Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are you guys doing the dungeon quests as soon as you get them or are you doing them once you hit 100?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Vicxas wrote: »
    Are you guys doing the dungeon quests as soon as you get them or are you doing them once you hit 100?

Do them asap if its the end part of a zone questline, gives a big amount of xp and some gear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've only done one, and that was at the end of Highmountain. I want to do them all as part of the story first.

From what i've read, leveling in dungeons isn't really viable anymore. Not sure if that's just lack of quests, or if the XP from mobs isn't great though.

Kiith wrote: »
    I've only done one, and that was at the end of Highmountain. I want to do them all as part of the story first.

From what i've read, leveling in dungeons isn't really viable anymore. Not sure if that's just lack of quests, or if the XP from mobs isn't great though.

Leveling via dungeons is gone indeed, devs expressed as an intention.

story? theres a story going on here ? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

"Dcully wrote: »
    story? theres a story going on here ? :P

I can't remember the last time I read the quest dialogue before Legion. Excellent stuff so far!

• Advertisement

Just finished the Goblin quests in Stormheim, brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

started a shammy alt, i really wish they would have applied that lvl scaling zone mechanic to everywhere half the quests go grey on you in an hour. I am not sure if i will stay subscribed tho i did every zone nearly complete just finishing up in Suramar unlocked the world quest's which i am really enjoying did a few dungeons and eh never really did pugs as dps but **** me that takes for ever to get into then it falls apart by morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I tried three different methods

- Complete quests when I got them
    - Gather the quests to do at level 109

I'm doing Highmountain last which is a bit meh, so on my DK I tanked the quests at 109 and pretty much got the full level from the quests, knocked them all out in about 2 hours and some nice gear. That was relatively soon after launch, I'd say I'd clear the dungeons quicker now grabbing in some guildies etc.

Completing the quests when I got them added a nice end to the zone and the story, but didn't feel the most optimal method.

Doing them in a a bunch at 109 felt the best for me. Remember the gear scales, so there was better drops and reward when I went in at 109 and it was a nice break from the levelling to thrash out the dungeons. While it took longer then questing (I'm getting levels done in about an hour a piece) it didn't "feel" as long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

You should do the dungeon quests as soon as you get them due to the ilvl 800 quest reward you pick up from them.
    Very nice at early leveling stages. If you're DPS though you should probably start queuing for the dungeon when you start the zone :P

Is it as easy as was originally said to get Artifact power at 110? I've been hoarding all my artifact power items with my Paladin, for when i choose a main spec. I'm only 105, with all 3 artifacts, and have around 100 items to use, as i still can't decide. Tempted to just put it all in Ret as i've not got the hang of leveling with Prot yet. Plus, Ret is actually quite fun.
    Noxin wrote: »
    You should do the dungeon quests as soon as you get them due to the ilvl 800 quest reward you pick up from them.
    Very nice at early leveling stages. If you're DPS though you should probably start queuing for the dungeon when you start the zone :P
    Do you get the ilvl800 even when you aren't lvl110? I'm pretty sure I didn't get one on my lvl103 Warlock, and he did it after the quest chain sent me there.

• Advertisement

Is it as easy as was originally said to get Artifact power at 110? I've been hoarding all my artifact power items with my Paladin, for when i choose a main spec. I'm only 105, with all 3 artifacts, and have around 100 items to use, as i still can't decide. Tempted to just put it all in Ret as i've not got the hang of leveling with Prot yet. Plus, Ret is actually quite fun.

Do you get the ilvl800 even when you aren't lvl110? I'm pretty sure I didn't get one on my lvl103 Warlock, and he did it after the quest chain sent me there.

The item rewards have scaling item level, so you dont get 800 if you go in at a lower level, thats why most people recommend you stack the quests and do them after 107.

As for artifact power, there is a certain level you can get before raids come out. For most classes there is a recommended artifact path to take before this time.

So for my warlock for example the recommendation was 16/16/16. (16 in each spec). I don't care for Affliction, so I was able to slack of a bit and just get 16/16 in Demo/Destro.

For most main spec's you are looking at being 20 for raid release. This require though ensuring you got artifact knowledge done at every available moment, that you complete all AP world quests, a full mythic clear per week and the daily dungeon each day.

Because I'm prepping for raid meaning I'm doing WQ's and mythic clears and the daily etc., its been pretty fine for me to get artifact levels up.

13 is relatively quick to get on any spec, and then it starts to slow down a bit.

I was certain I got 800 gear below 110. Even from my first which I always did straight away. But that was a while back so can't remember for sure.

Anyway, I started the mount world quest orbs. One piece of advice - if you are a tauren, don't bother. You'll get to the second last one and suddenly it's gg Blizzard. Taurens can't fit through a hole you need to get through. Again, gg blizzard. Just wasted 3 hours. :/

I got an 800 item in Halls of Valor on my lvl107 Paladin last night, so it does happen at some point. May also have it on my Warlock, and not realised it.

Going to start leveling my Rogue or Mage over the weekend as well.

Just to draw a line under the gear in dungeons thing

All Normal dungeons drop loots with an ilvl of 700-805 (scales to what character level you are).
    At max character level, normal dungeon loot can be warforged and titanforged. First I thought titanforged only dropped at max level dungeons, but it dropped from Violet hold as well, which is a 105-110 dungeon.

Normal Rare Titanforged: seen up to 825 (+20)
    Normal Epic Titanforged: seen up to 840 (+35)

Item levels from Dungeon rewards based on Character level

Character level Item loot ilvl

100 700 ilvl
    101 710 ilvl
    102 720 ilvl
    103 730 ilvl
    104 740 ilvl
    105 750 ilvl
    106 760 ilvl
    107 770 ilvl
    108 780 ilvl
    109 790 ilvl
    110 805+ ilvl

The reason for stacking the dungeons and doing them later, is as you complete a zone you get a "dungeon quest". This quest rewards an ilvl 800 item from like 107+. But if you do it beforehand, I believe the reward is less.

So the general recommendation is you stack the dungeon quests to then do them at 107+ so you get a couple of ilvl 800+ items from the rewards, along with general dungeon rewards.

Strangely enough on that, I ran a normal Black Rook Hold a few days ago and actually looted heroic warforged gear which I found strange.

Check it out: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Noxtehnib/feed

Scroll to 4 days ago and you'll see a Black Rook Hold achi for normal and Obtained "Warbreaker Pauldrons" heroic warforged ilvl 835.

I wasn't complaining :P

Noxin wrote: »
    Strangely enough on that, I ran a normal Black Rook Hold a few days ago and actually looted heroic warforged gear which I found strange.

Check it out: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Noxtehnib/feed

Scroll to 4 days ago and you'll see a Black Rook Hold achi for normal and Obtained "Warbreaker Pauldrons" heroic warforged ilvl 835.

I wasn't complaining :P

TBH so many stupid bugs and misinformation has come into Legion from the alpha/beta I'm not surprised.

Did you see the **** about legendaries? There was a bug whereby you had a higher chance of legendaries should you already have one.

It's been a really good launch and so far a really good expansion and when you think they have nailed it, you see the amount of STUPID bugs that got in from Beta. And many they knew about and havn't prioritised correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cant believe ive resubbed. Now to get through Warlords of Dreanor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Warlords has an epic start. The questing is just great. Sure the expansion fell flat on it's face due to ****ty support from Blizzard, but it's actually decently fun to level through.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Did you see the **** about legendaries? There was a bug whereby you had a higher chance of legendaries should you already have one.

haha, thats so stupid. Wish I had one for that :P

@Glebee Warlords is great for leveling through. Enjoyable quest lines etc..
    As @Xenoronin said, it only fell apart after that with no content so that will not worry you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Warlords has an epic start. The questing is just great. Sure the expansion fell flat on it's face due to ****ty support from Blizzard, but it's actually decently fun to level through.

Cant remember anything, lvl 91 rogue running around with not a clue....

• Advertisement

well skinning and herbalism just paid for my next 30 days yoink

Got my Prot warrior to 110, and i've been so busy with just random quests in Suramar and all around the islands. Its nice to have something to do other than Heroics.

Got to 110 as well yesterday with my Paladin. So many quests, and so much to do..it's great :) I did the full set of emissary quests, and will make sure to do it every day. I do like that it queues up the emissary quests if you don't do them for 2 days. It does make running alts much harder though. I'd fully planned on getting at least two other alts to max in the next week or two, but now i'm not sure. I'll get my 105 lock to max, and we'll see after that.

I've also discovered i'm an awful tank :P Ran normal Eye of Azshara yesterday and by god i found it tough to retain aggro on all the trash. Way too many mobs. It wasn't helped by a DH flying forward and pulling, but it seems like it used to be much easier to manage larger packs of trash. We did manage to clear it though, so i was happy enough with that.

The thing i'm most annoyed with so far is how awful Engineering is. It seems like there's absolutely nothing worth crafting, and the things that are ok, cost an absolute fortune to make. Seriously tempted to change to something more interesting.

Got to 110 as well yesterday with my Paladin. So many quests, and so much to do..it's great :) I did the full set of emissary quests, and will make sure to do it every day. I do like that it queues up the emissary quests if you don't do them for 2 days. It does make running alts much harder though. I'd fully planned on getting at least two other alts to max in the next week or two, but now i'm not sure. I'll get my 105 lock to max, and we'll see after that.

I've also discovered i'm an awful tank :P Ran normal Eye of Azshara yesterday and by god i found it tough to retain aggro on all the trash. Way too many mobs. It wasn't helped by a DH flying forward and pulling, but it seems like it used to be much easier to manage larger packs of trash. We did manage to clear it though, so i was happy enough with that.

The thing i'm most annoyed with so far is how awful Engineering is. It seems like there's absolutely nothing worth crafting, and the things that are ok, cost an absolute fortune to make. Seriously tempted to change to something more interesting.

I was the same, but i found that if you let a DPS run ahead its his own stupid fault.

I did Maw and was chastised for pulling some big fella below decks who spews poison out, even when i told them it was my first time in the dungeon and to call out anything.

You just cant win with some people.

I was the same, but i found that if you let a DPS run ahead its his own stupid fault.

I did Maw and was chastised for pulling some big fella below decks who spews poison out, even when i told them it was my first time in the dungeon and to call out anything.

You just cant win with some people.

yeah I guess sometimes though players can forget how things can be outside of a guild group or friend group.

I've ran mythics pretty much exclusively with friends or guild. The odd pug, and I remember quickly why I don't like pugs :D

We seem to be dumbfounded in Violet Hold, when the Vampire bite happens on the healer. Pretty much every pug heroic we do (we are doing more now for legendaries) we tell the healer about the bite. They fail it and just get kicked.

It's harsh, but at the same time we are trying to be quick and efficient, so a certain "**** this" to carrying people. There is a dungeon journal in the game, and its never been easier to find out about bosses, mechanics and how things work.

In fairness for Maw when I tank it I just pull that add even if the door is locked, if I'm in a pug. Odds are some dick is going to pull it while dealing with the adds on the other side, then you have a wipe.

TheDoc wrote: »
    yeah I guess sometimes though players can forget how things can be outside of a guild group or friend group.

I've ran mythics pretty much exclusively with friends or guild. The odd pug, and I remember quickly why I don't like pugs :D

We seem to be dumbfounded in Violet Hold, when the Vampire bite happens on the healer. Pretty much every pug heroic we do (we are doing more now for legendaries) we tell the healer about the bite. They fail it and just get kicked.

It's harsh, but at the same time we are trying to be quick and efficient, so a certain "**** this" to carrying people. There is a dungeon journal in the game, and its never been easier to find out about bosses, mechanics and how things work.

In fairness for Maw when I tank it I just pull that add even if the door is locked, if I'm in a pug. Odds are some dick is going to pull it while dealing with the adds on the other side, then you have a wipe.

I'm so glad it was on normal as i'm pretty sure we would have wiped if i didn't pop all my CD's and hit him with a massive ignore pain

Warriors are fun like that.

The only gripe i am having with legion right now is the content gating in suramar, i am trying to finish all the quest line's but they are gated behind rep which is really anoying as i done all the other zone's so im stuck having to grind world quest's >_< which isnt to bad but it's getting a bit repetitive for me now already.

So I got my resto shaman up to ilvl 838 and decided I prefer my priest as main healer, got her to ilvl 828 atm but such a more involved playstyle with more interesting mechanics than resto shaman imo.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    The only gripe i am having with legion right now is the content gating in suramar, i am trying to finish all the quest line's but they are gated behind rep which is really anoying as i done all the other zone's so im stuck having to grind world quest's >_< which isnt to bad but it's getting a bit repetitive for me now already.

Agree it's a bit annoying. I'm trying to get revered with them now and it's becoming a right pain. Make sure to flood any KT daily you get into Nightfallen rep even though it is less than what you get for the others.
    It's way more valuable imo.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    So I got my resto shaman up to ilvl 838 and decided I prefer my priest as main healer, got her to ilvl 828 atm but such a more involved playstyle with more interesting mechanics than resto shaman imo.

Disc or Holy?

Advertisement