Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

permanently banned

Options
  • 06-08-2015 5:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have been permanently banned from the state benefits forum for trolling. I was not trolling, it certainly wasn't my intention. I cannot see the thread now so I cant remember exactly what I said, but I specifically said to the op that I wasnt judging her, but that I don't think you are supposed to be able to save money for a foreign holiday while on Job seekers allowance. I told her that it wasn't very wise to post about it on boards as it would give the usual dole bashers fuel to accuse all unemploymed people of going on foreign holidays,new cars ect which is common place on boards. I honestly cannot understand how it was deemed as trolling. If the mod thought it was trolling surly a warning or infraction would have sufficed. A instant permanent ban is very, very harsh in my opinion. The mod in question refuses to explain what I have done wrong or discuss it at all with me. Is there anything that can be done to lift this ban?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I should add to this that I have never received a warning, infraction or ban in that forum before which makes the permanent ban even more baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi ComfortKid

As per the process flow presented at the top of this thread, can you confirm if you have contacted the moderator who banned you, in an effort to resolve the matter between you? If you have, please forward me the PM conversation so that I can review. If you have not, please try that step first.

Regards,
    dudara

Hi. Yes I PMd him immediately after the ban, the next day and finally today he replied with a simple "I'm not lifting the ban"

I don't know how to foward the PM conversation? I'm using the app on my android phone now.

I'm not sure how to forward from within the app. I don't use it myself. If you can access Boards through a regular browser, you can forward the PMs, by clicking Forward, instead of Reply.

I will look into this matter for you, but it's likely to be at the weekend. I want you to be aware of my availability and likely timeline.

I will try an forward that in the morning to you.

Yeah the weekend is fine, no panic. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I haven't received the PMs from you yet, but I have reviewed the thread in question, plus your other contributions to the forum.

It's clear why you received moderator attention as you kept posting the same point over and over. I do believe that this was in contradiction of the forum charter which states the following:
    . 6 - There is Zero Tolerance for posters being critical of those on benefits either individual posters or benefit claimants as a group

State Benefits is a very tightly moderated forum. The penalty for the above is a 2 week ban, and I therefore propose to reduce your ban from permanent to 2 weeks.

Can you please let me know if you are happy with this? If not, I can request an admin review.

dudara wrote:
    Can you please let me know if you are happy with this? If not, I can request an admin review.

I'm not happy about it, but I will accept it. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement