Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I was shocked to see no one trolling and making it full blown war between factions.

Oh how I have tried, people were more interested in questing than PVPing. The part where people fall down into Dalaran crater, yea that's quite funny to watch... watch and dot :P

Looking forward to playing some later. It didn't take long to get my artifact weapon on my lock, it's a massive improvement. Now just to figure out what character to level next.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You should log in on all your characters by the way, as rested XP won't kick in unless you log in once after Legion launches.

That's about all i can do on this laptop till next week :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Played some of my Warrior last night, and have to say i'm loving it, got a bit scared when I was walking around Dalaran and no-one came to fetch me. Longest 30 seconds of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I also had that mini-heartattack. Was just there like, ok... now what? Quests? Where are you? :D

Have to say I'm enjoying this immensely. I've started in Val'sharah and the quests have been very interesting so far. Some slight repetition but nothing an MMO veteran hasn't seen before :)

Went to Highmountain myself, killed me some things then i had to log off.

Now i want to chase the Dragon.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not sure whats the best way to proceed while levelling, reading conflicting guides.
    As we need friendly rep with each zone faction to enable the world quest feature, do we just get to friendly then onto the next zone and so on until I hit max level then come back to finish off zones or do we complete zones before moving on to the next one as we level?

Also should I be killing rare mobs is i level up or wait until 110 for max ilvl potential?

Enjoying it all so far, really enjoying enhancement shaman, godlike AOE :)
    Reckon ill level my mage then DK next.

Dcully wrote: »
    Not sure whats the best way to proceed while levelling, reading conflicting guides.
    As we need friendly rep with each zone faction to enable the world quest feature, do we just get to friendly then onto the next zone and so on until I hit max level then come back to finish off zones or do we complete zones before moving on to the next one as we level?

Also should I be killing rare mobs is i level up or wait until 110 for max ilvl potential?

Enjoying it all so far, really enjoying enhancement shaman, godlike AOE :)
    Reckon ill level my mage then DK next.

If you just do the bare minimum it looks like you'll finish the quests at around 108. So id suggest you do all the side quests and area missions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Currently level 107.

Really enjoyable experience. Being able to choose the zone you want to level in is really nice. You're still kinda shoe-horned in to zones for profession quests, but you could go against that easy enough.

The zones themselves are very beautiful, and the music and ambience is brilliant. Time flies by when you're questing away. Nice to see the random bonus objectives are still around too.

The artifact quest system is pretty sweet, too. Not really as much fun if you're a new player, as most quests take you back to previous areas because the Legion has attacked it in some way, so new players will be a bit lost with whats happening.

Can't wait to level a Shadow Priest at a slower pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

tempted to get back in even if its just to reach cap, i get fed up with dealing with nob heads in dungeons, I hear hunter has a melee tree now is that true ? any good ?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    tempted to get back in even if its just to reach cap, i get fed up with dealing with nob heads in dungeons, I hear hunter has a melee tree now is that true ? any good ?

Yep. Survival hunters are a melee class now.

Nearly 102 now. Really enjoying it so far

• Advertisement

i just signed up and bumped my old hunter to 100 dammm i love this melee style !! the animations and everything for it are fantastic :D i always wanted this in vanila tehehe bye bye outdoors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Some of the quests are awesome, they are really enjoyable. I am so much more entertained than the last patches (Pandapatch was cringe for me).

My OH was watching what I was doing with in the game, she doesn't fully understand it and isn't too interested, but I was on a quest to get a box from behind a giant, but I kept getting too close. The giant picked me up and flung me, she got a great laugh out of it along with a "wtf?".

The harry potter wand quest was a pain in the ass, but I really like the Q after it where you have to walk on the designs. I'm only level 102 and in my first zone, Azaraa or something. It's going to take me a long time to level my 3 favorite characters :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Without spoiling anything, I've been in Val'sharah and done the Khadgar quest with the mysterious object. This expansion is very very dark. I agree with RopeDrink, stuff is actually happening :O

Really enjoying it so far, taking my time and levelling at my leisure.
    Time flies by as nothing feels like a grind or a chore.
    As has been mentioned the melee combat is vastly improved, first time I'm maining a melee spec such is the enjoyment of it.

Dcully wrote: »
    Really enjoying it so far, taking my time and levelling at my leisure.
    Time flies by as nothing feels like a grind or a chore.
    As has been mentioned the melee combat is vastly improved, first time I'm maining a melee spec such is the enjoyment of it.

Same, i'm in Highmountain and loving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I am really enjoying Legion so far. I was really surprised that launch was as smooth as it was. I remember when WoD launched it was horrendous on Shadowsong. My main since MoP has been a combat/outlaw rogue but I decided for Legion to roll a protection warrior. It's super fun! The class hall is deadly! So far I have done Val'sharah and Stormheim on my warrior and Azshara on my rogue. I think all the zones so far have been great. The quests are fun and engaging and there are a lot of very likeable characters. It's nice to see the story progress. WoD for me just felt like filler. Nothing really happened in the overall lore. Was quite disappointing. Legion is a massive improvement. I can't remember the last time I was this excited to log on. :D

I did the first few quests on my Paladin, but i'm playing on a crappy laptop so i think i'll just wait till i'm home to properly enjoy it. Seems like the initial reports are very good though.

One thing I'm loving is that (aside from Skinning being restricted to one mob, one skin) everything is groupable. There is no reason to play alone. All nodes are unique to each player, each player can loot quest items from mobs, you can tag everything without ruining it for others.

The game is so much better when played as a group.

I just wish they would bring back 'Elite' areas and group (2/3/4/5) quests.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    One thing I'm loving is that (aside from Skinning being restricted to one mob, one skin) everything is groupable. There is no reason to play alone. All nodes are unique to each player, each player can loot quest items from mobs, you can tag everything without ruining it for others.

The game is so much better when played as a group.

I just wish they would bring back 'Elite' areas and group (2/3/4/5) quests.

All well and good for groups, but that would drive people away from the game who like the solo experience.

Vicxas wrote: »
    All well and good for groups, but that would drive people away from the game who like the solo experience.

I've never understood the need to play solo in a Massively Multiplayer game genre.

Seems that the standard RPG is tailor made for those desires.

• Advertisement

Invite people I meet out in the world regularly 90% of the time invite declined.

That's the point, you no longer need to be in a group. Simply attacking the same mob will yield full xp and loot to you both, regardless of faction/grouping.

It's wonderful.

Enjoying it so far, bit hard to get use to the old tab targeting to use to the action mmo type's

MagicIRL wrote: »
    That's the point, you no longer need to be in a group. Simply attacking the same mob will yield full xp and loot to you both, regardless of faction/grouping.

It's wonderful.

Unless it's the opposing faction.

little tip, since the enemies/rewards scale in legion, dont kill any rares till you max out to get a better drop of them.

Class Trials are now live. It lets you play the prologue quests with any class to try them out, before using a boost. Probably just a way of increasing boost sales, but it's handy for me to decide which class to level up next (Shaman, Priest and DK all around the 65 mark).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Lone Stone wrote: »
    little tip, since the enemies/rewards scale in legion, dont kill any rares till you max out to get a better drop of them.

Install handynotes so you can see what the rare will drop for toys / pets etc.

Handy notes is, well, handy.

Used to find the map spam annoying, but you get used to it.

Helheim looks freaking awesome

• Advertisement

Unlocked world quests, ran about 10 of them tonight and not a single loot drop, nothing but order hal resources which I don't need, feels pointless so far.

Advertisement