Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Kiith wrote: »
    Well, it defintiely works anyway. Got my Priest from 34 to 51 in about 2 hours.

Trying to do the invasions anywhere outside of Westfall or Dun Morogh is a bloody nightmare on a PvP server. Spent the last 10 minutes trying to do one in Hillsbrad, only to have the same lvl100 rogue ganking every low level person he could find. Total waste of time.

Death Knight is the ****ing worst for this. Those stupid diseases spread like the plague, and if they tag one lowbie in the graveyard, then everyone who respawns is insta-****ed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, that's happened a few times as well. I've just stopped running them anywhere bar Westfall or Dun Morogh.

I did get a Priest from 34-52, Shaman from 1-20 and a Druid from 91-95 though, so it's pretty effective. Will give it another go tonight, and I think i'll focus on the Shaman. The spell animations are fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yeah, that's happened a few times as well. I've just stopped running them anywhere bar Westfall or Dun Morogh.

I did get a Priest from 34-52, Shaman from 1-20 and a Druid from 91-95 though, so it's pretty effective. Will give it another go tonight, and I think i'll focus on the Shaman. The spell animations are fantastic.

I think Ele Shammy's have some of the best spell animations in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Well, it defintiely works anyway. Got my Priest from 34 to 51 in about 2 hours.

Trying to do the invasions anywhere outside of Westfall or Dun Morogh is a bloody nightmare on a PvP server. Spent the last 10 minutes trying to do one in Hillsbrad, only to have the same lvl100 rogue ganking every low level person he could find. Total waste of time.

But it's so much fun :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just play on pve servers, cuts out all the pvp BS.
    Its a pve game at its core pvp was always rubbish in the game anyways, apart from player made fun at tarren mill/southshore.
    For anyone into pvp moreso than pve there are plenty of superior pvp based mmos :)

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think Ele Shammy's have some of the best spell animations in the game.

Agreed but apparently they fall behind other ranged specs and have done all the way through the development stage, its as if blizz don't want it to match other ranged specs :(

Was tempted to main a shaman to cover healing,melee and ranged dps but I'm not sure yet.

Resto is very effective but it really is boring compared to mistweaver healing, if I was to main a healer mistweaver would be the one purely from a gameplay and fun perspective

Elemental is a lot of fun seems blizz done want it to rival mage,warlock,hunter specs etc.

Enhancement is a lot of fun up there with the dk as close to the most enjoyable melee in the game.

Tempted to roll monk for healing main but done the healing main thing for 9+ years.

Mage is also tempting,frost is a lot of fun, fire is ok but topping dps charts,arcane too is enjoyable.

Think i have it down to those three and a dk alt :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »
    Agreed but apparently they fall behind other ranged specs and have done all the way through the development stage, its as if blizz don't want it to match other ranged specs :(

Was tempted to main a shaman to cover healing,melee and ranged dps but I'm not sure yet.

Resto is very effective but it really is boring compared to mistweaver healing, if I was to main a healer mistweaver would be the one purely from a gameplay and fun perspective

Elemental is a lot of fun seems blizz done want it to rival mage,warlock,hunter specs etc.

Enhancement is a lot of fun up there with the dk as close to the most enjoyable melee in the game.

Tempted to roll monk for healing main but done the healing main thing for 9+ years.

Mage is also tempting,frost is a lot of fun, fire is ok but topping dps charts,arcane too is enjoyable.

Think i have it down to those three and a dk alt :P

I like shaman healing, but then again I don't have much experience as healer.
    Enhancement shaman for me is a bit meh. Its just feels like I randomly spam abilities. I even checked online rotations and I wasn't far away from doing it right. :pac:
    Elemental shammy is kind of nice. Love sound effects of it.
    I think I will still main my paladin for legion. My biggest issue with shaman ( and I know how stupid it sounds) that gear looks ****. I way prefer the looks of heavy plate on paladins. I am working on my judgement transmog set now. Stoll Need damn chest and skirt!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Vayda wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could get the physical CE for Legion on pre-order that would arrive on the release day?

I know Gamestop may be doing click and collect but there is no option to pre-order on the site yet. Checking Amazon, too.

yeah Gamestop don't appear to be doing the CE edition, the option is ghosted on the website and I went into a Gamestop store today and the guy there said I couldn't order it and could only offer the standard physical edition so I think Amazon it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Wow so decided to test out the xp gain on invasions and ruddy hell. Yea its a bit nuts.
    Went from 10 to 52 on my lock in about 3 hours just in the barrens. Beyond nuts. Granted not every class would be able to do it like that is I literally just ran around dotting all the things. But that is some serious leveling right there. And strangely enough, I was actually enjoying the endless grind. If you're in a zone with some close by big boys at the start of phase 3 it's worth hanging about for a bit. The quick 30k+ per kill is easy xp.
    I've little else to do before legion bar raise both jewl and engi from around 630 to 700 so I might actually grind this dude out.

It's crazy how fast you level. I do an hour or two every night, and hope to have my Shaman, Priest, Druid and maybe one more class at max before next week. Maybe a Monk, as you've all been gushing over how amazing it is :P

I do find it a bit boring at this stage though, as i've run way too many of them already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I got onto GameStop, the CE pre-orders are completely sold out and they are getting no more back in.

I do find it a bit boring at this stage though, as i've run way too many of them already.

Yea the burn out gets real after a short time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Yup, invasion burn-out is real. The levelling is pretty insane though. 94-100 last night in 2hrs 30mins by doing the two phase trick outside of Orgrimmar on horde. Didn't even have to relog as flying into the city resets faster. Hop in one of the demolishers to remove the chance of dying due to low level gear. Now have a level 100 Mage to mess with along with my Priest, DH and Paladin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I've taken a small break from the Legion invasions as the burnout is real.

Roll on Tuesday :D

I always assumed the legendary ring quest would be normal or heroic mode only raids.
    Ran a few LFR raids yesterday for the craic (not raided since Lich King) and turns out I was able to complete the missions I had. Upgraded to the 690 ring in around 2 hours.
    Bummed out I didn't know this beforehand as I doubt I'd be able piece together the tablets and complete the followup quests before Legion.. Would have been nice to have the ring.

Ahh well.

On a side note, enhance shaman in raids is hulla fun. Very flashy and cool looking.

Noxin wrote: »
    I always assumed the legendary ring quest would be normal or heroic mode only raids.
    Ran a few LFR raids yesterday for the craic (not raided since Lich King) and turns out I was able to complete the missions I had. Upgraded to the 690 ring in around 2 hours.
    Bummed out I didn't know this beforehand as I doubt I'd be able piece together the tablets and complete the followup quests before Legion.. Would have been nice to have the ring.

Ahh well.

On a side note, enhance shaman in raids is hulla fun. Very flashy and cool looking.

Played every class the last few weeks, put in a lot of time got 9 toons to lvl 100 in total now and every class to 90 to give myself the best choice of a legion main.

Enhancement shaman seems to be in pole position for me right now, its a lot of fun to play, the most enjoyable melee spec imo, and wow what a light show as a bonus.
    I can offspec elemental which is decent fun and resto which wouldn't be my first choice healer in terms of fun, that has to go to the mistweaver monk, so ill probably go mistweaver as an alt for my healing fix.

Mage too is pushing for a starting spot but I only really enjoy frost and arcane, fire despite being popular on many polls pre patch just doesn't do it for me, feels boring to play constantly fishing for procs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I must be the only bastard who does not like enchantment shamans lol. I got pala and shaman to 100 now and I prefer ret pala more. At least it has some system behind it, where shaman just feels like spaming all you got. And yes, I did check rotations online.
    I think I'll still main my paladin as tank and retri. Shaman as healer and elemental if needed.
    We all moved to new server so I don't have access to old characters. We were alliance for last two expansions too. I got on bulderfist mage level 89. I might transfer it to new server and level it up.
    I am working up until Tuesday, so no wow until then. :(

I must be the only bastard who does not like enchantment shamans lol. I got pala and shaman to 100 now and I prefer ret pala more. At least it has some system behind it, where shaman just feels like spaming all you got. And yes, I did check rotations online.
    I think I'll still main my paladin as tank and retri. Shaman as healer and elemental if needed.
    We all moved to new server so I don't have access to old characters. We were alliance for last two expansions too. I got on bulderfist mage level 89. I might transfer it to new server and level it up.
    I am working up until Tuesday, so no wow until then. :(

I felt that before as well. Once you get the rotation down while keeping buffs up it feels much better. Otherwise yes, it felt like mashing palm on keyboard.
    That said I love my Pala too. I've not been ret or holy but I do love him for tanking. He'll most likely be my 2nd character.

I'll level my Paladin at some stage, but it won't be my main. The Artifact's are great though, and i really like the 2H for Holy (after initially hating it). Also, Ashbringer.

I'd originally planned to level one character through the zones, and one via dungeons, but dungeon leveling is gone now apparently.

Also felt the same about enhancement shaman until I studied the spec in closer detail and understood why you are using certain attacks.

These videos helped a lot to get the spec down.

• Advertisement

Some amount of douchebags in the game now, never remember it as bad.

Dcully wrote: »
    Some amount of douchebags in the game now, never remember it as bad.

There's a story behind this comment. I can feel it :pac:

There's a story behind this comment. I can feel it :pac:

Ive forgotten about it already :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

It has probably been asked before but I have no energy to check ha - when it says released the 30th, is that for the EU too or are we a day later? I want to ask for the day off work :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

It has probably been asked before but I have no energy to check ha - when it says released the 30th, is that for the EU too or are we a day later? I want to ask for the day off work :P

It goes live at midnight on tuesday, the starting quest usually just pops up automatically

shockwave wrote: »
    It goes live at midnight on tuesday, the starting quest usually just pops up automatically

I heard somewhere it's actually 11pm for UK / IRE. Don't quote me on that but we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Cue the incessant lag, rage quits and server outages. Gotta love new expansion day! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I heard somewhere it's actually 11pm for UK / IRE. Don't quote me on that but we'll see.

heard the same, and read it on reddit - nothing official i know but then there is nothing official about the times, i wonder if blizzard are as disinterested in that as they have been in fixing bugs with the pre-expansion patch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

shockwave wrote: »

Yeah but is that midnight Tuesday as in Monday into Tuesday, or Tuesday into Wednesday? Thanks for the reply btw :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

You might be right as the servers are all on CET so midnight would be 11pm for us, and its midnight on tuesday going into wednesday btw or maybe its monday going into tuesday im not sure tbh

Advertisement