Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird issue - is this unreasonable of me?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

You say you don't want anyone to be aware that you're having sex - they're well aware. It's a given when an adult has their partner stay over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I think it's pretty much along the lines of what kylith says. Its not that it's bad or shameful.

You're moving the goalposts now. Yesterday, by your own admission, you found the idea of hearing sex or being overheard "disgusting and appalling".

Seriously, CB, go and see a counsellor, and not just about your "general anxiety and over worrying tendencies", you need to speak to someone specifically about your very messed-up attitudes towards sex and sexuality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

ATM she is of the understanding that I don't like sex if someone else is in THIS house. As said, I have no issues at all doing it at her house as its solid out. My place has the build quality of a cornflakes box.
    I'd bet they can hear you in her house too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

I'd be fairly sure they can't. The bed doesn't sqeak and the walls & floor are concrete. And we're not noisy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Hi folk. Bit of a bone of contention of late with my gf (we're 29/30). Basically we both live in a houseshare arrangements and last weekend we were cuddling in bed at mine and things started going towards sex. I was aware that one housemate was in the next room and when told her maybe not this time in case they heard us. I thought this was reasonable as no-one wants to hear people having sex, not that we're loud were pretty quiet, and I'd be mortified if they did hear anything.

Put a pillow behind the headboard and be as quiet as you can.. Works also when there's an 8 month old in the room and 4 others children in the house. :D
    And children are more likely to bring it up in front of people and embarrass you.
    Adults usually don't mind as long as it's not as someone said loud at 3am on a school night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod Note:
    OP - I am sorry to have to do this. I know you are genuinely looking for advise on your issues here, however as some posters here have mentioned (which I'd prefer had been via reported posts instead of on thread) this is not your first post on this type of issue. In fact we've removed a few of your threads at your request and yet here we are with another thread on a similar theme.

At this stage I think PI/RI has gone as far as it can in giving you advise and all I can now recommend is to speak with a professional.

Please don't open another thread on this topic in PI/RI. We'll just close it at a minimum but we have gone so far as to permanently ban some posters who just wouldn't heed this advise for their own good.

Again - sorry but I really do hope you've the courage to seek professional help and the patience to work though your challenges, it will be tough but if you find the right person and bear with it you can turn things around.

Thread closed - and good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement