Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Fan

Options
  • 06-08-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Normally I would not notice the fan on the PS4...
    However I had a quick game of Ground Zeroes the other day and my fan began to humm - I remember my PS3 began like this and then over time got louder and louder until I had to get it fixed as it was a joke.
    My PS4 is less than a year old.
    Should I be worried ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Warmer ambient temperatures this time of year means the fan will be working a bit harder and can become more audible.

Take a hoover to the vents at the back and sides,give them a good cleaning and remove any dust/debris as best you can. Also make sure there is room at the back of the cosole to aid air flow. Should help,dust build up can really raise temperatures.

Did you ever clean the vents on the PS3? Did it break or did you get it fixed just because it was loud?

Advertisement