Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Cheers mate

What does she get with the Digital Deluxe Edition compared to the Standard Edition?

Just some in game stuff like a fancy new mount and some other stuff that I consider irrelevant like in game portraits for other Blizzard games.

If she doesnt need the mount the standard version would be fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm considering a return after my longest ever break which was about 2 months into the last expansion release.

I just don't have time to raid anymore but my problem is raiding was the reason I logged in for so many years.
    Id love some pve content that wasn't so time consuming yet I could progress my character/characters.
    Is there anything coming that might cater for a player like me?

Id consider myself a decent player, especially healer for some reason I always enjoyed it and done well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Just got beta access, not sure how loong i had it for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

How do you get access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Calhoun wrote: »
    Just got beta access, not sure how loong i had it for.

I probably wouldn't bother at this point unless there is something specific you want to test. I've deleted my beta client. The pre-patch probably isn't too far away which will add all class changes.
    Texas Jack wrote: »
    How do you get access?
    Random invites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Forget beta, download the PTR and you can play the pre-patch which has all the class revamps already in place. Only thing it's missing is the Legion area and levelling, but at least it's open to everyone :)

My Client was prepping for a patch when i launched the game today, looks like the pre-patch will be soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I messed around on the PTR last night, and the animations are so much better. Almost feels like a different game for melee classes.

Also, those extended view distances are great :)

Kiith wrote: »
    I messed around on the PTR last night, and the animations are so much better. Almost feels like a different game for melee classes.

Also, those extended view distances are great :)

They changed MW Monk so that the staff on your back now appears like all other casters in the game, and it irks me! I loved my little upside down staff look. :'(

MagicIRL wrote: »
    They changed MW Monk so that the staff on your back now appears like all other casters in the game, and it irks me! I loved my little upside down staff look. :'(

Its the small things that ruins the experience for you. My Dwarf Warriors' weapons clip through the ground.... and it bothers me way more than it should.

• Advertisement

Another little change that's already pissed me off is you now need to visit the Transmog NPC in order to turn your Helm/Cape (and shoulders now) display on or off. No more on the fly changes.

Another little change that's already pissed me off is you now need to visit the Transmog NPC in order to turn your Helm/Cape (and shoulders now) display on or off. No more on the fly changes.

WHAT!?

That's downright bothersome.... its the bloody first thing that i do on each new character.

Autoloot - Check
    Hide helm/cloak - Check
    Block guild invites - Check

First things you need to do on all new characters :)

Noxin wrote: »
    I probably wouldn't bother at this point unless there is something specific you want to test. I've deleted my beta client. The pre-patch probably isn't too far away which will add all class changes.

Random invites.

It's a long way off launch so I'm going to explore the beta see I'd rhe game is worth it. Ptr is unbalanced as **** right now so hard to tell what it's really like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

Tried Beta today, personally really liked it considering I had to use old style bars (irks the crap out of me and feels so wrong) and I also decided to create a random toon not with by my main spec so that I didn't spoil it for myself. It was a little slow at times but that was to be expected. It was the first time in a long while that I actually followed some of the story during the quest line too - I have a habit of just click and go, get through stuff as fast as possible. Overall I am happy enough with what I have seen... just trying to decide how much of it I will let myself play before the release haha. I am not afraid of loosing progress because I went in with the idea of exploring and not trying to achieve anything but I am wary of seeing too much that I won't then be surprised about later on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As a non subscriber is there any way to access the beta?

Dcully wrote: »
    As a non subscriber is there any way to access the beta?

I don't personally know the answer but they talk about it in this thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13272427306

hope that helps!

The joke of it is that most folk i know until the lastwave that got access were people with no sub, it looked liked they used beta as a marketting campaign.

Technically you should be eligible, you should check your bnet account.

Massive 18Gb prepatch loading on my pc now.

Looks like it'll be live Tuesday.

Snap with mine Vicxas!

Btw, I dunno if it helps with the subscription/beta convo but I am playing since Dec 12 and currently have a paid subscription but about a year ago I took a break for a few months so I have not had a continuous run since I started. I also had about 6months were I earned my tokens so didn't officially pay anything.

• Advertisement

Snap with mine Vicxas!

Btw, I dunno if it helps with the subscription/beta convo but I am playing since Dec 12 and currently have a paid subscription but about a year ago I took a break for a few months so I have not had a continuous run since I started. I also had about 6months were I earned my tokens so didn't officially pay anything.

I've been a regular sub for the last few years. Do you contribute on their forums? That seems to get you more of a chance of a beta key.

With the game proper releasing next month i reckon i can wait.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I've been a regular sub for the last few years. Do you contribute on their forums? That seems to get you more of a chance of a beta key.

With the game proper releasing next month i reckon i can wait.

Nope, I have never posted on the forum. I think I was a random selection!

I have played beta today for about 2 hours, maybe 3 at a push, and got the little taster that has me happy enough. I won't be playing any more of it because I don't want to ruin it.

I have played beta today for about 2 hours, maybe 3 at a push, and got the little taster that has me happy enough. I won't be playing any more of it because I don't want to ruin it.

Good way to be. No point in burning yourself out before the actual release :)

I'm looking forward to Legion... but I am not looking forward to launch on Tarren Mill again. Any of you boardsies on my friends list who are Horde... prepare to be spammed for a group invite! :pac:

This was attempting to get your Garrison on Tarren Mill, launch night of WOD.

dl6WpeJ.jpg

Pretty much what I did. Ran it as far as opening the class hall. Was done after that and happy enough that I'll buy it.

I'm looking forward to Legion... but I am not looking forward to launch on Tarren Mill again. Any of you boardsies on my friends list who are Horde... prepare to be spammed for a group invite! :pac:

God, i remember the launch on Argent Dawn.
    Place in queue: 6959

And then you couldn't get into your Garrison, flight crashed the game and generally the game ran like crap.

Great times.

All the bugs, all the lag, all the queues, but my god does the world feel alive on launch night. The general buzz of excitement and hive of activity as people buzz around in every direction, the playing field levelled once again.

I have a 9-5 now, but I know I'll be working from home when Legion finally launches :pac:

Isn't that why you get dismounted at certain NPC's now? I figured they did it to stop the above from happening.

I'm going to miss out on most of the pre-patch, so i've been playing around in the PTR a bit. Definitely some good improvements, and looking forward to trying out some of the classes at launch. Demo Warlock especially seems like fun, and a big step up from what it was like (i hated metamorphosis with a passion).

Definitely taking a day or two off to play though.

Massive 18Gb prepatch loading on my pc now.

Looks like it'll be live Tuesday.

Doubt it'll be this Tuesday tbh. It's more looking like 19th to coincide with the pvp season end.

• Advertisement

Doubt it'll be this Tuesday tbh. It's more looking like 19th to coincide with the pvp season end.

Looks like you're right. Standard maintenance this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

God, i remember the launch on Argent Dawn.

And then you couldn't get into your Garrison, flight crashed the game and generally the game ran like crap.

Great times.

There was some terrible lag and disconnection issues for about a week after WoD launched on all servers. I'm on Shadowsong which is fairly low population and couldnt get into my garrison at all for about 3 days after launch. Good times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have been think about coming back to WoW for a while so I decided to chance by arm and drop a mail to support to see would they give me a weeks game time. fair play to them because they did.. Been on for a while earlier but just dont feel the love foe wow anymore..:(

Glebee wrote: »
    Have been think about coming back to WoW for a while so I decided to chance by arm and drop a mail to support to see would they give me a weeks game time. fair play to them because they did.. Been on for a while earlier but just dont feel the love foe wow anymore..:(

Don't force yourself to come back if you're not enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Glebee

Don't force yourself to come back if you're not enjoying it.

Cant see myself getting back into it..

Glebee wrote: »
    Cant see myself getting back into it..

It can get like that some times.

I took a break back during most of Cata and the start of Pandaria, i was just not interested in the game at all. Was playing a good bit of SWTOR too.

But then one day a few years later I got a mail from Blizz with 14 days free, and once I killed my first mob and that sound of gold being picked up I was pulled straight back in.

• Advertisement

Pretty much what I did. Ran it as far as opening the class hall. Was done after that and happy enough that I'll buy it.

haha that is literally where I stopped too!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    There was some terrible lag and disconnection issues for about a week after WoD launched on all servers. I'm on Shadowsong which is fairly low population and couldnt get into my garrison at all for about 3 days after launch. Good times!

I won't spoil anything but if the start is the same as it was in Beta (more than likely but sure you never know how they tweak things) then I think they are trying to prempt the madness that was WoD launch, they put something in place which I think might help. Then again, it will still be crazy.

Ahh expansion launch is always a complete clusterfcuk. I usually just wait until a day later to play :P

I was planning on taking a day or two off at launch, but now i've been booked in to do 3 full days of MSCE exams instead :/

So i'll miss any potential issues, but will have to wait till the weekend.

Kiith wrote: »
    I was planning on taking a day or two off at launch, but now i've been booked in to do 3 full days of MSCE exams instead :/

So i'll miss any potential issues, but will have to wait till the weekend.

Ill be working late so ill try get an hour in the morning when my little lad naps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The joke of it is that most folk i know until the lastwave that got access were people with no sub, it looked liked they used beta as a marketting campaign.

Technically you should be eligible, you should check your bnet account.

Beta has been marketing hype since MOP to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ahh expansion launch is always a complete clusterfcuk. I usually just wait until a day later to play :P

WoD was actually pretty ok if memory serves. I know there was issues but I got through it fine.

I've done my traditional "book a week of work" shtick. Actually has me at around 14 days off. Want to get my main and alt pre-raid in this time if possible. Issues with Warlocks have me seriously concerned that I might not enjoy the class anymore. Havn't heard any posititvity from the Warlock community, just a wealth of issues. Obviously be better when I get some hands on. But from the PTR doing broken shores, I was less then impressed with the changes.

I also think they've mentioned a few times they have made concerted effort to ensure a smooth launch. So auto dismounting on specific NPS that trigger stuff, multi tagging of mobs, and stronger phasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

dl6WpeJ.jpg

I remember this well :pac:

Thankfully Terenas is still quiet as far as I'm aware.

So the Prepatch is Wednesday, but the Legion invasion stuff wont be there. Its coming in the next few weeks it seems.

It will have to be quicker than that if they want people to stand a chance of earning some of the gearsets.

It will have to be quicker than that if they want people to stand a chance of earning some of the gearsets.

Absolutely, I hope it'll be next week.

I fly out on Wednesday, and won't get to play for at least 2 weeks :/

Hopefully I'll have enough time to get stuck in on my return. Don't really want to miss another pre-patch event.

It's just transmog sets no?
    the invasions might just continue randomly during legion to allow collection. Dunno though.

==edit== Nevermind. I see the gear as an ilvl 700 applied to it as well. Thats nice. I got bored during WoD so never did any sort of raiding outside of Kazzak. Also used my 100 boost on a mage that I've not geared much at all. At least I'll have something to do for a few weeks :)

Even if it was blizz love their limited time only gear.

The changes to Disc priests are nuts, gonna take me ages to get used to it

I dread having to redo my bars this evening :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement