Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Gearing up to the ilvl 700 drops is insanely easy. My Shaman has 7 pieces, Pala has 8, DK and mage have 3 or 4 each too.
    All in a couple of hours.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Invasions not working right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Dcully wrote: »
    Invasions not working right now.

how do you mean?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They seemed fine yesterday. Did a few of them with a few characters. Gear is extremely easy to come by, but that's normal enough for an expansion pre-patch. Not sure i'll bother with doing many more though.

The Broken Shore scenario was excellent. As someone who loves the lore, it was definitely the best bit of story content they've done so far. Spoilers!! -
    Anduin's sacrifice was excellent, and the Vol'jin cinematic for Horde was great. I was kind of annoyed about Tirion though...his 30 second death cameo was underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I've decided I'm going to maintain 3 characters in legion- Tank, Healer and Ranged DPS.

My Healer/Melee DPS will be my main, my Mistweaver with Windwalker offspec. My tank will probably be a Demon Hunter, since I want to play one and if I like it then two birds with one stone.

Ranged DPS I'm thinking Fire Mage, but also considering Affliction Warlock. I've always carried my lock through each expansion so it feels weird to leave it.

In saying that, I will probably level everything that I have to 110, but only those 3 will be kept actively geared/raid worthy.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Spoilers!! -
    Anduin's sacrifice was excellent, and the Vol'jin cinematic for Horde was great. I was kind of annoyed about Tirion though...his 30 second death cameo was underwhelming.
    The cinematic inside Grommash Hold after the scenario was honestly second to none. Amazing piece of work. I shed a tear for poor aul Vol'jin :pac:

I need to gear my characters up 700 so I can properly test out what I want to main in Legion.
    So far, shaman and Pala are clear winners. I was loving my Shaman. Then I tanked the scenario my my Pala and it was insanely fun. Did a few invasions and they were also great fun (although the bosses are a bit stupid with their one shot mechanics).
    Still, gonna gear everyone up so I can do a proper comparison.

Still need to log in my DH and test it out too. :P

Calhoun wrote: »
    how do you mean?

For an hour lastnight any invasion I went to had nothing ,just players hanging around,
    Seemed bugged.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I've decided I'm going to maintain 3 characters in legion- Tank, Healer and Ranged DPS.

My Healer/Melee DPS will be my main, my Mistweaver with Windwalker offspec. My tank will probably be a Demon Hunter, since I want to play one and if I like it then two birds with one stone.

Ranged DPS I'm thinking Fire Mage, but also considering Affliction Warlock. I've always carried my lock through each expansion so it feels weird to leave it.

In saying that, I will probably level everything that I have to 110, but only those 3 will be kept actively geared/raid worthy.

Similar position myself, feels weird leaving my priest which was a main since release in the dust,holy is just so boring to me now,disc is very fun but not really main healer viable,shadow is meant to be great but I detest dot dot dot gameplay.

I mained a mage in WOD but this time round I'm just not digging it either,Frost is my favourite followed by arcane,fire is a bit average.

Really enjoying my monk and its close to being a main, mistweaver is probably the most fun ive had with a healer in the game, windwalker surprised me by being a lot of fun too,havent really tanked yet but I doubt ill ever main a tank.

I'm torn between monk and shaman as a main,havent tried the Demon Hunter yet,also keen to play a lvl 100 DK [have a lvl 80] so ill probably use my free lvl 100 on a DK ,might roll it over on alliance for a change.

RShaman is very powerful and will serve you extremely well in progression raiding. I would always name the RShaman as the first spot on our healing team.

It also has the benefit of having ranged and melee off-specs, and Enhancement is apparently incredibly fun now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

When you say gear from invasions is easy to come by, where is this happening?

I did an invasion last night and had to just fly in the air above, as the amount of horde and PVP was simply infuriating. There was about 10 alliance and 200 horde.

• Advertisement

RShaman is very powerful and will serve you extremely well in progression raiding. I would always name the RShaman as the first spot on our healing team.

It also has the benefit of having ranged and melee off-specs, and Enhancement is apparently incredibly fun now.

Yeah I agree, enhancement is a lot of fun.

Also agree about shammy raid healing prowess but considering I probably wont have time to raid fully ill most likely be doing mythic 5 mans as my endgame.
    I'm hoping this means will be a viable progression path?

I do really enjoy the shammy enhancement and resto specs, not mad about elemental, but monk MW and WW are insanely fun , really cant decide :P

For an hour lastnight any invasion I went to had nothing ,just players hanging around,
    Seemed bugged.

It's not bugged it was just completed, while it last for 3 hours on a given server it is not always up it will be completed and then will restart again st some point that I don't know.

I use group finder for it.

TheDoc wrote: »
    When you say gear from invasions is easy to come by, where is this happening?

I did an invasion last night and had to just fly in the air above, as the amount of horde and PVP was simply infuriating. There was about 10 alliance and 200 horde.

The gear drops from the crates at the end, so sitting in the air is the easy way of doing it.

The eu and us realms are alliance dominated you should play horde it's always like that.

Don't be that guy :P

Get actively involved in the killing and don't worry about dying. The repair costs are easily covered by the gear you'll end up selling. There was a bit of pvp when I was doing them but nothing too annoying. That said, as horde I need to do the Westfall and Dun Morogh next for the achievement. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Few thoughts on the patch :

Demon Hunters - Seem like so much fun, really enjoying playing them. Going to give 5man mythics a bash with them this week.

Invasions- What a load of horse sh!te. The idea is really good, the execution is terrible. It's not scaled at all so no matter how many people are there the boss will always be the same health/damage. Constant death as a melee DPS on the last boss.

Twice now I've gotten to stage 4 and it auto resets as not enough people to kill boss.

If it's lack of numbers I don't know how you aren't using group finder. It's supposed to be nice and easy content which it is.

The hunt for the dread infiltrators is interesting especially when you get a group of 11 people all as dread lords with carrion swarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Ahhhh, that demon hunter start was so fun. Only been through 1 invasion so far. Need to watch the attack on the broken isles from the Horde perspective as I have no level 100 horde to quickly look at it :)

Oooo Mistweaver Monk is fun in Mythic HFC. Planning on speccing into the Fistweaving side of things, I just need time to rearrange my bars, keybinds and enchants!

Still haven't done an invasion though. :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oooo Mistweaver Monk is fun in Mythic HFC. Planning on speccing into the Fistweaving side of things, I just need time to rearrange my bars, keybinds and enchants!

Still haven't done an invasion though. :'(

Hell of a lot of fun those invasions, got my Warrior to 700 in 3 invasions.

Going to do my Shaman tonight to 700 and then try and get into some Heroics and get my moose mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Currently playing on a RP server, our guild had a run in with a former guildie playing a DH last night. Was the most awful, special snowflakeness I've ever seen. I'm anticipating it's going to be the case running into them in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Oh, also, in relation to shadow priests. I was watching Reckful play legion beta arena last night. His shadowpriest teammate was always top of both damage and healing. I was worried for nothing it seems :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Noxin wrote: »
    Don't be that guy :P

Get actively involved in the killing and don't worry about dying. The repair costs are easily covered by the gear you'll end up selling. There was a bit of pvp when I was doing them but nothing too annoying. That said, as horde I need to do the Westfall and Dun Morogh next for the achievement. Should be interesting.

It was fine last night in fairness and I got actively involved when I realised you get more nethershards.

But the first night was just a massive timewaste trying to do anything, so I just say above, read comics while the bar filled to 100% and had a good time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Those invasion are a bit of a joke on pvp servers. Its just pure mess without a padle specially for melee classes. I get just killed by alliance who try to kill bigger demon as everyone uses abilities that hit few targets. In their defence it's same thing i do. Then you get a special part of players who specifically target opposite faction instead of objective just to be a dick. Looks like best way of doing these invasions is just sit in the corner of map ask and her both chest, then feck off.

Now I will play as main a paladin. I played paladin since Bc when horde got them up until Pandaria. I did all my raids with it. I **** you not, I was ret paladin in Bc raids. Those who played a lot will know how lucky I was with guild. :D
    So we all moved to new server and I just used all 90 boost on fresh paladin I leveled up to 60. Could not be dealing with professions from 1-600...
    I will tank and dps with it, but I would love to have a healer too. Specially when I heard that they changed healing. Its less spiky if that makes any sense. Its more about managing heals in long run. Am I right?
    Don't know what healer though. I never had shaman or priest.

Yes you are correct about healing, its all about choosing the correct heal from your arsenal according to whats going on around you.
    Its very rewarding,ive played them all the last few weeks [all lvl 100 bar pala and druid,both 94] as ive always mained a healer so ill just quote myself from a few days back :)

Holy Paladin - more fun than I remember but just not for me gameplay wise.

Holy priest - does the job but I'm find it on the boring side,could be because ive played holy for too long, yes its changed but not too much.

Disc priest - very enjoyable but I have my doubts how viable it will be for mythic 5 mans.

Resto Druid - only got this guy to 94 but played enough to know yet again its not for me gameplay wise, however could be a great spec for progression.

Resto Shaman - Very enjoyable,the toolkit master,plays better than ever,i really like the changes in gameplay that can be brought about by the talents.

Mistweaver Monk - wow what a crap load of fun, it all feels so fluid, tonnes of mechanics going on, a lot to wrap your head around but when you do, amazing fun to be had, cant stop playing it.

Also tempted to go melee class as main as its better than ever, I thought the fury warrior felt good until I played my DK, wow both Unholy and Frost are great fun,Blood is nice too but personally I'm not mad about tanking.
    Honourable mention to the Monk melee dps windwalker spec, really great fun to play, part of the reason why I'm leaning towards a monk as a main, mistwalker healing and windwalker melee dps :)

Quite enjoying my Mage too, Frost and Arcane in particular.

Finding the DH very boring altogether.

Any know of a decent Horde guild on Aggramar or connected servers recruiting?

Yes you are correct about healing, its all about choosing the correct heal from your arsenal according to whats going on around you.
    Its very rewarding,ive played them all the last few weeks [all lvl 100 bar pala and druid,both 94] as ive always mained a healer so ill just quote myself from a few days back :)

Holy Paladin - more fun than I remember but just not for me gameplay wise.

Holy priest - does the job but I'm find it on the boring side,could be because ive played holy for too long, yes its changed but not too much.

Disc priest - very enjoyable but I have my doubts how viable it will be for mythic 5 mans.

Resto Druid - only got this guy to 94 but played enough to know yet again its not for me gameplay wise, however could be a great spec for progression.

Resto Shaman - Very enjoyable,the toolkit master,plays better than ever,i really like the changes in gameplay that can be brought about by the talents.

Mistweaver Monk - wow what a crap load of fun, it all feels so fluid, tonnes of mechanics going on, a lot to wrap your head around but when you do, amazing fun to be had, cant stop playing it.

Also tempted to go melee class as main as its better than ever, I thought the fury warrior felt good until I played my DK, wow both Unholy and Frost are great fun,Blood is nice too but personally I'm not mad about tanking.
    Honourable mention to the Monk melee dps windwalker spec, really great fun to play, part of the reason why I'm leaning towards a monk as a main, mistwalker healing and windwalker melee dps :)

Quite enjoying my Mage too, Frost and Arcane in particular.

Finding the DH very boring altogether.

Any know of a decent Horde guild on Aggramar or connected servers recruiting?

I played a bit of healing druid while leveling, no high level experience though. I loved druids hots a lot. I hated paladin healing when I was forced to do it. No hots, had to pretty much spam heals as by the time spike of damage lands it's too late to wait for casting time.
    One thing I did not really liked about druids is the tree form. I just did not liked to be in it visually. I am weird...
    I still got 100 boost left. Was planing on using it on warlock. I played it up until level 76 when I got back to wow a month ago. It was fun. Though now I might start leveling shaman to 60 and priest to 60 and see what I enjoy more. Then use boost.
    Maybe monks are fun, but I just hate monk classes in any game. They always look like hobos from down the street and I hate whole kung fu stuff. :)

If you like hots you might like the monk,plays like a druid,shammy and holy priest rolled into one but a lot more interesting than any to play.
    This vid might help you decide.

If you like hots you might like the monk,plays like a druid,shammy and holy priest rolled into one but a lot more interesting than any to play.
    This vid might help you decide.

Thanks a lot for video. Looks like healing changed way more then I expected and to a very positive side. Healers essentially kind of hybrids now of dps and healing? Looks like some crack. When I got time off work I will start leveling a healer. Still can't decide which one though. Healing is not changed up to legion expansion though? It's still same crap up to 100?

Another question: when I played it was about having a separate set for each spec. Intellect vs strength etc. It's a bit weird now. If I will go shame amd want enhancement spec and resto, I will need to have agil/Str gear and int? Or one gear works for everything now?

The_Mac wrote: »
    Currently playing on a RP server, our guild had a run in with a former guildie playing a DH last night. Was the most awful, special snowflakeness I've ever seen. I'm anticipating it's going to be the case running into them in the future.

Dfb or AD ? We were killing 120 man groups looking for dread infiltrators the other night using the dreadlord invasion thing. Carrion swarm is insane.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Another question: when I played it was about having a separate set for each spec. Intellect vs strength etc. It's a bit weird now. If I will go shame amd want enhancement spec and resto, I will need to have agil/Str gear and int? Or one gear works for everything now?

Most gear has different stats, depending on which spec you are currently (i.e. +int for Holy Paladin, +str for ret).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Useful EXP from the invasions btw. I afked 3 and went from 98 to 99. Of course afking is a bit rude but hey.... sue me.

Advertisement