Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I think its the expanson of a main and 1 alt who you can play to a decent level.

Which is not a bad thing, they dont want the era of folks having multiple accounts with 11 garrisons in each churning out gold and gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Redfox25 wrote: »
    I think its the expanson of a main and 1 alt who you can play to a decent level.

Which is not a bad thing, they dont want the era of folks having multiple accounts with 11 garrisons in each churning out gold and gear.

This is how the game should always have been.

However, after years of it being the opposite of this, I think the sudden change in Legion is the wrong way of doing things.

I'm also loathing having to level up my ****ing weapon. Just gimme the old school talent tree back and lets get this party (re)started!

As you get more AK research on, the AP really starts rolling in. My toon is sitting in her garrison (order hall) and will pull in 4.4k AP passively , well a cost of order resources but those are simple enough to get.

Its not a bad system at all, they didn't want to give us order res. passively which is a bit of a pain for alts as you will have to play them which detracts from your main a bit.

I like the system, not sure about the rank system for the likes of mining, still looking for any level 3 rank so far, I mine regularly, I dont grind for hours at a time but still I should be seeing something at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I still enjoy legion. Finally got my alt mage from warlords. I had it up to 92 with legion invasions back then and only picked it up again recently. I have to say I was spoiled with legion leveling system and it's world and getting back in to warlords was horrible! It dragged so much, I even upgraded leveling gear just to push through those few levels! It's now 102 and omfg fire mages are fecking op. Its funny how in mage hall all you can see is fire mages lol. Its my slow burner alt, so when rested go up a bit more I level up more.

As for my main. I did few mythics today as tank and all was grand. Until i joined +2 wardens one. We were just plagued with crap. Turns out 2 dps barely got bare 150k dps. So we were not able to kill stuff quickly enough. Then best part: at the elevators our instances went out of sync. I could not see the rest of the party, then I fell through the world lol. So party disbanded.
    Then I joined some other group for +2 maw of souls. They asked if I did it before and I said that not a mythic, they were grand, but sceptical. Well, they were fecking beasts and we just steam rolled whole damn thing with lots of time left! 3 chests with feck all in it. Though all lads were sound as hell and I got like 3 items from them. They were definitely good players, even said I did really good there hehe. I actually thanked them for giving me a chance amd not just dropping me and they placed their faith in me correctly hehe. Sound lads and the best pug I had ever. They were mostly same guild though.
    Anyway, that was my first +2 run and I got my item level to 850 with better stats to Prot then holy. I do holy only in lfr now. For mythics I enjoy tanking a lot more.

Sorry for a wall of text, but it was becoming a bit dead here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

WoW has been put on the back foot for me at the moment due to BF1 release.

Literally just logging in to make sure I have AP research going across my three 110s. I'll be back to it in a while but te BF addiction is in full swing for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I've taken a break too, playing Tomb Raider and Witcher.

I'm off next week so i may go back for the Kara stuff.

I started to level a Human Holy Paladin with friends last night. Its a lot of fun. Looking to go zone by zone and really find bits of the story I've missed, especially as I've been Horde since end of Vanilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I often think about starting a new toon and levelling it up the old fashioned way (no looms etc) just questing. But I always get bored and then end up doing dungeons and hammering away until I am max level.
    When I made my first proper toon (dwarf rogue), I levelled her without heirlooms and I didn't even know about dungeons until level 82 or something. It was great. I remember experiencing the game and thinking how awesome all the zones were and how a quest back in an early zone was influencing a quest further on. Ahhh... I wish I could get that wonderment back! :o

It was great. I remember experiencing the game and thinking how awesome all the zones were and how a quest back in an early zone was influencing a quest further on. Ahhh... I wish I could get that wonderment back! :o

I did the same thing during WoD with an Undead Rogue, in that I just quested until 90-odd. It was a lot of fun and you get some lovely transmog items without even trying :pac:

This time I'm doing it with two RL friends who are new to WoW. Should be good fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Currently download wow for the first time. What pve servers have highest enlish/irish population? so I could eventually join some guild after learning about the game.

• Advertisement

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Currently download wow for the first time. What pve servers have highest enlish/irish population? so I could eventually join some guild after learning about the game.

There is a website called EU Realm Pop that shows the various populations of each faction on each server. And it shows ratio of male to female players but nothing for Nationality. I have never been in a guild with other Irish people. I am always the token Irish person. :p Just my experience. I always end up in guilds with lots of UK people and Scandinavians. Some of the other posters here may have more knowledge of Irish/English guilds.

I am on Bronzebeard which is a primarily alliance server and am currently an officer in a guild there. Again, we've a few UK peeps and some Scandinavians. :p My BNet is Pip#2634 if you want to add me. I'm happy to lend a hand if needed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Most Irish people are spread out across all the servers I dont think theres one that has a large Irish population.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Like that idea of levelling a character without heirlooms. I played Horde until WOTLK release and then went Alliance.
    I dropped back on Horde for a bit in MOP for SOO. I do have Horde characters that I barely ever play, but toyed with the idea of levelling one up from scratch without looms through questing, just for the experience and solo play aspect. Something ELSE to do
    I guess though with just so much going on in Legion and my timing all over the place with new baby in the house, I havn't really had the time to plan it out or even do it

Myself and two friends ran The Deadmines as a 3-man, no Heirloom, group consisting of a Holy Paladin (me), a Hunter and a Warlock. Absolutely buckets of fun. Challenging pulls with teamwork to get the job done. Much more enjoyable than the 5man LFG rocket-trip you normally get while levelling.

We plan to do the same for all dungeons we come across. Should be finishing the Westfall quests tomorrow as well, then on to Duskwood or somewhere!

So mew patch landed today.

Is it me or now on weekly reset they give all 3 world quest chests? Or i just had it built up?
    As always world boss droped gold for both rolls.
    So how's karazan worms now? Any attunements? Finding group same as normal mythics? Any gear level requirements for that?
    I am really sickened that I can't play much with my friends as they play at night and I am during the day. So I can't play with them. I don't want to leave guild as they are my real life friends amd we are in to wow since vanilla. So only option for karazan is pug.

Oh yeah, looks like world quests droping beefed up loot now.

Congrats! Two of my buddies (there are 5 of us in our group) already have theirs. Am just waiting for mine to drop. It's gonna happen soon. I know it. :D

That's what I'm telling myself anyway... :o

I got my legendary today!!! :D Opened up my weekly chest in my class hall and there it was! Thundergod's Vigor waist item!

CHUFFED!

See? Convincing myself worked! :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I got my legendary today!!! :D Opened up my weekly chest in my class hall and there it was! Thundergod's Vigor waist item!

CHUFFED!

See? Convincing myself worked! :P

same, got the Legendary cape for my Warrior, delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So mew patch landed today.

Is it me or now on weekly reset they give all 3 world quest chests? Or i just had it built up?

was a bug on patch drop they just didnt fix for EU since US had it too.

TheDoc wrote: »
    was a bug on patch drop they just didnt fix for EU since US had it too.

Really? I though it was just good idea.

Anyway, I did a binge on mythics yesterday. Did like 7 lol. Karazan attunement and only after realised the weekly quest for 4 mythics. :pac:
    Not much gear upgrades, but a lot of AP.
    Just a noob question: you can do normal mythic only once a week amd then you locked out? Does that mean of you do, for example, normal Maw of souls mythic, you can't do maw of souls mythic +2? I know it's noobquestion, but I only now got in to them properly and loving it. Got in To habit doing my own groups. Usually takes less then 5mins.
    On my next off day I'll try to make a karazan group. I am only 853 tank, but I will get similar level group for relaxed, learning group of similar level people. Elitist can feck off.

Oh yeah, in one mythic warrior got his legendary drop. Damn bastard. At least they are getting closer to me. :pac:

You can do a mythic and get locked, then you can do as many mythic plus for the same instance as you have keystones for, so if you rotate in alts, as many times as you want.
    Some of the hardcore raid groups were doing this at the start of the expansion and carrying people along with them who had a keystone. More loot for all.
    As they were capable of pushing the timers they got more by beating the time and getting extra chests.

Have to finish the attunement for Kara but expect it to take 2-3 hours to run it, at least until your group gets used to the fights and the mechanics that is.

• Advertisement

You can do a mythic and get locked, then you can do as many mythic plus for the same instance as you have keystones for, so if you rotate in alts, as many times as you want.
    Some of the hardcore raid groups were doing this at the start of the expansion and carrying people along with them who had a keystone. More loot for all.
    As they were capable of pushing the timers they got more by beating the time and getting extra chests.

Have to finish the attunement for Kara but expect it to take 2-3 hours to run it, at least until your group gets used to the fights and the mechanics that is.

So if I did mythic maw of souls, I can do someone else's maw of souls +2 key? Or only my own?

I got attuned and all for karazan. Did all of it yesterday. I don't get the moaners when it comes to it. Surely if you can't do mythics, you have no place in karazan.
    Next proper day off ill organise a group to go to karazan. Can't wait.

So if I did mythic maw of souls, I can do someone else's maw of souls +2 key? Or only my own?

You could run with your own key and any other key you can get. Farm it as often as you can get a key, use the group finder for peeps who are looking for a group to run it.

Enjoy!

Attack Power is no longer a stat, right?

I had a sword drop in Gnomergan last night (Level 26ish) that has +4 Attack Power on it still.

Okay, I kind of getting pissed off with rng in wow...

1. Still no Legendary, not even a smell of it
    2. World boss today droped gold again. I killed every single one every week with reroll and I only got ONE item so far.
    3. Sow world quest for STR 845i Trinket! Its 10 lvl upgrade for me as I am stuck with 835 for ages at this point. I said as long as its not Mastery, I am sounds! Guess what dropped? Yup, str/mastery... FUUUUUUUUU!
    4. Mythic chest - Mastery neck and Wardens key again! **** off....

Got my Holy Paladin to 101 last night. Very enjoyable. DPS is slow when questing alone so mobs are slow to die, but I am unkillable. Not as powerful soloing as something like Disc Priest was, but the lack of managing that stupid Atonement buff makes up for it.

Played a few random battlegrounds with friends and had a blast healing. The ability to get some DPS in using Judgement > Crusader Strike > Crusader Strike > Holy Fire was handy for a few killing blows here and there. I like the toolkit with the various bubbles and found I was extremely hard to kill. I miss my ranged interrupt from playing a DPS class though.

I think I'll maintain Ret or Prot as a legitimate off-spec (where I don't suck playing it) at 110, but until then I'm just going to heal my way to victory!

A side note: I'm finding it easy to play Holy with two friends new to WoW. They're unrestricted as I can keep them alive as they make mistakes and enjoy the game. Now if I could only get them to stop telling me when their health is low... I can see it boys! I got'chu, fam.

Okay, I kind of getting pissed off with rng in wow...

1. Still no Legendary, not even a smell of it
    2. World boss today droped gold again. I killed every single one every week with reroll and I only got ONE item so far.
    3. Sow world quest for STR 845i Trinket! Its 10 lvl upgrade for me as I am stuck with 835 for ages at this point. I said as long as its not Mastery, I am sounds! Guess what dropped? Yup, str/mastery... FUUUUUUUUU!
    4. Mythic chest - Mastery neck and Wardens key again! **** off....

With you there on those points. I did get a legendary , from a raid of all places, thats all emissary quests since the beginning opened, junk, all the withered army for 5 weeks or more, junk most of the time and the mythic plus weekly chest too, mainly crappy gear with the wrong stats.

I think they should bring back reforging to allow us to move some of the secondary stats to more attractive ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

With you there on those points. I did get a legendary , from a raid of all places, thats all emissary quests since the beginning opened, junk, all the withered army for 5 weeks or more, junk most of the time and the mythic plus weekly chest too, mainly crappy gear with the wrong stats.

I think they should bring back reforging to allow us to move some of the secondary stats to more attractive ones.

Theres been some rumours going around that they're going to bring reforging back.

Would welcome it with arms wide open.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Theres been some rumours going around that they're going to bring reforging back.

For sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Vicxas wrote: »

it really is needed i had some great on my character except for the actually stat i needed >_<

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Blizz have certainly upped their game with the notes from 7.15 and 7.2. Loads of content coming this time, with some really good sounding changes as well. Plus, class mounts :)

Formatting is terrible, but whatever.
    Patch 7.1.5 a small content patch.
    • Pandaria Dungeons are part of timewalking.
    • Brawler's Guild returns
    • Micro Holidays - a holiday, but smaller. Little events that don't give you toys or power, but just offer fun things to do. Just fun, wacky things to bring more life to the world.
    • Ahn'Qiraj Rememberence Day. Jan 22, 2006, the gates of AQ opened for the first time. Turn in more Silithus parts and get your faction's banner flown in Silithus for the next year.
    • Volunteer Guard Day. Wave to a guard and switch places
    • Hatching of they Hippogryphs. Pepe-style thing to follow you around.
    • Boat Day.
    • Blade's Edge Arena Update
    • Update
    • Voice over announcer
    • Class Updates
    • Increasing talent diversity
    • Secondary Stats. Haste vs. Mastery vs. Crit. +15 ilvls should be an upgrade
    • Improving "feel" of classes
    • Returning Abilities to flesh out toolkits. eg. Hunters should have traps, and traps will be returning for non-survival hunters. We elevated spec identity instead of class identity. Shroud of Concealment is happening again (thank goodness).
    • Purchasable catch up mechanics. (with in-game currency, I believe he said Order Hall Resources)
    7.1.5 will be released SoonTM. PTR right after BlizzCon.

Patch 7.2
    • The Tomb of Sargeras
    • Continue the Class Order Campaign. Where "Horde" and "Alliance" failed, the Class Orders will succeed.
    • New Faction: Armies of Legionfall
    • New World Quests - class focused world quests set in the broken shore area.
    • In 7.2 we need to claim a foodhold and then bulk it up, reminiscent of patch 2.4. We'll be building up old elven ruins into functional buildings.
    • Players can contribute to building different buildings.
    • Legion Assaults
    • Inspired by pre-launch invasion event
    • Broken Isles zones under attack.
    • Disables all world quests in zone, skybox goes dark, it's scary.
    • New world quests are available to clean up the area.
    • Join 3 player scenario onto the legion star destroyer
    • Flying
    • Broken Isles Pathfinder Achievement part 2
    • Defender of the broken isles, Legion Commander, Explore Broken shore, Breaching the Tomb.
    • Custom Class Mount - /u/HellfireKyuubi posted a gallery of them and other things.
    • Tiger for monks
    • Warlock new felmount
    • Wolfbirdthing for Hunters
    • Warriors get a protodrak
    • Mage flying disc
    • Paladin Horse
    • Rogue raven
    • Priest Gryphon
    • Shaman Air elemental
    • Druid owl
    • DH demon bat
    • DK undead dragon
    • New Raid Tomb of Sargeras
    • 9 boss raid
    • Descent into tomb and harness the Pillars of Creation
    • More than just black and green stuff.
    • 4 parts: Cathedral, Flooded Caves, Elven Wing, Part 4.
    • Some bosses revealed
    • Fallen Avatar of Sargeras
    • Kil'jaedon himself awaits us
    • New Dungeon Cathedral of Eternal Night
    • 4 bosses including a Fel Tree
    • Available in Heroic, Mythic, Mythic +
    • Ascend and use the Aegis of Aggramar
    • PvP
    • PvP Brawls, inspired by other blizz games (Hearthstone, OW, HotS)
    • Not necessarily every week, but lets you do PvP in a new different way
    • Add variation with casual BGs, and experiment with new ideas. And have fun!
    • Tarren Mill makes a return. 40v40 hilsbrad craziness
    • Warsong Gulch with capping whenever
    • Packed House - 15v15 arena. Is it balanced? I can promise it won't be.
    • Gravity Lapse in EotS
    • Winter Arathi Basin. Very "cool". You can only see 50 or 60 yards, LM obsolete. All water frozen. "Cool" twist.
    • Eye of the Horn. Eye of the Storm, but everyone is on a Ram mount.
    • Editor comment - these sound hilarious
    • Artifacts
    • All-new artifact traits
    • 4th point in existing minor traits
    • New knowledge levels
    • Alt Friendliness is a consideration. Catch-up mechanisms will be purchasables
    • Relics that modify multiple traits (showed an ilvl 950 item)
    • Continuation of Artifact questline
    • One new appearance for each weapon
    • Inspired by Rhok'delar questline / Green Fire questline, etc.
    • Amazing Guardian appearance
    • Warriors get a flail for Prot.
    • Dungeon Updates
    • Baseline Heroic / Mythic dungeon adjustment. Difficulty and rewards increase.
    • Upper and Lower Karazhan ( Mythic+ / Heroic)
    • Queuable Heroics for Court of Stars and Arcway
    • New Keystone Affices. Bursting. When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 20% of their max helth in damage over 4 sec.

Patch 7.2 coming Soontm right after 7.1.5 on PTR.

Beyond 7.2

We will be going to Argus.

This tale is far from over. World of Warcraft isn't going to be ending any time soon.

Advertisement