Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So a good bit of time with the expansion and its without doubt their best work yet.
    I have 3 toons @ lvl 110 , rest xp is insanely fast.

Priest mage and shaman, Priest my main so far but that could change.

My only complaint is that snoozefest withering army repeatable yoke to gain hightfallen rep.
    Hate it so much, I'm not going to bother with it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Dcully wrote: »
    So a good bit of time with the expansion and its without doubt their best work yet.

My only complaint is that snoozefest withering army repeatable yoke to gain hightfallen rep.

I was planning on lvling my paladin/druid/lock to 110 after i unlocked flying but getting exalted on all the factions is gonna take a while >_< guess il have to scrap that for now.

I do enjoy that withered quest tho, i like unlocking new wizzard and berserker stuff for them has a overlord feel about it. But yea bit of a pointless thing just do this for rep basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

is arms warrior worth a bash ? or fury still the go to dps warrior ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Tank classes cake walk the daily. I do it with Pala but generally stop once I have around 400 points in it. You're right though. Hulla boring.

How difficult was the mage to level? I'm thinking of starting mine but they seem very squishy. Dunno if I want to spend days corpse running.

Noxin wrote: »
    Tank classes cake walk the daily. I do it with Pala but generally stop once I have around 400 points in it. You're right though. Hulla boring.

How difficult was the mage to level? I'm thinking of starting mine but they seem very squishy. Dunno if I want to spend days corpse running.

Mage was so easy to level, i levelled as fire, normally would with frost but damage with fire melted mobs, rarely died, only took about 7 hours from 100-110 with rest xp the whole way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I can't stick to a class. Loving just jumping between things and ultra casually leveling about. Have my MW at 110, SPriest is 107, Mage/Shaman/Rogue/Warlock all sitting at 100 from WoD so I'll pick one of them up next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I got to 110 last week. I have so much left to do. It's amazing. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Reviews seem very positive? Time to resubscribe, is it? :D

Xenoronin wrote: »
    I got to 110 last week. I have so much left to do. It's amazing. :D

I've been 110 for weeks and still have so much to do :P
    It never ends.:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Reviews seem very positive? Time to resubscribe, is it? :D

Definitely a good time. Loads to do, and everyone is still riding how new everything seems.

Been doing world quests with my Paladin as they become available (not gotten any good rewards yet), and gradually getting my Rogue and Warlock leveled. Hadn't done anything on the Warlock in a few days, and ended up running out of Order Hall resources. Need to get some later today, and keep the missions running. It's handy getting the XP rewards from missions, as you can keep alts topped up a small bit when not playing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Resubbed, but still try trying to get through Warlords..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yeah a resub is definitely worth it, i log on every day wondering what its gonna throw me today.

This morning it was getting 2 epic Warforged items when doing the world quests in Suramar, that made me happy

World quests are proving pointless once you get over ilvl 840 in terms of rewards, granted you get a bit of artifact power but hardly worth the time and effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

World quests are proving pointless once you get over ilvl 840 in terms of rewards, granted you get a bit of artifact power but hardly worth the time and effort.

Well, even if you do hit 840 it's still handy to do them I guess. Still artifact power, recourses, gold.

I only did my paladin campaign today and finally unlocked third relic slot. Inserted only 825, but it just boosted my ilvl crazy. I was wondering how people are so much higher item level then me. I am now 832, but I was like 828 for ages.
    The recourse hall gear that you unlock is pretty much hard caped at 840? You better off crafting gear and use obliterum?

I still love how they give some mamy option to gear up. I don't know if it's just me, but with better gear my character actually feels a lot more stronger, even doing those world quests. Never felt it much in other expansions. Maybe because now you actually have a reason to go outside and not just grind dungoens as only content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Well, even if you do hit 840 it's still handy to do them I guess. Still artifact power, recourses, gold.

I only did my paladin campaign today and finally unlocked third relic slot. Inserted only 825, but it just boosted my ilvl crazy. I was wondering how people are so much higher item level then me. I am now 832, but I was like 828 for ages.
    The recourse hall gear that you unlock is pretty much hard caped at 840? You better off crafting hear and use obliterum?

I still love how they give some mamy option to gear up. I don't if it's just me, but with better gear my character actually feels a lot more stronger, even doing those world quests. Never felt it much in other expansions. Maybe because now you actually have a reason to go outside and not just grind dungoens as only content.

Am at 849 now and it does make a massive difference to your strengths and such. WQ stuff can also upgrade past 850 now so there is that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I can't stick to a class. Loving just jumping between things and ultra casually leveling about. Have my MW at 110, SPriest is 107, Mage/Shaman/Rogue/Warlock all sitting at 100 from WoD so I'll pick one of them up next!

Im loving the class quests, it will mean the game is replayable for me across all my toons. I have to focus for raiding but im having fun just chilling and leveling atm

The recourse hall gear that you unlock is pretty much hard caped at 840? You better off crafting hear and use obliterum?

I still love how they give some mamy option to gear up. I don't if it's just me, but with better gear my character actually feels a lot more stronger, even doing those world quests. Never felt it much in other expansions. Maybe because now you actually have a reason to go outside and not just grind dungoens as only content.

They are fantastic for fresh lvl 110 and or anything below 840ilvl but @ 840+ it will all feel pointless as you will not see any upgrades unless you get really lucky and get a titanforged upgrade from a WQ reward which is a real shame because its brought the game world alive.

Took my first break this evening. I've played a few hours every day since legion launched.
    Needed to take a break for a day or two. :P
    Variety is the spice of life and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

Took my first break this evening. I've played a few hours every day since legion launched.
    Needed to take a break for a day or two. :P
    Variety is the spice of life and all that...

i'm at about 3-4 times a week properly and maybe a quick log in for the auction house otherwise, don't want to overload haha

I didn't last long. Was back on last night. :P

And with the class changes in todays patch, I'll deffo be back on tonight.

• Advertisement

Warlocks got a nice buff, so i'm back leveling him. 107 with full rested so it won't take long.

Seems like almost all classes got a big buff.

Kiith wrote: »
    Warlocks got a nice buff, so i'm back leveling him. 107 with full rested so it won't take long.

I've got a lock at 73 and I'm really tempted to level him. The thoughts of doing 73-100 are the killer though. Heck I even checked the price on a boost. 60 yoyo's though so that can kiss it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Actually managed to hit quest log cap, and not many were junk! Completed Maw of Souls on normal last night. Cool instance, but I'm still making my way through Stormheim, so I'm not sure what the hell just happened. I then went back to working on completing Stormheim, and somehow Sylvanas is involved? I swear, they are doing such a good job of making her look like a bad guy from the Alliance side!

I've got a lock at 73 and I'm really tempted to level him. The thoughts of doing 73-100 are the killer though. Heck I even checked the price on a boost. 60 yoyo's though so that can kiss it :P

Just level Affliction and dot every enemy in a 100 yard radius...you actually can't die :P

And all of Blizz's services are absolutely crazy in price. I don't mind the boost as much, as that's different, but the cost of character/realm/faction transfers are absolutely crazy.
    Xenoronin wrote: »
    I then went back to working on completing Stormheim, and somehow Sylvanas is involved? I swear, they are doing such a good job of making her look like a bad guy from the Alliance side!

They really do make her look bad. Every time she's around, it's all plague this and kill everyone that. I thought her being Warchief might make that change a bit, and maybe from the Horde side of things there's a reason for it, but she definitely comes off as a proper 'bad guy' from the Alliance PoV. It will definitely be my first zone as a Horde character though.

It's a great cinematic as well. Love Greymane :)

Glad to see Greymane getting a look in with this Expansion

RopeDrink wrote: »
    You should avoid the Blizzard "Story" forum if you believe that's the case - can't discuss anything without Sylvanas hate derailing things. Already spoken at length on many topics, some of which get argued against by character-assassination and people who have completely ridiculous views, such as the Pro-Garrosh people who can't talk about Vol'Jin without calling him a traitorous coward (sigh).

Here's my 2cents -- SPOILERS AHEAD, if you're not up to speed (but it's been weeks now, so no tags).

They were hinting at Sylvanas taking a 'darker' turn after War Crimes (book) and from Lor'themar in-game (after she offered to resurrect his dead Belves as Forsaken during SoO) - a text from him in-game (after Vol'Jin was promoted), where he tells you to keep an eye on her amongst other things. Seems Blizzard tore away from this in the end (likely to wait for Legion), but considering 90% of Horde would never trust her anyway, they had to make her seem semi-decent as an excuse to give her the Warchief mantle, so for now it's a case of 'play on Horde want for vengeance for Vol'Jin then revisit this problem later'.

Horde'side, we see her making a deal with Helya (whether this is something that will be raised in the future, or was solely to find the Valkyr who WE built up trust with and helped - only for her to swoop in and break that trust by trying to force her to submit and be like the other Valkyr to keep her alive) - remains to be seen. In short, she ****ed both sides over in her self-mission, and lost to Genn in the process. Things will only get worse from here.

As a Warchief, she's the best choice in a Legion context, not so much for her own personal story/goals, so I suspect she'll die (very unlikely given popularity, and even if she is, she'll come back somehow, despite lack of lantern), or will relinquish WChief title once Legion is over (which sucks in itself because we seem to be swapping Warchief's on a daily basis lately - they really, REALLY, should NOT have killed Vol'Jin - he barely had any chance to shine at all), because the title does not benefit her much in her own personal goals and just puts an even bigger target on her back.

As for me, I never liked politics, I just head to the BG and punch my problems.

Good read,

I personally think they wont kill Sylvanas off, shes the only Horde leader left with a bit of character.

From the Alliance side, since the BI quest where she abandons the Alliance to die we all think she's screwing us over. And then the Q's in Highmountain seem to think shes on a massive power trip.

Be interesting to see where she goes with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

They need a new strong horde leader that is not evil, so they are either going for a redemption storyline for Sylvanas or they are done with her and will kill her off.

Hopefully they will do something with Lor'themar i or Baine, being honest if there was a strong female lead either i wouldnt mind that. What bothers me about sylvanas is her how dark she is got, if you read i belive its called paragons she actually commits suicide and upon realising what awaited her in the afterlight it is driving her obsession with not dying today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well Blizz ****ed up the tuning on that raid so hard haha

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well Blizz ****ed up the tuning on that raid so hard haha

Elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Elaborate?

Exorsus cleared 7/7 Mythic in under 18 hours. World First.

Mythic Cenarius (Boss #6 of 7) took them 12 hours of the 18 hour raid session, with the last boss taking less time than Cenarius (#6) and Il'gynoth (#3).

Advertisement