Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockin Joe's Closure, O'Connell St

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It says "(since lifted)" after rockin joes. Radio reporting its closed as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Jofspring wrote: »
    It says "(since lifted)" after rockin joes. Radio reporting its closed as well though.

Yeah i originally saw it on another site joe.ie, pasted the times one then as a more reputable news site!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Ate there this lunchtime........ before I read this obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ate there this lunchtime........ before I read this obviously

And your grand, see.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

And your grand, see.:)

Don't know if it's psychological or not but my arse is starting to feel twitchy.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hmmm...would this have happened under the Eddie's name??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

I'm amazed at this, my teenage daughters eat at the Rockin Joes branch out the Ennis Road and its spotlessly clean....I guess you never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Rockin Joe's is a franchise afaik so different outlets are not owned by the same proprietor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Is Rockin Joes not the original Eddie Rockets franchise holder in the Limerick area that split out of the franchise to set up their own chain of similar restaurants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd wonder why they closed them temporarily though. Could be something small, because it happens, or something worse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭brianhickey

AKW wrote: »
    Is Rockin Joes not the original Eddie Rockets franchise holder in the Limerick area that split out of the franchise to set up their own chain of similar restaurants?
    Yeah AFAIK all of the Rockin Joes are owned by the same person, they had all of the Eddie Rockets in Waterford, Limerick and Galway but had some issues and lost the franchise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I went to college with the lad that owns it. Indeed they had a falling out with the Eddie Rockets franchise and went their separate ways...hence decor change, different menu's etc.. Same person owns them all. Personally I think their grub improved and never had any issues eating in the one in O'Connell st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Yeah AFAIK all of the Rockin Joes are owned by the same person, they had all of the Eddie Rockets in Waterford, Limerick and Galway but had some issues and lost the franchise.

And Cork, was known as Eddie Rockets Munster, they didn't have the Killarmey franchise for some reason.
    Eddie Rockets are trying to open new restaurants in Cork and Limerick but it's difficult to get sites at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Berty wrote: »
    I'd wonder why they closed them temporarily though. Could be something small, because it happens, or something worse?

HSE do not issue closure orders lightly. As a previous restaurant owner it is guaranteed to have been something very serious, and an immediate threat to public health.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

Last time I was in there, over a year ago, the smell of stagnant water was brutal, we moved seat but even then it was in ours nose so never went back. The Coonagh cross one is fine however.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Kenny B wrote: »
    Last time I was in there, over a year ago, the smell of stagnant water was brutal, we moved seat but even then it was in ours nose so never went back. The Coonagh cross one is fine however.

There was always a smell of stagnant water at the back for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

MarkR wrote: »

My take on that it was a sewage issue emanating from the toilets in the basement. It was there for as long as I can remember, long before it changed from Eddie Rockets to Rockin Joes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I just passed two minutes ago and the place was opened with lot's of people in there!:confused:

the one in the crescent is fine also very clean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Sure is, top-notch indeed with very nice, helpful staff and good quality American-style grub. I like it. Rockin' Joe's pricing is very much improved over the previous incarnation as well. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Not in my experience to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Kenny B wrote: »
    MarkR wrote: »

Id say its something to do with the HUGE metal door down there that leads under the street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

I believe the tide affects the smell in some of the basements in Limerick, as they are on or below sea level. Tide comes in smell gets trapped and pushed back into the basements.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

panda100 wrote: »
    I just passed two minutes ago and the place was opened with lot's of people in there!:confused:

It was only closed for a day, last month.

Advertisement