Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

How do you unlock the world quests ? is it a lvl cap thing ?
    Also im not entirely enjoying the whole class hall's thing, it's fairly boring on the hunter at the moment the initial relic weapon quest's were fun enough, but i enjoyed the garrison more, i finished stormhelm for my first zone now im tempted to try lvl my druid back up to 100 left him at 92, the changes to the druid forms and stuff look fairly cool. I think my problem is i have to many characters, like 4 100's and a few in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Just watched the Legion panel on PAX. Wonder how the companion app will be received.

Be handy enough as you could only spend so long on there for the few bits you need to check so it won't consume a lot of time. It's free too. Gonna give it a go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is something they probably should have had in WoD, but i'm happy to have it here. Means you can do all the order table stuff from work, and actually play the game when you get home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

830 Ilvl and cruising through most mythic dungeons.

Happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

830 Ilvl and cruising through most mythic dungeons.

Happy with that.

/invite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Nice , Im sitting at 814 ish, hit 110 on Saturday evening. World quests seem to be the easiest way to gear up to get into heroics/mythics which is great. They can be done on normal for the dungeon ones which makes it easier too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Loot RNG seems to be broken, or just tuned really poorly. Ran three dungeons in a row, not a single item drop. Ran two mythics, only 1 item drop.

Seems that most bosses drop Artifact Power. Am I to believe this is being considered in the loot table instead of actual loot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did not had much time to play and when I do play, I just take my time. Reading quests, checking zones.
    I am 107 now and completed two zones. Can't decide if I want to go to normal zone or that main sarumar zone. Kind of want to leave it for when I hit 110.
    One thing I really love so far is how each zone got dungeon and whole main quest line is a story set up for the dungeon. It makes dungoens a lot more interesting when you got context.
    I tank in dungeons and it's okay, but looks like there is not much for me to manage. Only 2 big cooldowns to blow and avoid ****.
    So far I did not see healers actually using the new healing method. They all just stand there amd heal, never dps. When I was leveling as healer on shaman I would pretty much dps and throw heals when needed. It would be very easy to spot a good tank or bad. If I had a good tank I would barely need to heal, but if I had bad tank who just tanks and spanks it would be just spam healing bananza.
    Really tempted to get last holy pala artifact amd go healing in dungeons. Kind of looked fun to have a melee hammer wielding pala kick as and throw heals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Loot RNG seems to be broken, or just tuned really poorly. Ran three dungeons in a row, not a single item drop. Ran two mythics, only 1 item drop.

Seems that most bosses drop Artifact Power. Am I to believe this is being considered in the loot table instead of actual loot?

I found this also. 3 dungeons, 1 loot drop. I'm still just levelling slowly, taking everything in, so I don't mind much :)

• Advertisement

It is a bit random alright.

Its always been this way thought, I remember raiding in cata , got absolutely nothing for 7 months raiding apart from a poxy minor waist upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got to 102 on my Warrior and decided to try my mage out. Got her to 103, haven't gone back to my warrior yet.

Fire is OP.

So far I did not see healers actually using the new healing method. They all just stand there amd heal, never dps.

Discipline Priests are the only class that heal via damage. All others are the same, bar Holy Paladins who get more healing power the closer they are to their targets.

Kiith wrote: »
    Discipline Priests are the only class that heal via damage. All others are the same, bar Holy Paladins who get more healing power the closer they are to their targets.

And viable Fistweaving is gated behind the legendary legs, sadly. Even Mana Regen. from Blackout Kick is now a talent rather than baseline.

The only thing that benefits from being close to players is Essence Font.

I believe the intention was for all healers to have the ability to do some dps in moments not needing to heal.
    How this plays out in game is very dependant on the group, the run and rng ofc. Only Disc will do damage as part of its core rotation.

I am not even talking abouthealing through damage. I am talking about healers doing dps when they can. Damage is not as spiky anymore and more about planing heals. I see healers just spam heal with no point or stand there looking cool. Clearly the whole damage and healing model changed to give healers more flexibility, challenging and more to do.

Maybe I am wrong. I need to try healing myself. Next time I have time I will get my holy artifact amd try myself.

I am not even talking abouthealing through damage. I am talking about healers doing dps when they can. Damage is not as spiky anymore and more about planing heals. I see healers just spam heal with no point or stand there looking cool. Clearly the whole damage and healing model changed to give healers more flexibility, challenging and more to do.

Maybe I am wrong. I need to try healing myself. Next time I have time I will get my holy artifact amd try myself.

But this has always been the case? Healers have always been DPSing in the raid environment. Source: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10568089/latest#bracket=-1

Has it specifically changed further?

I don't think i've ever done damage as a healer, even when i did (briefly) raid. I'd rather be ready for any sort of damage spike or mistake by someone, then be doing minimal damage. I suppose healers damage has been buffed, so it may by viable now though.

I'm very tempted by Disc though, as it sounds like fun and i won't be raiding at a high level this expansion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I don't think i've ever done damage as a healer, even when i did (briefly) raid. I'd rather be ready for any sort of damage spike or mistake by someone, then be doing minimal damage. I suppose healers damage has been buffed, so it may by viable now though.

I'm very tempted by Disc though, as it sounds like fun and i won't be raiding at a high level this expansion.

Tried DISC priest pre-expansion but after the patch. Was a nightmare. I wonder if the Artifact weapon helps.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Tried DISC priest pre-expansion but after the patch. Was a nightmare. I wonder if the Artifact weapon helps.

Too true, pre legion I played a lot of all healers to see if I wanted to main one for legion and disc was a lot of fun but a total nightmare as main healer in 5 mans.
    Have yet to see one main heal a dungeon yet in legion.
    They are not intended to be though.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Got to 102 on my Warrior and decided to try my mage out. Got her to 103, haven't gone back to my warrior yet.

Fire is OP.

Find all warrior specs to be boring, fury is ok but not a patch on enhance shaman or both dk dps specs for melee dps.

Maining an enhancement shaman and its great fun, mage will be my first alt.

Survival hunter is pretty fun for melee class having your own tank pet, only lvl 107 with him at the moment but started trying to lvl up my old main druid from 90 those new druid forms look amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Best way I found to get gear as a pally:

There's 5 of us who do Mythics

4 of us plate wearers so we just trade the gear when we can. I suggest if a cloth wearer and looking for RDPS look for cloth users for chance of swap.

Yeh cully just give shout whenever soon we'll probably be running em twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Some of these world quests are infuriating. They're supposed to be solo quests and yet you get totally destroyed in them.

Had some stupid quest in Highmountain just outside Thunder Totem. Stop three rituals. Marked as a solo quest with feck all in the way of rewards. Was the last of the four I needed to finish the bonus rep for the day with them so I'm thinking - cool. Easy one.

Run in. Ritual area is guarded by three mobs raping a fourth. Three mobs have 1.2mil each and the fouth it stunned so can't click him. Np, pull first mob. Dead. Second, dead. Third - agro's and the fourth wakes up too with 8mil health and downing me in 2 hits as an enhance shammy. Seriously what? :/

Not the first I've seen go this way. Can be very annoying :|

I'm going to switch from Ret to Prot once i get the chance, as i've heard leveling as a tank is a lot of fun.

I'm going to switch from Ret to Prot once i get the chance, as i've heard leveling as a tank is a lot of fun.

I leveled up as holy last two levels. Did a good few levels as Prot and I started as ret. All specs now are very viable for solo.
    Saying this. I finally tried out healing normal level 110 dungoens and I had a blast as holy paladin. Its weird, but a lot of fun. Looks like my plan of being main ret and Prot went to tits and I am focusing pure holy lol. Haven't healed since tbc.

All in all o just love new expansion. I haven't even hit max level on launch in last two ones. Now I am already 110 and can't wait to play again. Quests, story and instances a lot of fun. And it's not just usual formula of leveling to max level, spaming normal dungoens, then spaming heroics, then wtf do I do next...

The companion app is available now (on Android anyway).

Companion app does not work for me. I log in, but it just stays at select character screen. Nome of my characters up. Anyone else got it working?

• Advertisement

I was able to list all my characters, but i don't have any that are eligible (i've not started Legion yet).

Advertisement