Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

are their any limits on how many sub tokens you can buy ingame with gold ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Vicxas wrote: »
    Disc or Holy?

Holy, disc is fun but not viable after heroic,holy is the best its ever been in terms of enjoyment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Lone Stone wrote: »
    are their any limits on how many sub tokens you can buy ingame with gold ?

Copy Pasta:

LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
    You cannot trade, mail, vendor, bank, or destroy Tokens. Tokens purchased for real money can only be listed; Tokens purchased from the Auction House can only be consumed for game time.
    You cannot delete, transfer, faction change, or boost any character with a Token in their inventory.
    You may use the in-game Shop to purchase a maximum of 10 Tokens per week.
    You may use gold to purchase a maximum of 36 Tokens every 24 months from the Auction House.
    Your Battle.net Account can only have one type of Token and a maximum of 10 Tokens in your inventory at one time. For more information on the different Token types, see our blog post.
    The Game Time tab of the Auction House is not accessible from the Remote Auction House app.
    You cannot purchase Tokens using a different region's currency. For example, you cannot purchase a Token in the US region if your Battle.net Balance is in Euros.
    Gold must be in a character’s inventory to purchase a Token from the character select screen. Gold in the mailbox will not count towards this purchase.
    Parental Controls may block you from listing a Token on the auction house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

and now i shall never pay a subscription fee again, 10k gold for 200 foxtail dont mind if i do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What would be a good way to farm order hall recourses? I am pretty much cleaning up world quests amd only some pvp one left. Those are such a pain in a hole to do due to mobs being so over powered and in bunches.

My holy pala ilvl is now 820. Would I be safish doing heroics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What would be a good way to farm order hall recourses? I am pretty much cleaning up world quests amd only some pvp one left. Those are such a pain in a hole to do due to mobs being so over powered and in bunches.

My holy pala ilvl is now 820. Would I be safish doing heroics?

Heroic requirements is 810. I was in there on my lock at like 802 on launch with guild.

820 is fine for heroics. I did my first weeks mythic clears at like 815....

Just little bit of bragging. :)

Playing WoW on 21:9 is just Raging Boner experience. Got monitor yesterday.
    DSC_1263_zps9nfz7wq9.jpg

In other news: Got Legs, Chest and Boots of Jugment today!!! Was so unlucky with last pieces for months and now got it all in one day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just little bit of bragging. :)

Playing WoW on 21:9 is just Raging Boner experience. Got monitor yesterday.
    DSC_1263_zps9nfz7wq9.jpg

In other news: Got Legs, Chest and Boots of Jugment today!!! Was so unlucky with last pieces for months and now got it all in one day!

50019299.jpg

144 hz or nothing tbh :)

21:9 WS is nice though.

Quick looks at my H priest UI and weak auras,the gold and blue bars in weak auras are animated, really nice.

Wo_WScrn_Shot_092016_191232.jpg

Dcully wrote: »
    144 hz or nothing tbh :)

21:9 WS is nice though.

Quick looks at my H priest UI and weak auras,the gold and blue bars in weak auras are animated, really nice.

Wo_WScrn_Shot_092016_191232.jpg

I was IPS or nothing. Now i am IPS WS 3440x1440 or nothing. Monitor can be 300hz if they want to, i just don't care lol. Stable 60fps was always enough for me.

• Advertisement

Have an IPS 60hz 2560X1440 sitting beside my TN gsync,barely a difference at all in image quality where as massive difference between 60 and 144hz , just saying :)

Have an IPS 60hz 2560X1440 sitting beside my TN gsync,barely a difference at all in image quality where as massive difference between 60 and 144hz , just saying :)

Each to its own. I had Tn panels and ips panels next to each other and difference was massive. 60hz to 144hz difference is big too.
    It's always a matter of taste and we all have our own preferences. The beauty of this day and age is we got a choice. :)

Sorry for side track lads.

Actually havn't been running WoW at 144hz. I did in WoD for a bit, but the fact it only works fullscreen is a major drag for me.

I'm always alt tabbing and doing stuff on the second monitor whilst I play WoW, so whilst I bought a 144hz monitor(you might remember from the PC forum) I havn't really harnessed the benefits of it for Legion, which is going to be my main game for the next while.

Like your WA setup and overall UI setup, very slick.

Thinking I'm gonna re-do my UI myself.

Currently running Towelliee's UI which is nice, but a bit cluttered.

Thinking I'll just extract parts of it set up what I actually find useful out of it. Not sure I look forward to the task though. Might wait until the weekend.

Noxin wrote: »
    Thinking I'm gonna re-do my UI myself.

Currently running Towelliee's UI which is nice, but a bit cluttered.

Thinking I'll just extract parts of it set up what I actually find useful out of it. Not sure I look forward to the task though. Might wait until the weekend.

I run ELVUI's basic config and then move stuff around to where i like. WA slides nicely into my UI which is nice :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I copied Preach's UI (ElvUI, Skada and a few others), as it had setups for all the different classes, and then just moved the tellmewhen's as i have having things right in the middle of the screen. Works pretty well, and was dead handy to setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Guys, sorry to butt in on this thread, just resubbed into warlords, its been a while since I played but seem to be getting back into it, what addons are a must have these days??

Cheers folks - I'll look into ElvUI and just chop up what I want to add.
    Glebee wrote: »
    Guys, sorry to butt in on this thread, just resubbed into warlords, its been a while since I played but seem to be getting back into it, what addons are a must have these days??

Deadly Boss Mods. So many don't have it and it's frustrating when people don't know encounters.
    After that I don't know if there is anything mandatory you should have. It mostly comes down to weather or not you want to change the default look of the Blizzard UI. Many are happy with it. I can run with it fine but I just wanted to spruce up my UI for this Xpac.

Glebee wrote: »

As the guys said here, Preach has made his UI available for others to download, he has most of the UI's that everyone uses:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xp7nw2jwthhjb8z/Preach%20UI.rar?dl=0

Youtube guide to get you started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyrJHAKflak

I'm still finding it tough to pick a main. My Paladin is the only 110 character i have, and i enjoy Prot but i'm nto sure about it. Leveling my Rogue (assassination atm), Warlock (affliction) and Druid (cat or bear...not sure yet) at the moment, and will see which one i stick with. Trying to level my fire mage as well, but damn i find it tough. So flimsy, and finding it hard to get into the habit of keeping enemies at range. I'm used to just having my pet tank as a Warlock. Might switch to Frost and see if that helps with leveling.

• Advertisement

So here is my current UI:
    12VSrO4.jpg

I just spent the last hour messing about setting up a new one and got a headache. I've saved it for now but reverted back to this. Will look more into it over the weekend. Too much hassle at the moment :P

I am kind of very vanilla kind of player. Like to have standard UI as possible. The only mods I use is recount and grid. Recount for obvious reasons amd grid to help with healing. Just have bars of party members on the side off character. I found it hard to look at the side of screen and paying attention to whats happening around specially as pala healer. With ultrawide monitor it's impossible lol.
    As for deadly mods. I don't use it, just before boss I looked up its tactics on map detail info and go in. Just common sense I guess.

In other news I finally healed in heroic dungoen with ilvl 825. Its the warden one. All went pretty smooth, until last boss, where people did not knew that they need to clean crap on floor with light. No way I could have out healed it with everyone standing in "green ****".

I know my progress is crap compared with all heavy hitters here, but I don't have much time to play and I take it at my own pace. :)

My UI, I redid my UI three times since Legion launch but settled on this. Similar to what I felt was my favorite UI design I made in WoD. Same for all my classes

edmARco.jpg

Regarding the colour on my addon, it changes depending on the class you are playing. Can force it to change but I've never been bothered as I quite like the class changing it. Shame my main is foo-foo pink though. Stoopid girly paladins. :P

Ran Nithogg when I logged on yesterday. What a wuss. One shot with a pug with maybe one death in the raid. Little to no mechanics for him as a tank anyway. Just face him away from the raid and don't stand close to things that go boom.

Noxin wrote: »
    Regarding the colour on my addon, it changes depending on the class you are playing. Can force it to change but I've never been bothered as I quite like the class changing it. Shame my main is foo-foo pink though. Stoopid girly paladins. :P

Ran Nithogg when I logged on yesterday. What a wuss. One shot with a pug with maybe one death in the raid. Little to no mechanics for him as a tank anyway. Just face him away from the raid and don't stand close to things that go boom.

ELVUI does the same for classes.

Whats the addon to the left that shows your EXP?

ELVUI does the same for classes.

Whats the addon to the left that shows your EXP?

It's actually just Weak Auras 2.

This one shows AP / AM. You can import it using this code:
    http://pastebin.com/raw/FVvKFnE7

This one for straight up XP:
    http://pastebin.com/raw/fa4nrAtN

Damn, Weak Auras does bloody everything!

Did Nithogg yesterday as well in a PUG, and it seemed pretty simple. I off tanked it, as the main tank would occasionally take too much damage, but we did it in one go with very little difficulty.

Rogue is my new 2nd class. Enjoying it so far.

I made the transition from TellMewhen to WeakAuras. Was never really impressed, but now that I've learned more ins and outs about it, really like it and probably would be on that side now thats it's more powerful then TMW.

• Advertisement

If you're willing to spend a bit of time with it then yea, you really can do a tonne of stuff.
    Check out MMO champion as well. People usually post up their own designs there and you can get some really savage stuff for the different classes.

Advertisement