Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Let your ak build up a few levels and that will help alot. The game is a bit weird atm pre the new raid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Vicxas wrote: »
    Cannot agree more, for a dad of 1 my time (and patience) is limited. So to have to fly to Highmountain to kill a mob for 700K AP is a pain in the right one right now.

I'm a Dad of two. Second came along just a few weeks after Legion launch and ruined my raiding plans :D

Thankfully joined a good guild with friends recently, passed my trial and last night just moved to 9/10M :)

But I still am frustrated from the limited time I have I have to focus on this rubbish, boring **** that is giving marginal gains to my main. I love the raiding and gearing up process on alts, and I'm missing it so much.

I'd typically hope alts or jump through them at will previously, get them geared to a point then move to another one. We are contemplating moving faction and server shortly, and I think along with my main, I'll just have one alt, since it;s unrealistic for me to try maintain anything else.

I'm also looking at a Demon Hunter, since it has one DPS spec only, so I can just dump everything in there to also reduce hassle and stress

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Let your ak build up a few levels and that will help alot. The game is a bit weird atm pre the new raid.

Well to not feel like a slacker or falling behind, I'm pretty much doing what most in the guild are doing.

I can't really afford to just not do anything for a few AK levels as that's potentially two weeks or more.

Full Mythic 0 clear
    Mythic +10
    Random M+ for AP
    Full LFR Clear
    All raids cleared (EN N/H, TOV N/H, EN N/H/M)
    Emissary clear each day
    Full AP WQ clear

That's basically what I need to do, and those are weekly or daily tasks and leave me little room for anything else outside of raid schedule.

I actually don't have the time for all the above, but trying to do it week to week. Really feeling the burn : /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ran some HC Nighthold for the first time last night, got CA,Trilliax and Auriel done. Was doing some OK healing i thought didnt have the movements down but my overall healing was only 3-4% behind the other healers.

I then got a whisper saying my HPS was too low and they were gonna kick me.

Was a bit annoying but i got a relic from it, so we learn and go again.

Ran some HC Nighthold for the first time last night, got CA,Trilliax and Auriel done. Was doing some OK healing i thought didnt have the movements down but my overall healing was only 3-4% behind the other healers.

I then got a whisper saying my HPS was too low and they were gonna kick me.

Was a bit annoying but i got a relic from it, so we learn and go again.

Really at that point in the tier where people might be expecting X numbers and if they dont see them, then its a kick.

It's at that stage where pug leaders just won't be taking risks and the likes. Can't say I overly blame them. I know it sucks coming in at this stage, but its getting towards end of tier.

I'm at the point where I'm barely logging on between raids, not good to maintain AP farm for my raidspot which is a concern.

Guild is considering server swop and a faction change. Kinda want it to happen aSAP so I can level a new alt, and put my focus into that. Need something fresh to keep my interested, think a Demon Hunter ticks those boxes.

Fun class, good numbers and with only one DPS spec can dump all my AP and legendaries into the one thing without messing.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Really at that point in the tier where people might be expecting X numbers and if they dont see them, then its a kick.

It's at that stage where pug leaders just won't be taking risks and the likes. Can't say I overly blame them. I know it sucks coming in at this stage, but its getting towards end of tier.

I'm at the point where I'm barely logging on between raids, not good to maintain AP farm for my raidspot which is a concern.

Guild is considering server swop and a faction change. Kinda want it to happen aSAP so I can level a new alt, and put my focus into that. Need something fresh to keep my interested, think a Demon Hunter ticks those boxes.

Fun class, good numbers and with only one DPS spec can dump all my AP and legendaries into the one thing without messing.

Where are thinking of moving to? Might reroll and join you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gocc52

are there any of you guys playin wow for fun, you know, just came for some dungeons, music, chats, chillin after work, i was in deadly guild, we played raids but it was without pressure, you know just all dropped in, laughin, talkin, was pretty cool.....
    when you wroted everything what you need to do it sounds like homework ;)
    tryin to found some social guild , from dublin, or at least ireland on twisting nether, horde....
    if you know some of them pls share it, thx

Havent seen many Irish guilds around. We had one, the Red Branch on AD but its gone dormant atm.
    Good luck with the search.

Where are thinking of moving to? Might reroll and join you guys.

Hasn't been decided yet. I'd imagine after Guldan mythic guild will chat again. I actually got some impressions it wont happen so started levelling an alliance alt (wasn't touching alts until there was a decision) but then heard last night it might be back on.

So not really sure what the story is : /

Hasn't been decided yet. I'd imagine after Guldan mythic guild will chat again. I actually got some impressions it wont happen so started levelling an alliance alt (wasn't touching alts until there was a decision) but then heard last night it might be back on.

So not really sure what the story is : /

Come to Argent Dawn, we have beer and ERP lol

Seriously tho, bit the bullet and healed some mid level (8) Mythic+ yesterday, didn't know what i was scared about. If a DPS dies they apologise and tanks don't pull the entire room, its a bloody revelation!

• Advertisement

Yep, AD is great.

Come Horde or go home!

If we get some boardsies on AD then we might do something in game. AD is a friendly busy server and new folks are always good. PM me if you want my battletag for a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

AD ... yeah, never go to Goldshire.

ToS announced the day after my current guild kills Guldan Mythic, has a clear the air talks, and then a mass exodus of core raiders.

lul

ToS announced the day after my current guild kills Guldan Mythic, has a clear the air talks, and then a mass exodus of core raiders.

lul

That sucks but grats on Guldan mythic.

lul

Ouch, that sucks.

That sucks but grats on Guldan mythic.

I was on the bench for it :(

I was on the bench for it :(

Your boned so.

:(

Sorry for your loss.

Another guild falls to the Gul'Dan Mythic curse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

RopeDrink wrote: »
    WoW went from my most played (Legion) to a substitute game at the back of the 'now playing' queue just before Gul'Dan even arrived. I had played so much that logging in felt like a chore - main was in 900il gear (pre the new gear spike back when Mythic14-15 was your standard weekly).

Gul'Dan patch hit and I just dove back into FFXIV (new expansion very soon), and seems I also missed the followup that lands you on Broken Shore v2. Had a bit of a jaunt around BShore and managed to see the new dungeon - but there's just not much there to keep me interested as it has clearly kept going on this AP grinding train where now you need 30-50million AP just to get the next node. It encourages single-spec play (which I don't have a problem with - I do like the purist approach provided it's handled well), but two of the other MMORPGs I play involve all classes on one character, or at the very least, cross-class abilities - WoW being alts and tri-spec can get a bit annoying).

Ultimately, it was a good and enjoyable run - but until the 'next big thing' happens, I can't see myself playing it much anymore. I did manage to squeeze some fun PvP videos out of it, though, mostly at the timeless strand (of all places) URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlswcyaSJ40"]1[/URL URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mZxPsHbmj4"]2[/URL URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztoQYnrlfe8"]3[/URL.

I know what you mean, i am in two minds on whether to unsub. I don't have anything to replace it with realistically.

I am more of a pvp player so something like FF while fun being a pure PVE game is not my cup of tea.

• Advertisement

In the same boat too, bought DOW 3 the other night, thats 20-40 hours of fun away for wow for me in the short term.

Finding it hard to motivate myself in wow atm, changed guild twice this year , first one broke up from raiding due to drama and the second one is a mythic guild that does mostly mythic raiding. I thought I could get in on the mythic plus runs but cant be bothered so far. Not sure if its burn out or boredom (which is nearly the same thing I know) or what.
    Next few weeks will see.

I've been hitting the brick walls that are HC pugs in the Nighthold, twice I helped 2 separate groups reach Gul'Dan (Took about 3 hours each time due to wasters quitting after 1 wipe and backfilling).

And each time we reach the third phase of Gul'dan people tunnel vision and don't soak the souls for Black Harvest or don't move when they have flames or even worse don't help with Bonds.

Reaching the end of my tether with this bloody game to be completely honest.

I've been hitting the brick walls that are HC pugs in the Nighthold, twice I helped 2 separate groups reach Gul'Dan (Took about 3 hours each time due to wasters quitting after 1 wipe and backfilling).

And each time we reach the third phase of Gul'dan people tunnel vision and don't soak the souls for Black Harvest or don't move when they have flames or even worse don't help with Bonds.

Reaching the end of my tether with this bloody game to be completely honest.

With you a 100% with the heroic pugging bit. Its such a pita really.

You really need a good heroic raid guild that doesnt have the drama, burn out or crap players that make you want to move on.

With Legion and the AP grind and other bits, alot of these guilds have fallen apart, which is an awful pity, the game has lost a bit of its fun.
    Thats my 2c in any case.

Changes and hotfixes coming to make AP catchup a lot faster, and AP in general a lost faster. They are short of admitting they made a mistake with it, but definitly making changes that acknowledge they havn't done it well.

Changes and hotfixes coming to make AP catchup a lot faster, and AP in general a lost faster. They are short of admitting they made a mistake with it, but definitly making changes that acknowledge they havn't done it well.

Will definitely help with the burnout, but is it too little too late.

Personally i think the gap now between Tomb and whatever is coming in 7.3 will tell us a lot about where WoW is going.

Anyone tried the "Death of Chromie" scenario yet, its an exercise in wanting to pull your hair out.

Anyone tried the "Death of Chromie" scenario yet, its an exercise in wanting to pull your hair out.

Withered army training mark 2!

Its a distraction for a few hours , cant see myself doing it on more than one toon as its just a mini game.

Withered army training mark 2!

Its a distraction for a few hours , cant see myself doing it on more than one toon as its just a mini game.

Absolutely, the bloody thing will be the death of me.

Running it on my main, after that i think ill be ok not running it on my alts.

Absolutely, the bloody thing will be the death of me.

Running it on my main, after that i think ill be ok not running it on my alts.

The rewards are meh, its not like you need to run it at all, unless you like slightly different coloured transmog. Bit of a pity, if it could reward gear at the end from a chest wtih a chance of legendaries that would be more of a reason to do it. (In my view).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there at least a chance of a nice mount like with the Withered Training?

Advertisement