or at the top of William Street(Mahon House) in Limerick which would you choose? Rent is around the same price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

pipelaser wrote: »
    If you had a choice between living in an apartment in the Parkview(Parkview Hall)area of Limerick or at the top of William Street(Mahon House) in Limerick which would you choose? Rent is around the same price.

If you have a car or a bike or something id stay out of William street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I've a friend living in Mahon House. It's a fairly ok space, but not exactly the height of luxury. Anywhere with storage heaters you should steer clear of. They're the main sign of a development that was built with quick profit for the developer in mind.

I've been in the Parkview apartments and I'd say they're a step up from Mahon House, although it's quite a few years since I was there and can't recall exactly what they're like.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Was living in parkview hall up until June.

Decent place, rent reasonable, but you're getting what you pay for. Jack, the supervisor/landlord on site is a really lovely guy, but won't take any crap. Everything bar electricity is included in the price and the electricity is prepay.

I can't say much about William Street, but the traffic would drive me spare :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Parkview all the way. I know someone living in Mahon House and I hear a lot of horror stories about it. The apartments themselves are all right but lot of drug users manage to access the building and not only shoot up and sleep there but also urinate and defecate in the halls and lifts. There were a few articles about it in the Leader a few years back but I've been hearing about it still happening as recently as last month. I think a new owner has bought it recently and they may take better control of the problems but if I had the option I'd steer clear.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/landlord-plays-down-problems-at-limerick-apartment-block-1-5086492

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/landlord-plays-down-problems-at-limerick-apartment-block-1-5086492

Advertisement