Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Haven't played WoW years but this expansion is tempting me to give it another go, how are you guys finding the game?

Think the last time I played was a few months after Cataclysm was released, just wondering if I get Legion will I be able to access the areas from MoP and WoD or would I need to purchase those expansions too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Think the last time I played was a few months after Cataclysm was released, just wondering if I get Legion will I be able to access the areas from MoP and WoD or would I need to purchase those expansions too?

I know as a newcomer you buy the main game for €15 which gets you all the expansions up to Legion. That lets you play to level 100, then you'll need to buy the Legion expansion. So my guess is that if you're coming back you'll probably pay €15 to get MoP and WoD.

As for the expansion, I've been enjoying the story side of it so far. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to properly dive into it over the last few months so maybe one of the other lads could give you a better insight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Haven't played WoW years but this expansion is tempting me to give it another go, how are you guys finding the game?

Best expansion in a long time but I got bored after 5-6 weeks myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Oh thank goodness for catch up mechanics. I'm slow when it comes to MMOs. Very slow. But I have been finding it fun. Just grinding order hall resources is something I've been putting off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Oh thank goodness for catch up mechanics. I'm slow when it comes to MMOs. Very slow. But I have been finding it fun. Just grinding order hall resources is something I've been putting off.

If you have spare blood of sargeras handy, turn them into 200 OR each in dalaran.

Its very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I did :D Then I burnt through them doing the missions! I really haven't been playing enough to complain though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Flying again? A **** that, it will become single player game again. :( I really enjoyed seeing people going on their business around world.

Anyway, my day off last Thursday was canceled by one of the chefs pulling her back on night out during bank holiday... So I worked 8 days flat out and only got my day off today.
    Did usual world quest stuff and did my +2 wardens for 2 chests. We had beasty group and I we didn't managed 3 chests at all. Then got thicket +4. We found new healer and dod that with good few minutes spare, but only 1 chest. No upgrades and no legendaries as always.
    On the other side I got my Mage to 110. Killed world boss and got 860 back lol. My paladin is just cursed. The only explanation.

New patch notes look cool. A lot of stuff, but I am just afraid I'll get overwhelmed with it.

I am off ( well... On paper at least) for next 3 days. So moght finally try to get that group for karazan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Haven't played in a few weeks myself, but i think i'm gonna come back and level my Hpala or Shammy, haven't decided yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Vicxas wrote: »
    Haven't played in a few weeks myself, but i think i'm gonna come back and level my Hpala or Shammy, haven't decided yet.

Been very much away since BF1 launch myself. Started back last night and was enjoying it again. Did 2 of my 3 faction WQ - third being damn nightfallen of which I havn't started the quest line properly.
    Have you ever tried to do nightfallen WQ in the city without having the mask? I think I'd rather take a $hit in my hands and clap.
    That said, it has spurred me on to do said quests :pac:

Noxin wrote: »
    Been very much away since BF1 launch myself. Started back last night and was enjoying it again. Did 2 of my 3 faction WQ - third being damn nightfallen of which I havn't started the quest line properly.
    Have you ever tried to do nightfallen WQ in the city without having the mask? I think I'd rather take a $hit in my hands and clap.
    That said, it has spurred me on to do said quests :pac:

Jesus wept the amount of times i got popped without the mask and pulling half the city trying to escape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I am really enjoying Paladin. Between Random Battlegrounds/Dungeons as Holy to questing and levelling as Retribution, it's just a lot of fun. I miss having Exorcism as a Holy Paladin though.

It's also annoying having to split what little AP I have between two weapons in order to not leave myself at some sort of disadvantage. I like the idea of the Artifact weapon, but am still not a fan of how they implemented the Artifact power/Talents aspect to it.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I am really enjoying Paladin. Between Random Battlegrounds/Dungeons as Holy to questing and levelling as Retribution, it's just a lot of fun. I miss having Exorcism as a Holy Paladin though.

It's also annoying having to split what little AP I have between two weapons in order to not leave myself at some sort of disadvantage. I like the idea of the Artifact weapon, but am still not a fan of how they implemented the Artifact power/Talents aspect to it.

Hows Holy in Dungeons, i know they're more focused on Tank healing.

Hows Holy in Dungeons, i know they're more focused on Tank healing.

Baring in mind I'm levelling, and only 108, I've found them to be stupidly strong.

Beacon on the Tank takes care of them entirely, leaving you to worry about 3 other DPS and yourself. The various Aura talents (particularly Devotion Aura for a 20% damage reduction/player #) are very strong. With the bubbles, blessings and single target heals, I'm finding it easy to keep everyone topped up and dish out some sweet delicious justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Baring in mind I'm levelling, and only 108, I've found them to be stupidly strong.

Beacon on the Tank takes care of them entirely, leaving you to worry about 3 other DPS and yourself. The various Aura talents (particularly Devotion Aura for a 20% damage reduction/player #) are very strong. With the bubbles, blessings and single target heals, I'm finding it easy to keep everyone topped up and dish out some sweet delicious justice.

Any holy pallys I have seen in dungeon pugs have been very OP too. We dont have one in our raid group atm which is a pity but any pug one, even in decent gear or not so decent has not had any issues and can top the dps meters too on some fights.

Really regret taking the healing weapon as my first artifact. Levelling is going to be so slow as a resto Shammy until i hit 102

Really regret taking the healing weapon as my first artifact. Levelling is going to be so slow as a resto Shammy until i hit 102

Just be happy in the knowledge that your Restoration Lava Burst hits harder then the Elemental Lava Burst.

...I wish I was joking.

Just be happy in the knowledge that your Restoration Lava Burst hits harder then the Elemental Lava Burst.

...I wish I was joking.

I heard, which is insanity.

Elemental will probably get a big buff in next patch

Got my very very first Legendary on my Paladin. :cool: I guess better VERY late then never. :pac: Its Tank spec chest. Haste/versatility.

I guess my insomnia that I got lately payed off. :)

Got my very very first Legendary on my Paladin. :cool: I guess better VERY late then never. :pac: Its Tank spec chest. Haste/versatility.

I guess my insomnia that I got lately payed off. :)

Its a great feeling isnt it :)

I'm leveling my Shammy atm as an ENH, and the melee is so satisfying. Looking forward to healing at 110 tho.

• Advertisement

Its a great feeling isnt it :)

I'm leveling my Shammy atm as an ENH, and the melee is so satisfying. Looking forward to healing at 110 tho.

It is, but feck it, its overdue! I played Legions since launch and played as much as IRL gave me a chance and only got it now! Ironically from world boss too! :pac: So far the fecker droped me 2 items between 2 characters and I kill the fecker every week!

I am pretty sure me getting Legendary is something to do with update and all the stuff under the hood. Maybe they just give Legendaries to people like me, who have RNG skill of -9000. If not that I would not see Legendary ever!

It is, but feck it, its overdue! I played Legions since launch and played as much as IRL gave me a chance and only got it now! Ironically from world boss too! :pac: So far the fecker droped me 2 items between 2 characters and I kill the fecker every week!

I am pretty sure me getting Legendary is something to do with update and all the stuff under the hood. Maybe they just give Legendaries to people like me, who have RNG skill of -9000. If not that I would not see Legendary ever!

I'm still waiting on my first legendary across three characters. Not a single drop. Also every week since they've started, I've downed the world bosses on all characters and have not had a single drop bar gold, even with bonus rolls.
    Last few weeks I'm not playing as much as I was though.

Feelsbadman. :pac:

LEWL. So after my rant earlier I killed todays world boss and got shoulders. Then I did my WQs and got a legendary. WTF. I should rant more often.

Noxin wrote: »
    LEWL. So after my rant earlier I killed todays world boss and got shoulders. Then I did my WQs and got a legendary. WTF. I should rant more often.

With that kind of luck i think i should rant more often too!

I've been playing my Monk lately. Mistweaver is very powerful in 5man content. Looking to take it in to Mythic+ when I'm geared up enough.

Got my Brewmaster Artifact as well... but I've absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I just hit all the buttons and somehow didn't die.

I've been playing my Monk lately. Mistweaver is very powerful in 5man content. Looking to take it in to Mythic+ when I'm geared up enough.

Got my Brewmaster Artifact as well... but I've absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I just hit all the buttons and somehow didn't die.

Well done as BM is meant to be the hardest Tank to use.

I'm afraid to do mythic with my warrior as the M+ community is so bloody toxic.

Well done as BM is meant to be the hardest Tank to use.

I'm afraid to do mythic with my warrior as the M+ community is so bloody toxic.

If you're Horde I'll heal it with you when I'm geared. I couldn't really give two ****s how long it takes.

Brewmaster uses Stagger, to delay damage, and I guess drinks/buffs to negate that damage or something. I don't really know. The quest itself wasn't too hard, just a run through Temple of the Jade Serpent so I would imagine anyone would be able to do it.

I'll read up on Icy Veins and maybe quest with it this weekend to get the hang of it. Then do some dungeons. Maybe. :D

RopeDrink wrote: »
    So, I'm doing pretty well for myself.

Main (War) is 879 Prot with double legendaries, while I'm rocking an 888 level weapon on Arms Warrior (80% Mastery, 20% Haste, assuming I downgrade to 870il to emphasize main stats). My prot is literally 1.5 abilities away from making the final push for the 'fully upgraded weapon' last node (which is +5% passive armour upgrade if I remember right), so she's fine for getting level 10 mythics once a week, but not tanky enough to make it a regular thing.

Alt (Paladin) is 860 prot with a legendary (finally). Farming mythics as Arms when not in the mood to tank, yet she can't break over 250k DPS without pre-pots and CD's/Lucky procs, no matter how much I tweak playstyle or research into stats, but I'm working on it.

Finally got Curve, so that should open up a few doors seeing as everyone and their mother considers it a requirement to pretty much everything. Would be easier signing up as a tank rather than off-spec DPS but I'm not in the mood for full tank raids that provide lesser rewards when I can do higher mythics and get better stuff with less effort.

Game is still enjoyable, but I've finally hit the overplayed stage where I can now put it down and focus elsewhere, comfortable in the knowledge I'm ready for (almost) anything.

AOTC checking drives me nuts, it does not mean you are better than someone who doesn't.

Levelling my Resto Shammy, enjoying the healing but I do miss tanking.

Read a great AMA on the WoW Reddit with the Method guild. Very eye-opening on what it takes to be in the world first race. They each have 5 alts of the same class, and split them across raids for gearing up ASAP. That's nuts!

I now have a Monk, Paladin and Mage at 110, with a Priest and Shaman between 100 and 110. Really loving Arcane Mage. I'm not very good at it yet, but there's something very enjoyable about the raw burst power it has if you just go nuts and it's seriously fun!

I've been playing a lot of random BGs with two real life friends. The new system of nullifying ilvl/stats is the best feature of Legion. Still wish you had PvP sets to aim for with all the farming, though, even just for transmog!

Going to keep playing the Mage and try get him in to Mythic+ with the lads and hopefully Rated BGs. Never done Rated BGs, so hopefully not as elitest as Arena seems to be. I just want people to hold Farm in Arathi Basin, please! :pac:

• Advertisement

Been running with my Resto Shaman, a lot less stress healing thank tanking for some reason :)

Might go back to my warrior at some stage.

Advertisement