Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got my first legendary today from an emissary cache.

Color me surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Vicxas wrote: »
    Got my first legendary today from an emissary cache.

Color me surprised.

Congrats! Two of my buddies (there are 5 of us in our group) already have theirs. Am just waiting for mine to drop. It's gonna happen soon. I know it. :D

That's what I'm telling myself anyway... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Prot Warrior
    Lol prot warrior is scum right now, unstoppable powerhouses :P.

Not as scummy as rogue though but close enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Calhoun wrote: »

Nothing is as scummy as a rogue. Nothing! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well finally I had a chance to play with my friends. All 5 in group and all 5 on vent. We did two mythics. BRH and DT.

Irony is that I got all my gear stats towards holy ( high crit) and I needed to tank lol. Its ilvl 843, but I need complete opposite stats like versatility and haste. For my holy I was purging haste like mad as it was most useless stat hehe.

Anyway, we did well and I enjoyed tanking. A lot of fun, but I guess it was way easier and better when we all were on vent and we are kind of "not ****".

Looks like I will be working mainly on Prot gear and artifact as we lack tanks for our group runs. We got already really good priest healer.

• Advertisement

We will agree to disagree, most melee atm are horrible for ranged too much uptime and gap closers than ranged cc.

I am a wpvpr more than amy thing else and they are hard to take 1v1, warrior that is .

DH is only class with 2 specs btw.

I'll have a look at your movie for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

This post made me laugh! :p

I used to main a Combat Rogue and am now maining a Protection Warrior.

Scum, me! :cool::D:pac:

Both classes i have at 110 :D

Love my Prot warrior, Shield Slam, Inner Rage, Ignore Pain, go for a coffee, come back, Shield Slam

Okay, **** this. RNG gods just completely hate me. 4th time nothing from world boss and all the times used token too. I am pretty sure legendary won't even go near me, "because **** you, that's why".

I am known in my friends and wow circle as most unluckiest roller ever. I still get slagging for my epic cataclysm rolls. At one point we did not had 10 people for raid and we took one randomer. We always had roll rule, no dkp stuff. Randomer had same rights as anyone else.
    So a weapon droped for my warrior. Randomer rolled 5! Everyone already saying.g Gratz to me and then I roll fecking 2!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Redfox25

It happens Shadow.
    Have had similar luck so far, should all even out at the end of the expansion when the legendary's will be good for vendoring :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Timewalking starts today with some nice gear if you run 5 of them. Time to get busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Okay, **** this. RNG gods just completely hate me. 4th time nothing from world boss and all the times used token too. I am pretty sure legendary won't even go near me, "because **** you, that's why".

I am known in my friends and wow circle as most unluckiest roller ever. I still get slagging for my epic cataclysm rolls. At one point we did not had 10 people for raid and we took one randomer. We always had roll rule, no dkp stuff. Randomer had same rights as anyone else.
    So a weapon droped for my warrior. Randomer rolled 5! Everyone already saying.g Gratz to me and then I roll fecking 2!!!

Got my first legendary from a world quest cache reward today :D

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/132466

:pac::pac::pac:

nix wrote: »
    Got my first legendary from a world quest cache reward today :D

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/132466

:pac::pac::pac:

Nice, welcome to the club :D

Also, Fcuk timewalking dungeons, place is just toxic if you're a tank/healer.

Had a blazing row with a huntard as he proceeded to pull the entire room (including the boss, mind) and then blamed me for not taking aggro off him. Then proceeded to bad mouth me for being a sh1t tank..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Vicxas wrote: »
    Nice, welcome to the club :D

Also, Fcuk timewalking dungeons, place is just toxic if you're a tank/healer.

Had a blazing row with a huntard as he proceeded to pull the entire room (including the boss, mind) and then blamed me for not taking aggro off him. Then proceeded to bad mouth me for being a sh1t tank..... :rolleyes:

Hah, that's not limited to timewalking. That's just about everywhere. That's just wow. I find that a lot of the wow-pop is hulla toxic these days.
    But it's still a nice place for gear. If you do happen to get a decent group for it, you could steamroll the 5 timewalking dungeons very quick too.

Noxin wrote: »
    Hah, that's not limited to timewalking. That's just about everywhere. That's just wow. I find that a lot of the wow-pop is hulla toxic these days.
    But it's still a nice place for gear. If you do happen to get a decent group for it, you could steamroll the 5 timewalking dungeons very quick too.

Going to go back tonight and see if its any better.

Try to get in guild runs, most pugs are a pita as everyone wants to do them quickly, had the healer life grip me along a recent mythic and then run ahead into packs to bring them to me, it was very annoying as I usually tank fast but I start off slow to gauge the group first. We made it but it was somewhere between stressful and fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I haven't logged on in a while.

I find it strange. I'm so used to swapping between toons that the legion artifact is restricting that playstyle. I feel I need to invest a lot more time in to each character in order to have them on a remotely similar platform, and then some specs (particularly those I seem most interested in- Shadow Priest, Ele Shaman, Affliction Warlock) are performing like complete garbage which makes levelling and dungeon farming to be very lack luster.

I feel like I've spent so many years investing time into multiple characters that to suddenly abandon one or the other is just not what I'm after. I understand their will be artifact catch-up mechanics in the future, but I'm not sure I want to wait around before I can play the game the way I want to play it.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I haven't logged on in a while.

I find it strange. I'm so used to swapping between toons that the legion artifact is restricting that playstyle. I feel I need to invest a lot more time in to each character in order to have them on a remotely similar platform, and then some specs (particularly those I seem most interested in- Shadow Priest, Ele Shaman, Affliction Warlock) are performing like complete garbage which makes levelling and dungeon farming to be very lack luster.

I feel like I've spent so many years investing time into multiple characters that to suddenly abandon one or the other is just not what I'm after. I understand their will be artifact catch-up mechanics in the future, but I'm not sure I want to wait around before I can play the game the way I want to play it.

I'm inclined to agree, i always switch between characters to keep it fresh but i'm being heavily restricted now.

I love the fact that you have to focus what you want to do, it means allot more to have a leveled toon.

I think the whole move to havin multiple toons really helped dumb down classes to accomodate that play style.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've not played in a few days either. It's a great expansion, i think i'm just burned out. Played it for the longest period in years before Legion launched, and the idea of logging in and doing more WQ/dungeons just doesn't really appeal to me at the moment. Playing some other games for the first times in months, so i'll take a break and see how i feel in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I love the fact that you have to focus what you want to do, it means allot more to have a leveled toon.

I think the whole move to havin multiple toons really helped dumb down classes to accomodate that play style.

I understand this, and in some ways I agree, but I feel like Legion is too late to introduce this back to WoW after years and years of alts for much of the playerbase.

I feel like I have to level from 100 to 110, and then continue to level to keep up. It's no longer about getting the appropriate gear to improve my damage or healing, but some "talents" that are built in to my weapon are needed to play my character (such as the Shadow Priest dispersion reduced cooldown for Surrender to the madness)

Make no mistake about it- The Artifact weapon is simply the "old" talent tree re-introduced to the game after years of players complaining about the introduction of the "new" 3 abilities per tier concept.

It's the one area I feel Legion has let me down- a lot of systems seem to be in limbo between stages. Professions (pointless levelling when Legion allows you start it's patterns from Level 1, thus negating the entire need/concept of levelling it up in the first place), Talents (now spread across levels and the artifact weapon) and even raiding (due to Mythic+ and it's rewards scaling so well)

The zones, animations (for you lucky melee players anyway), quests, dungeons and story were all brilliantly done and definitely worth the 100-110 play-through.

The Dalaran re-hash was disappointing as was the complete gutting of some class mechanics. RIP Demonology Warlock.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I understand this, and in some ways I agree, but I feel like Legion is too late to introduce this back to WoW after years and years of alts for much of the playerbase.

I feel like I have to level from 100 to 110, and then continue to level to keep up. It's no longer about getting the appropriate gear to improve my damage or healing, but some "talents" that are built in to my weapon are needed to play my character (such as the Shadow Priest dispersion reduced cooldown for Surrender to the madness)

Make no mistake about it- The Artifact weapon is simply the "old" talent tree re-introduced to the game after years of players complaining about the introduction of the "new" 3 abilities per tier concept.

It's the one area I feel Legion has let me down- a lot of systems seem to be in limbo between stages. Professions (pointless levelling when Legion allows you start it's patterns from Level 1, thus negating the entire need/concept of levelling it up in the first place), Talents (now spread across levels and the artifact weapon) and even raiding (due to Mythic+ and it's rewards scaling so well)

The zones, animations (for you lucky melee players anyway), quests, dungeons and story were all brilliantly done and definitely worth the 100-110 play-through.

The Dalaran re-hash was disappointing as was the complete gutting of some class mechanics. RIP Demonology Warlock.

I couldnt agrree more with you, whats even worse is the classes have never been as pruned as they have been before. I play a hunter mainly because i have sunk years into the toon and it is dumb as hell.

I give them credit the encounters in PVE are well designed and add a bit of spice to thinks but forcing you into one toon and one spec when they have dumbed things down so much is crazy.

While i like it on one level i really dislike where the classes are right now.

While i like it on one level i really dislike where the classes are right now.

I don't like a lot they have changed. it does seem like we've been limited a fair amount.

Tanking has been reduced to 3 buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I like it in that sense though, its like the old days where you had a main that you focused on and then your alt. Most ill probably get on the go will be 4, but ill likely just settle with three. Healer, DPS and Tank. My main currently is my Shaman and now im working on my rogue, whos lvl 99 currently, doing legion content with him since 98.

Tips for anybody leveling in WOD zones, just make sure you are kitted out in the bonus xp heirloom items and do the bonus objectives in each zone, you dont really need to do any other quests to fly through the levels, and once you get to 98 you can start on legion.

Another tip for levelling in legion.
    Rested XP, make the most of it.
    Get a toon to 103, they can unlock a good few xp missions that gives you 5% or 10% xp if you get it to 200% and they build up rested xp while sitting in the order halls. USe the app to log them in and mission and then off.
    Then go and level up another toon.

If you do it that way, they will likely pick up a level or two over a two week period easily enough, just be sure to open any and all treasures you find on your way. Legion handy notes is great for this.

nix wrote: »
    I like it in that sense though, its like the old days where you had a main that you focused on and then your alt. Most ill probably get on the go will be 4, but ill likely just settle with three. Healer, DPS and Tank. My main currently is my Shaman and now im working on my rogue, whos lvl 99 currently, doing legion content with him since 98.

Tips for anybody leveling in WOD zones, just make sure you are kitted out in the bonus xp heirloom items and do the bonus objectives in each zone, you dont really need to do any other quests to fly through the levels, and once you get to 98 you can start on legion.

I love this focus on main and no 10 alts amd jumping from to another. At least people again learning the class and trying and pushing it's limits, then just jumping and being half arsed with 10 alts.
    I love it, but I am only one lonely paladin. :)

Bah, working 7 days this week so only get 45min of wow before work when misses and child are gone. :( I am still addicted. Can't believe they managed to pull of such a good expansion, I didn't even though the theme is great and was sceptical when announced lol. I was wrong.

Logged into my Shammy last night for ****s and giggles and i have to say i love their class hall design, right beside the Maelstrom and all the elements swarming around.

Was really excited this morning to get my artifact research yolk! More artifact power!

And after level 7 turns out it adds only 25%, not 75 or 100 anymore. :(
    I guess design wise it would be a bit op and people who played expansion from start would be getting waaaaay more artifact power then the ones joined half way expansion. Ah well, it's still 25%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Was really excited this morning to get my artifact research yolk! More artifact power!

And after level 7 turns out it adds only 25%, not 75 or 100 anymore. :(
    I guess design wise it would be a bit op and people who played expansion from start would be getting waaaaay more artifact power then the ones joined half way expansion. Ah well, it's still 25%.

the further out from the launch of the expansion the more it gains % wise, so it wont be to bad for people who jump in down the road.

That said yea i think im done now, it's not very alt friendly played my hunter the most did all the dungeons and raids, leveled my druid to cap and unlocked the wq again zzzz that was annoying. It's kept me longer than any expansion since WotLK i never thought i would be manning a hunter but i just liked survival so much, i do find the new systems very anti alt in a way especially all reputation locks and the quest chains for profession's i just dont want to do them now and all my char's have had profession's i used. Anyway i had my fun and that's all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah it's tough with alts, I've got 4 and it's a bit of a slog. But that is not a bad thing, and to be honest, it's the community as a whole, their own fault.

Everytime Blizzard go for feedback there is this massive rose tinted nostalgia that comes in play. Legion is a brilliant expansion, but also houses some of those rose tinted myths. Attunement, not being alt friendly, the economy being very expensive and a raft more.

This is what the loud minority/majority wanted and the irony is that is what they are complaining about.

To think there are people genuinely complaining at not having legendaries, not annoyed, but complaining. I'm not raiding this tier due to a new baby in the house, but I'm dieing to get back Mythic raiding next tier if possible. I've loved this expansion and don't see myself dropping of any point soon.

The only thing annoying me is keeping emmisaries complete on four characters. Just when I decided to stop, someone in guild etc gets a legendary from one and I feel I need to keep going. But its a massive time sink. Thats just a nuisance for me, people playing 1-2 chars, they are totally fine.

I'm thinking I might trim back to just having main + alt until I get more time to play and things die down a little. The four char upkeep way too much this expansion, and thats not a bad thing

Advertisement