Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Cue the incessant lag, rage quits and server outages. Gotta love new expansion day! :D

Wasn't WoD pretty good for launch? Mostly because it was all phased?
    If they launch the same way it might be ok. MIGHT :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yeah but is that midnight Tuesday as in Monday into Tuesday, or Tuesday into Wednesday? Thanks for the reply btw :)

tomorrow night apparently

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's 11pm tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Noxin wrote: »
    Wasn't WoD pretty good for launch? Mostly because it was all phased?
    If they launch the same way it might be ok. MIGHT :pac:

It was freaking awful on my server (Shadowsong). Starter area was okay but the garrison was inaccessible for a few days after launch. Couldnt zone in there at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm going to miss the first two weeks unfortunately, so everything will be sorted (and everyone will be 110) before i even get to play :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm going to miss the first two weeks unfortunately, so everything will be sorted (and everyone will be 110) before i even get to play :(

Are you Horde? I should be 110 asap on my Monk and I'll have no problems healing a few dungeons with you to catch you up. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I finished work yesterday and now off for 10 days! Misses off too, but we already had argument about me playing some wow during holidays. :D
    Roll on Tuesday night! Will need sort out food and drinks during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Kiith wrote: »

Hi

If your Horde , I can tank a few along with MagicIRL healing to get you instant queues and get you geared up.

I finished work yesterday and now off for 10 days! Misses off too, but we already had argument about me playing some wow during holidays. :D

I think its out tonight at 11.01 .

Redfox25 wrote: »
    I think its out tonight at 11.01 .

Yes, the game "officially" launches August 30th, at 00:01am CET, which is 11:01pm August 29th (today) for us.

Also, WoD launched 1.5hrs earlier than expected, and Pandaria did the same, so realistically Legion should be playable around 10pm tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Yes, the game "officially" launches August 30th, at 00:01am CET, which is 11:01pm August 29th (today) for us.

Also, WoD launched 1.5hrs earlier than expected, and Pandaria did the same, so realistically Legion should be playable around 10pm tonight.

Wont get to play it till tomorrow, also have to try and finish Deus Ex off too.... oh the struggles i have....

I'll be live streaming my place in the Tarren Mill server queue anyway, so you can tune in and feel like you're right there!

I did Argent Dawns one last expansion so ill give it a pass ;)

It might also get blocked by a DoS attack but lets hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

Haha do what me and himself do - both play! no more arguments then about playing time :P honestly you never know, once she tries it out she might like it. I did :D

Haha do what me and himself do - both play! no more arguments then about playing time :P honestly you never know, once she tries it out she might like it. I did :D

Have been trying to get my wife hooked for a while.

Not happening. I am lucky to get my own time to play with work and all. She is just inpatient and as soon as its at least a little struggle in game, she gives ups and gets bored... Trust me, I tried. :(

So wait, its not tomorrow night its out? Its tonight?!?!?! Did I messed up whole time thing. Damn lol. I will need to get all supplies today so! :D

I reckon my missus would be the same, would get bored and then just annoy me.

Better off having it as my passtime.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    I reckon my missus would be the same, would get bored and then just annoy me.

Better off having it as my passtime.

Ditto, she just doesnt understand the game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

ah well, ye are screwed so haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

jaysis, 40 minute queue to get onto draenor tonight already :/

yep, 28 mins out now .
    Only took 5 mins to get this "close"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

wow what a stable launch. No lag, No disconnects, no crashes. Very impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

That launch was quite beautiful. No restarts or anything. It's quite entertaining so far.

Work is gonna draaaaaaagggggggg today. Tempted to take a half day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

102 already \o/

38 mins to log in last night, did half a level of my dh and went to bed. Really wish I had booked some time off to play
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

My internet decided yesterday evening was a great time to completely **** the bed again. It happened around 2 months ago but has been pretty stable since. Bit disappointed I couldn't participate in launch but I'll just stick a few hours in tonight :)

Overall impression from people seems to be quite positive, which is good.

• Advertisement

I played last night. Was ready for all nighter, but gave up at 2:30. Still got **** from misses as i was too loud downstairs and woke her up. :pac:
    Got 101 and half level in. Leveling in Highlands. Got a bit annoyed after I got my blacksmithing quests and both in different zone..
    All in all I am loving it so far. Was funny doing artifact quest and see 5billion paladins in western plaguelands lol. I was shocked to see no one trolling and making it full blown war between factions.
    Some quests are really fun. I don't want to spoil it, but there is one quest, that is variation of quest giver quest that we have in western plaguelands for horde. Its actually way more fun and bigger.
    Servers were stable all time we played. Not a single dc or lag spikes. We were messing around that we will send a strongly worded complaint to blizzard as it is ruining our wow expansion immersion experience. We expected our usual 30dcs, full blown 1000ms. :D

Only one gripe I got so far: artifact weapons. Its all cool and awesome to have ashbringer. One sword I always drooled over, but now when everyone has it and everyone will have to the end of expansion with only 5 variations of skins it just feels dull. Weapon transmogs are redundant too. Weapons were best part of transmogs and the looks of your character.

Advertisement