Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I absolutely love the story and the lore. It's been messed around with on multiple occasions, but it's really deep and has some great moments in it. So finding out a major plot point like that is really frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ok so i've logged on to my Mage that will probably be my main and my Warrior which is my Melee alt.

Mage plays pretty much the same, im not a fan of Ray of Frost as it looks dumb at the minute.

Warrior though, wow! Those melee animations make a massive amount of difference to the game, feels much more chunky and involved.

Mage is fire and nothing else at the moment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

In my 8 years of playing wow... I never once knew anything about the story :pac:

I genuinely have no idea what happened in WoD, and have only really had an idea of the highlevel stuff since Cataclysm.

Cata - A big dragon is wrecking the gaf.
    MOP - We found a new island with pandas, we rock up and wreck the gaf
    WoD - Some orc lads have gone back in time, they are wrecking the gaf

I actually have no idea what Legion is about. But I can probably hazard a guess Demons have come about, and they are wrecking the gaf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

TheDoc wrote: »
    Mage is fire and nothing else at the moment :D

Have to agree. Did normal HFC and Fire & Arcane were topping DPS charts. Poor ol frost is gone :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Yer actually missing out having bypassed/ignored some of the story. Some is actually class and has really great lore. Good enough to be made into a film tbh...... ohh wait..

Legion has the potential to be great in that regard. I'm sure those who maxed out the beta know more but I only played it a little purely because I didn't want to ruin things like that for myself.

I'm guessing these invasions won't begin this week?

• Advertisement

I'm torn between my Pally and Rogue at the moment. I've heard bad things about the Pally (Ret and Prot), but he's been my main since launch, and it'd feel weird not using him. I probably prefer the Rogue playstyle though (or at least the WoD version, haven't had much time with the Legion one).

Will definitely do my Warlock at some stage as well, as i love their order hall.

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm torn between my Pally and Rogue at the moment. I've heard bad things about the Pally (Ret and Prot), but he's been my main since launch, and it'd feel weird not using him. I probably prefer the Rogue playstyle though (or at least the WoD version, haven't had much time with the Legion one).

Will definitely do my Warlock at some stage as well, as i love their order hall.

Both are pretty bad apparently.

Im kinda worried as i really enjoyed my rogue in WOD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm considering a return from the longest break ive ever had, been playing on and off since release of vanilla.

Before I resub and pre order legion I'm keen to learn if there will be any progression content for someone who simply cannot commit to the time and planning required to raid?

Im hearing talk of focus on 5 man content, is this true?

Dcully wrote: »
    I'm considering a return from the longest break ive ever had, been playing on and off since release of vanilla.

Before I resub and pre order legion I'm keen to learn if there will be any progression content for someone who simply cannot commit to the time and planning required to raid?

Im hearing talk of focus on 5 man content, is this true?

Yep, dungeons are now scale able in mythic mode so they're always relevant.

Might be time to resub and check things out with my ocean of classes to see whats what.

I don't suppose any new features coming are already patched into the game?

I recall this happening with a previous expansion when the talent tree saw big changes it was implemented pre expansion release.

• Advertisement

Might be time to resub and check things out with my ocean of classes to see whats what.

I don't suppose any new features coming are already patched into the game?

I recall this happening with a previous expansion when the talent tree saw big changes it was implemented pre expansion release.

New talents are in already but no artifact weapons so the classes are essentially half done.

The 2nd Harbringer short was uploaded today. First one was good (about Gul'Dan) and the 2nd is excellent.

The Khadgar one was really good, pretty tense for a comic short :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Well Fire Mage looks like serious fun, definitely going to level mine up!

Went into HFC Heroic with the guild tonight, for the first time in months, just to see how people gelled together after so long away. It was good fun. I like the changes so far to Mistweaver Monk, but at the same time, I do miss the Chi resource and my Mana Tea!

The new transmog system is really nice, I look forward to being beautiful in Legion :pac:

I wish they would enable the use of 'prefix' titles as well as 'sufix' titles at the same time though. I want to be 'Crusader' NAME, 'Herald of the Titans', for example.

Jesus wept Disc is so hard right now. I'm guessing the artifact will help plenty. Hopefully

Sent off a ticket to chance my arm on some game time.
    Got a ticket within 30 mins confirming 7 days.

Sent off a ticket to chance my arm on some game time.
    Got a ticket within 30 mins confirming 7 days.

They seem to be quite willing to let people try it out which i'm happy with.

My advice would be not to judge your preferred class just yet, wait until you get the artifact weapon.

Also,

The second part of the Legion pre-patch is coming on the 9th with the Broken Isles and Demon Hunters being added in.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Also,

The second part of the Legion pre-patch is coming on the 9th with the Broken Isles and Demon Hunters being added in.

So if one upgrades to legion they can play the DH then? up to lvl 100 ?

So if one upgrades to legion they can play the DH then? up to lvl 100 ?

Correct, you can queue up alongside everyone else running a DH :D

• Advertisement

Does the DH start at a certain level like back in the dawn of Death Knight days? hope so :P

Does the DH start at a certain level like back in the dawn of Death Knight days? hope so :P

Starts at 98, so you'll have 2 levels to do and then you'll have to wait 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

It'll be the exact same scenario. They'll have their own little intro quest line for two levels before you go talk to your respective faction leader and ask to join.
    I hope it's done as well as the DK.

Have Invasions started yet? And if so, will they stop once Broken Isles is available? Been away, so haven't been able to login.

Is there any zones for a lvl 100 to quest in? don't want to search around for quests ive missed last I played.
    Want to dry out mage and warrior specs without having to queue for a dungeon.

Tanaan is the only real lvl100 zone. It has mostly daily quests, but the enemies are quote tough for a newly dinged or undergeared lvl100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Kiith wrote: »
    Have Invasions started yet? And if so, will they stop once Broken Isles is available? Been away, so haven't been able to login.

Next week the invasions will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, I finally leveled up my pally to 100. I was just wondering if garrisons worth invest in to anymore? Do they still play some role or Tues go in to pretty much legacy useless crap after legion hits?

I'm hoping they are dropped and have no impact on the game.
    Some youtubers recommend doing garrison stuff for the gold before legion.

I assumed the class hall would take over from garrisons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Guys, I finally leveled up my pally to 100. I was just wondering if garrisons worth invest in to anymore? Do they still play some role or Tues go in to pretty much legacy useless crap after legion hits?

The gold making from them has been nerfed into the ground. I wouldn't bother with them at all, unless you need to level professions then they could provide easy materials for you.

Advertisement