Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

One thing about the invasions is its great to see parts of the old world alive again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dcully wrote: »
    Meanwhile, dev blue post

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We agree that our initial change made Invasions too unrewarding for characters who weren’t at max level, so we’ve just applied a hotfix that increases XP gains from killing Legion invaders. Since Invasions are only around for a short period of time, we want them to feel lucrative, and provide incentives to actively participate in them.

You should be seeing a lot more progress on your XP bar for helping your fellow Azerothians fight the Legion now.

I wonder how good. I got a bunch of lowbies that I guess I could take in and watch them getting raped just to see how much they get.
    Dcully wrote: »
    One thing about the invasions is its great to see parts of the old world alive again.

I think a major part of Legion in general is to bring the old world back to life somewhat. Afaik, a whole bunch of quests send you back out there instead of just the new zones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I am having so much fun just dotting everything in sight at these invasions. It's horrible for Melee though, tag the boss and stay back is the most rewarding tactic, not great team playing but that's down to poor design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Noxin wrote: »
    I wonder how good. I got a bunch of lowbies that I guess I could take in and watch them getting raped just to see how much they get.

I think a major part of Legion in general is to bring the old world back to life somewhat. Afaik, a whole bunch of quests send you back out there instead of just the new zones.

The mobs are level adjusted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The mobs are level adjusted.

The players using AOE and Cleave aren't though :P

• Advertisement

Noticed yesterday that the invasion drops have started giving me warforged versions of the gear. iLVL710. This a new thing?
    Also anyone know a quick place to grab an offhander for my mage? Poor girl was given a sword instead of a staff so she's missing a decent bit o damage without an OH.
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    Thing is, I'm invested in FFXIV at the moment, so I have to ask the other 'mostly retired' folks -- is it worth it?

Truth of it is, I dunno yet. I only played very little of the legion beta. It was enough to get me to buy it but at the end of the day, they could cock it up like they did with WoD.
    I personally don't think they will unless they are trying to kill off the game completely but really, who knows?

Legion hits in 2 weeks. If you want a week of play time before that, send in a support ticket and they'll give you one. You can enjoy the invasions. They're pretty ok. Can only run so many in a row before you get bored but they are a handy enough way to gear up your character for the Legion launch, and more importantly - a way to test out what class / spec you currently enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Noticed yesterday that the invasion drops have started giving me warforged versions of the gear. iLVL710. This a new thing?
    Also anyone know a quick place to grab an offhander for my mage? Poor girl was given a sword instead of a staff so she's missing a decent bit o damage without an OH.

Truth of it is, I dunno yet. I only played very little of the legion beta. It was enough to get me to buy it but at the end of the day, they could cock it up like they did with WoD.
    I personally don't think they will unless they are trying to kill off the game completely but really, who knows?

Legion hits in 2 weeks. If you want a week of play time before that, send in a support ticket and they'll give you one. You can enjoy the invasions. They're pretty ok. Can only run so many in a row before you get bored but they are a handy enough way to gear up your character for the Legion launch, and more importantly - a way to test out what class / spec you currently enjoy.

There's a ilvl 650 OH book in Tannan that could upgrade to 685 if you're lucky.

Its to the left of the Fel Forge where an elemental is torturing a Drenai.

Also, the Warforged is a nice bonus to have!

Also, also. Karazhan is coming back as a long 5 man dungeon:

Vicxas wrote: »
    There's a ilvl 650 OH book in Tannan that could upgrade to 685 if you're lucky.

Its to the left of the Fel Forge where an elemental is torturing a Drenai.

Also, the Warforged is a nice bonus to have!

Also, also. Karazhan is coming back as a long 5 man dungeon:

Nice. Can grab that later. Cheers.

Yea seen the Kara dungeon being added. Interesting. Quite a few bosses in there so I wonder how long it'll take to complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Was also wondering about an off-hand, thank you :D Another option is to run Mythic Shadowmoon Burial Grounds. Sardonna drops an offhand ilvl685.

Super excited for Karazhan 2.0 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

So, as a retired WoW'er (who has a nasty habit of at least checking out the latest expansions), I'm tempted to get back to it, however temporarily. When I left in WoD, my Prot Warrior became my new main (had been SP for donkeys years). I'm aware classes are likely considerably different now than they were before, which may or may not infuriate me (I certainly don't look forward to all the UI and addon problems I'll run into, either).

Thing is, I'm invested in FFXIV at the moment, so I have to ask the other 'mostly retired' folks -- is it worth it?

I don't need to be actively playing to tell you that certain WoD and Legion cinematics have... Ruffled some of my feathers (and produced a few genuine, albeit slightly salty, man-tears).

Log into your account on battle.net, contact support and ask for 7 days to come back to see the pre-patch as you're considering buying Legion.

They'll happily oblige, you get to play for a week, and can decide yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Nice. Can grab that later. Cheers.

Yea seen the Kara dungeon being added. Interesting. Quite a few bosses in there so I wonder how long it'll take to complete.

Hopefully it won't be trivial. Those long epic BRD runs back in Vanilla were great, maybe they're trying to get back to more of that with the 5-man Karazhan. The 5-man dungeons in the most recent expansions have been ten-minute runs for the most part, and severely lacking in fun.

If anyone wants to level faster with invasions, go to the docks and get the buff from the Legion into quest. You should be able to 1-shot almost any mob and will get huge amounts of XP. Apparently it works for anyone, not just people with the quest.

Gonna try it this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I got my shammy to 60. Did not used boost yet as I am not decided on professions yet. I got engineering amd mining and after looking at some videos it looks like fun professions. I never ever had engineering lol.

As for invasions now. Looks like if you just ask, then it's crap XP, but real bread and butter is now stage 3. Fond a good spot and kill mobs. 2-4k a pop at my level 40-60 and 10k per solo elite. I actually managed to get more XP in stage 3 then all bonuses put together.

Will reserve judgement - but I have a feeling it'll end up the same way it did for me in WoD. Do the main story, get to max level, AFK in a Garrison inbetween dungeon finder on my tank. If that happens, no worries, can go back to FFXIV.

Well the good thing they're saying about legion is that the Garrison - "Class Order Halls" are a much smaller part then WoD. You'll be sent out into the open world a awful lot more.
    They're trying to avoid that situation of sitting in your garrison waiting on LFG - so they said at least and I'm really hoping they do.
    You're right in that there's not much to do atm. I've now geared my Shaman, Pala, DK and Mage as much as possible with invasions (Still don't understand why they never put shields or offhands in these things).
    Gearing my DH atm but I think I'm just gonna use him as a profession filler. There's nothing wrong with the class. But I already have 2xmelee and 2xtanks maxed out. I don't need another one. Started the WoD quest line on him yesterday and just gonna unlock the Garrison level 2 and put my a jewelcrafting & engineering booth down and throw as many points into both professions as I can over the next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Help me out here. Whilst the invasion is on is Stormwind closed for boats to Kalimdor etc? On my now lvl 73 char I fly to the docks, can see the ships coming and going but then I phase into the legion dock, the one with all the 100s running about and there are no ships coming and going. I have to go to Menethil harbor to make it across which is annoying.

EDIT: ignore..... port to shrine... simples....

The invasions are kind of making me think i'll pick my Mage as my main. Portals are just so bloody handy, especially for old world content. Druids will have a similar feature too, which is nice.

Kiith wrote: »
    The invasions are kind of making me think i'll pick my Mage as my main. Portals are just so bloody handy, especially for old world content. Druids will have a similar feature too, which is nice.

Hopped on my Mage to do the invasions, was like going back to an old Girlfriend.

Now i'm torn.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Hopped on my Mage to do the invasions, was like going back to an old Girlfriend.

Now i'm torn.

Bloody hell I know how you feel. I used my boost on one. When I first started it as frost I was like... meh..
    Then I swapped out to fire and geared up a bit and I'm like.... all hail the mighty pyromaniac. That is some good clean fiery fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Must be mentioned here already, but still:
    Chest from invasions roll gear on your current level, not when you got chest.
    I boosted my shaman to 100 amd had full bank of chest stashed. Opened up after dinging 100 and now I instantly got almost full level 100 gear.

Got my Moose on Friday evening, such relief.

• Advertisement

Currently levelling my mage. It's weird having so much choice of alts now. Priest, Demon Hunter, Paladin, Mage... and I could just sink more time into levelling my 90 Rogue. Invasion levelling is frustrating though. Dying is such a huge punishment due to not receiving xp while dead.
    Also, Fire Mage is fun, but it has a pretty slow setup, such a huge burst of damage when those crits start hitting though :O Can't wait to get it to 100 to see if I get some extra tools :)

Apparently the new best way to get serious XP from the invasions is to run around tagging every enemy in sight (especially the rares and elites), avoid dying at all costs, and log out after phase 2 finishes. That resets the event to phase 1 when you log back in, and you can rinse and repeat.

People have been getting to lvl100 in 15 hours that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mistweaver Monk is so much fun to play. Have managed to kill Gorefiend, Scorethar and Fel Lord on Mythic in the last two weeks. Sadly, pre-nerf and overgearing, but still. I can't wait to raid with it again in Legion on progress fights.

Levelling a HPala too. Enjoy it as well. Lots of single target heals to get used to. Looking forward to some Ret antics as well. I read a lot about Ret being shíte, but I read the same about Disc and I'm loving that.

Apparently the new best way to get serious XP from the invasions is to run around tagging every enemy in sight (especially the rares and elites), avoid dying at all costs, and log out after phase 2 finishes. That resets the event to phase 1 when you log back in, and you can rinse and repeat.

People have been getting to lvl100 in 15 hours that way.

I find the most exp comes from killing the bosses during phase 3. Phase 1 is pretty crap until the elites. Phase two is decent. Maybe you can log out halfway through phase 3?

Yeah, you can log out anytime before the end of phase 4 and it will reset. I've read that people are doing it after phase 2, as you have to travel to get to the enemies in zone 3, and pre-flying that can take ages. After 60 (maybe 70 for fast flying), it is probably a good idea.

I'll give it a go tonight! Only 6 more levels :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Log out after phase two log back in rinse and repeat for best xp, ignore phase 3 even if you have flying mount.

Hopefully they won't change it later today, as i plan to spend the evening running around dotting absolutely everything in sight with my lvl30 shadow priest. Should be able to get up a nice few levels, and may even use an XP pot to speed things up.

Would like a Shaman to lvl100 before launch as well, but we'll have to see.

Would it go quicker in a group? If XP isn't split between people since the last hot fix, wouldn't you also get XP for any enemy that group members tag?

Yeah, apparently if you do it in groups of 5, you will get more XP because you can tag more mobs. Anyone up for some farming later tonight? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Does anyone know where I could get the physical CE for Legion on pre-order that would arrive on the release day?

I know Gamestop may be doing click and collect but there is no option to pre-order on the site yet. Checking Amazon, too.

• Advertisement

Well, it defintiely works anyway. Got my Priest from 34 to 51 in about 2 hours.

Trying to do the invasions anywhere outside of Westfall or Dun Morogh is a bloody nightmare on a PvP server. Spent the last 10 minutes trying to do one in Hillsbrad, only to have the same lvl100 rogue ganking every low level person he could find. Total waste of time.

Advertisement