Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Aren't Exorsus one of the top raiding guilds around though?
    Granted it's a quick clear but I doubt other guilds will do it so quick.

also - 18hr raid session. Bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Did they **** it up hard or did they gut the classes so much trying to turn it into some sort of MOBA that it had to be so simple.

All I know is since mop my 'mmo' mouse like razor ain't needed anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I think there are still plenty of buttons to be honest :pac:

When you have a top guild willing to spend 18hours cracking your raid, I think you've tuned pretty well tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Guarantee that they'll be complaining about a lack of content within a week now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Noxin wrote: »
    Aren't Exorsus one of the top raiding guilds around though?
    Granted it's a quick clear but I doubt other guilds will do it so quick.

also - 18hr raid session. Bloody hell.

Well yeah, the world first race is top end guilds obviously.

But it's a clear tuning ****up. They didn't factor in properly how hard top guilds would farm mythic+. The DPS check boss ended up just falling over, and the only difficult fight appears to be second last boss.

For a world first race to end in 18 hours is pretty terrible from a tuning point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

For all these top world guilds it's all cool and dandy, but they are very small minority in player Base.
    I much prefer blizzard focus on normal people with life's, then those few hundred, that do 18 hour sessions...

I did tried LFR this week just for ****s and giggles and we steam rolled second and third bosses. First one was already dead. It was still fun and someone like me, can still see some content and have a life. I know some people won't be haply about it. As anything, there has to be balance. They took a lot of stuff from Diablo 3. And that's a good thing. Wow became only better of it. World quests, different levels of difficulty for dungoens and raids. Everyone can play and their own level of challenge.

Anyway, as for my own problems. :pac:
    I got I quest for my artifact weapon to go to mythic dungoen. Would I be fine as healer ilvl 837? Doing a good few heroics and I am doing really well, even if I got a "pull all ****" tanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Your well past heroics tbh,ilvl 820 plus is mythic ready.

I healed my first mythics at I lvl 815 on my holy priest in a pug, resto shammy with guild at about 820 ilvl.
    Raided on holy priest @ 839ilvl over the weekend,you will be fine if your a decent healer.

All fine and dandy but I'm getting a bit bored it it already :(

Ive no real interest, and no time to commit to raid fully 100% so LFR suits me but even still I reckon my focus if I keep subbed will be 5 man mythic+, will this be enough to keep me subbed? only time will tell.

Dcully wrote: »
    Your well past heroics tbh,ilvl 820 plus is mythic ready.

I healed my first mythics at I lvl 815 on my holy priest in a pug, resto shammy with guild at about 820 ilvl.
    Raided on holy priest @ 839ilvl over the weekend,you will be fine if your a decent healer.

All fine and dandy but I'm getting a bit bored it it already :(

Ive no real interest, and no time to commit to raid fully 100% so LFR suits me but even still I reckon my focus if I keep subbed will be 5 man mythic+, will this be enough to keep me subbed? only time will tell.

Cheers. So looks like I would be able to handle myself in normal mythic. I don't know about decent healer, but I think I can hold my ground pretty okay if my group is not complete muskets. My friends doing a lot of mythics++, but they play after 6 and I usually play before 6 ( before misses comes back home). I think I will just have an evening set for evening when everyone is playing amd try do my first one with them.

I don't know, I am still in love with legion. I can't believe I am so much sucked in! Haven't played that much wow since Tbc! Still love progression amd working on paladin. Still haven't touched much any specs outside of holy. My holy artifact is at rank 19 right now amd I just mostly started putting power in to protection artifact. As by the looks of it we are low on tanks. So off spec will be handy. On top of that o haven't even touched my alt shamy and mage I transfered to current server!!!

On the off topic: wtf happened to sky golem prices?! Or is it just my server. It was like 20k ish, but I checked it now and price is around 100k!
    I am going to build it myself tomorrow as it's my last day to do engineers component and living steel. Mined all ore and did all transmutes myself. Kind of wondering if it's worth to sell it and build myself another one as it was pretty fun, or just keep this one and build one more in relaxed manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still running Heroics until i get the dungeon groove down, I've ran into some god awful healers so far. Disc seem to have a hard time from what i can see.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    The previous warrior rage-nerf slapped Prot into totally unenjoyable levels of horrible. Still managable for mythics but sheesh, what a slog it is now. You'll be battering 4-6 mobs before you can consider a full rage bar (without talented DemoShout).

Glad I have a pocket Prot Paladin for if I get too bored micro-managing my abilities.

Agreed. IP just feels spongy. Like i still don't die but i get hit hard now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

So finally took the plunge back in after vouching to never sub again, really enjoying it so far. Decided to play horde this time (on stormscale) so used my free level 100 on a Shaman, leveling as enhancement, 107 at the moment. And doing resto heals for dungeons (love how the stats on gear swaps based on your specc).

Anybody any tips on making gold? I'm just farming ore/herb while i quest and making a decent profit from it. I'm at 12k gold and im only questing to 107 so far, i never got into making as much gold as possible, but seeing as you can buy game time now, any tips are greatly appreciated :)

Also, any horse on stormscale wanna take in my shaman? I'm currently in a random leveling guild, so looking for a new home :D

nix wrote: »
    So finally took the plunge back in after vouching to never sub again, really enjoying it so far. Decided to play horde this time (on stormscale) so used my free level 100 on a Shaman, leveling as enhancement, 107 at the moment. And doing resto heals for dungeons (love how the stats on gear swaps based on your specc).

Anybody any tips on making gold? I'm just farming ore/herb while i quest and making a decent profit from it. I'm at 12k gold and im only questing to 107 so far, i never got into making as much gold as possible, but seeing as you can buy game time now, any tips are greatly appreciated :)

Also, any horse on stormscale wanna take in my shaman? I'm currently in a random leveling guild, so looking for a new home :D

Oh, you actually on my server hehe.

When you 110 getting gold is easy. Lots of dailies and profession mats sell well. Obliterum sells well. I don't farm gold at all and I passively got around 36k and that's after spending a lot.

Now, just to note: playing to pay sub is not fun way of playing. If you decide to farm gold it will take you hours and hours just to get that one sub, unless you are good at flipping stuff on Ah. I much prefer idea of paying that 12eu and enjoy game. Its pretty much one hours wage at work. Working one hour at work or farm for days and do stuff you don't like just to save 12 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Got my drop today for "the Stars" hidden artifact appearance on a Nightfallen world quest.

Various objectives to unlock the different colors. Delighted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

nix wrote: »

Keep the gathering professions for now i would say swap one out for a craftable at some point. The new professions have much more value than in WOD and things right now are costly so if you are raiding its good to offset some of the costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Oh, you actually on my server hehe.

When you 110 getting gold is easy. Lots of dailies and profession mats sell well. Obliterum sells well. I don't farm gold at all and I passively got around 36k and that's after spending a lot.

Now, just to note: playing to pay sub is not fun way of playing. If you decide to farm gold it will take you hours and hours just to get that one sub, unless you are good at flipping stuff on Ah. I much prefer idea of paying that 12eu and enjoy game. Its pretty much one hours wage at work. Working one hour at work or farm for days and do stuff you don't like just to save 12 quid?

Yeah i only planned to do it if it was easyish to get the gold up fast, im at 18k now and thats only going from 100 to 109 :cool:

Got my Warrior to 30k gold but then i had to buy the gear to get the Obliterum forge going. My Rogue is making a fortune on Starlight rose on the AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

Farming gold is really good at the min but it is slowing down compared to a few weeks ago (to be expected) so be aware of that if you dedicate any time to it. Himself is a master at farming gold and is currently paid up to next Aug with tokens as a result, he barely put effort in which is annoying - he is around 840+ ilvl and raiding atm and making about 15k a day. I am at about 10k a day myself and that is just from 1hr farming, then playing as normal doing world quests and messing about. The first 2 weeks of the expansion I was on easily 50k a day just from skinning but prices are dropping now.

Is there any point in actually crafting gear at the moment? It seems like crafted stuff isn't even as good as WQ rewards, so it seems pointless. I've a few hundred cloth, ore and leather sitting in my banks as i was going to craft, but i might not bother now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there any point in actually crafting gear at the moment? It seems like crafted stuff isn't even as good as WQ rewards, so it seems pointless. I've a few hundred cloth, ore and leather sitting in my banks as i was going to craft, but i might not bother now.

i use to craft all my gear but i dont think its worth it, you make money quicker selling matt's and with the gear scaling with your i lvl from WQ's you can easily get heroic ilvl. But then ya know some people just like to craft.

I have had no problems making money bought two subs and i still got like 160k left

Kind of is. For casual present like me it's a way to get to ilvl 850 gear. I already got two BS pieces I made and upgraded to 850. Looking for third now. Good thing about crafable gear that you can aim easily for stats you want, not what you get.
    At this point I just mostly farm Seregios blood and buy stuff on Ah amd use stuff I collect while mining to make obliterum off plate leggings I make.
    Crafting is solid in this expansion. Its not useless like few last expansions.
    If I got spare time I actually farm ghost iron and making parts for sky golem and truesteel. Already made one golem for myself and they sell on server for 100k now.

• Advertisement

Ah the Merry-go-round of hotfixes has targetted Warriors and people aren't happy.

They upped rage of Shield Slam by 10 but reduced IP by 33%, bit of a nasty tradeoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Got my mage to 110 last night. Actually very enjoyable to level.
    No problems on any quest. When I thought I might have had difficulty I just Popped all CDs and nuked. Things dropped so fast.

Just need to finish Azsuna and then start Suramar for WCs. Oddly enough I joined the end of zone dungeons at 103 - 107 and 110 I was waiting no more than 5 minutes as DPS. It probably won't be like that when I get to HC's but it was a nice change from my 2 hour waits on the Shaman.

Hopefully I can gear up quick enough to finally start raiding as my guild has dedicated tanks for it already.

I got into a HC in about 30 seconds as DPS last night. Figure it'll be the one and only time though.

Decided to stick with my Warlock, and actually see about gearing him up. I always just level alts, and haven't had a decently geared character since Kara, so going to try something different for a change. Did a few HC's last night, and got some nice upgrades. Not ready for Mythics yet, but should be in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm not a fan of the new profession system. I like the quests, but I feel that the fact you can pick up any professions, and start with Legion recipes, makes levelling a profession redundant now. I feel they're caught between two places at the moment. Also this RNG 1/2/3 star for each recipe is pretty lame.

I like the Battlegrounds change where PvP sets are no longer required in order to simple participate adequately. I'm having a blast playing Elemental Shaman and random queuing and it's great.

PvP changes are good, but the rewards for PvP are absolutely awful. 9 gold for a 30 minute BG? Waste of bloody time. Especially when i can kill 10 random mobs and get rewarded with an 830+ leg piece from a WQ.

PvP changes are good, but the rewards for PvP are absolutely awful. 9 gold for a 30 minute BG? Waste of bloody time. Especially when i can kill 10 random mobs and get rewarded with an 830+ leg piece from a WQ.

What PvP needs, in my opinion, is a return to the vanilla Battleground Titles system (although not as extreme as it was) coupled with a currency system to buy season specific mounts/transmog and other vanity items, or even specific loot that is the equivalent of Normal/Heroic/Mythic raid loot.

The "good" rewards have always been gated behind Arena/Rated BGs for the serious PvPer, but with Legion PvE, the casual player has access to almost as much loot as the Mythic raider. PvP needs to follow suit I feel.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the new profession system. I like the quests, but I feel that the fact you can pick up any professions, and start with Legion recipes, makes levelling a profession redundant now. I feel they're caught between two places at the moment. Also this RNG 1/2/3 star for each recipe is pretty lame.

I like the Battlegrounds change where PvP sets are no longer required in order to simple participate adequately. I'm having a blast playing Elemental Shaman and random queuing and it's great.

I like what they did with professions. Its a quality of life improvement.
    Making alts with professions was taking ages and costing a fortune. Problem is you out level zones and expansions so fast, that you don't have enough time to level up professions anymore. So you would spend stupid amount of time and money to get up to date. Its ****.
    Now you can just jump to legion amd have professions.

I like what they did with professions. Its a quality of life improvement.
    Making alts with professions was taking ages and costing a fortune. Problem is you out level zones and expansions so fast, that you don't have enough time to level up professions anymore. So you would spend stupid amount of time and money to get up to date. Its ****.
    Now you can just jump to legion amd have professions.

Yeah, that's good- but it negates the needs to level it in the first place so I feel like leaving in the level requirement now is redundant. It's like there's two systems currently conflicting with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

For the love of god, give it to me. I'll make you something pretty with it ;)

Honestly though, I geared my Warrior and Warlock with 820 stuff looong before I could craft 795 gear. Maybe I started late with my crafting quests or else I just got really lucky.

HC's and WQ are the best way to gear and it's very easy.

Seriously, give me your mats...

• Advertisement

Ah, official wow forums. Pure on bitch mode about how people don't get legendaries and other people already on third etc.
    And here's me, can't even get world boss to drop me anything even with broken fate reroll lol.
    Out of 10ish people in guild only 2 got their legendaries so far and everyone playing since start of legion. I know it's only a month and I did not think about it much, and not very worried about it yet. Knowing my luck other expansion will come out and I still won't have it. :D
    Anyway, still maining my paladin as holy now with ilvl 843. When I get some time I'll try mythics again.
    Meanwhile started leveling my Mage again as alt. Its 94 and I have to admit, legions scaling zones really spoiled me. I freaking hate questing in draenor and specially when I outleveled zone, but can't progress to other zone as I pretty much need to finish starting zone...

Advertisement