Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market Yard reputation?

Options
  • 06-08-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have recently viewed a three bedroom apartment in the Print House in market yard, Sligo. I see in older threads that this area has something of a reputation as being linked with drugs. These threads are however four years old and so I'd just like some input on whether it is still the case. My girlfriend would be travelling to and from college and I just want to know that she'll be safe.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Nothing much has changed to be honest, but then again what area is safe in Sligo town, it would be dodgy enough place late at night early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

All of Sligo is safe.

I walk the streets at 12-1 am dozens of times each year.

No incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I can't understand why people say places are "dodgy".

I have walked Bridge, Castle, Grattan, OCS, Wine streets many, many times at 11pm-1am, no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

You must be one of the lucky ones or are able to take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niallbreen89

Thanks for your input. I was really just making sure there were no horror stories. We've been living in the Bluebell/Ballyfermot area for a few years so we are used to keeping the heads down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I lived in the market yard for years and never had a problem and I'm the type who would go for walks late at night all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niallbreen89

I lived in the market yard for years and never had a problem and I'm the type who would go for walks late at night all the time.

That's great to hear. The apartment itself is lovely so I didn't want to give it up unless there was a real problem.
    Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I think there are nicer areas tbh. The walk up Harmony Hill or through the alley off High Street would be a bit dark and creepy at night.

I always wonder how the residents of Market Yard can listen to that effing butcher's van generator all day on Fridays as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

If the Market Yard has a reputation its the first I have heard of it!

Advertisement