Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thanks lads. I am on level two everything and was wondering of its worth it to spend it on rank 3 5k gold.
    I am trying to get professions up to max now. Blacksmithing is at 659 now. Truesteel bars pretty much only work orders amd cooldown. Need 100 for each 10 skill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Thanks lads. I am on level two everything and was wondering of its worth it to spend it on rank 3 5k gold.
    I am trying to get professions up to max now. Blacksmithing is at 659 now. Truesteel bars pretty much only work orders amd cooldown. Need 100 for each 10 skill!

You will get some missions in the garrison that reward Work Orders documents or something that you can use to instantly finish x work orders which will help you speed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5k on a Garrison, or 5k to take into the next expansion in 4 weeks.

Hmmmmmm that's a tough decision....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So I need a stage 3 garrison to enter tanaan jungle?
    Already had stage 3 on my mage so wasn't an issue but my lvl 100 warrior doesn't have stage 3,is there any other way to access tanaan without splashing out gold to have stage 3 ?

Looks like it, which is annoying AF.

You can get to Tanaan through the main gate at Talador, but i dont think you'll get to access Lions Watch without doing the ****ty shipyard stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, you need the Shipyard, which requires a lvl3 Garrison, before getting access to the missions in Tanaan unfortunately. I don't think it's really worth spending the 5k, although you can make that pretty quickly by running a few Cata raids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

It's not worth it. There is nothing there at the moment to warrant spending 5k for the level 3 garrison.

Gear wise - just wait until the 9th and run the invasions for iLVL 700 gear. That'll do you plenty for going into Legion. I'm doing it on my boosted mage that way too (even though it came with the upgraded garrison. Not bothered spending cash on deploying buildings etc.. Waste of time. And the Tanaan dailys are annoying.

If you want the various achievements from it, you can come back during legion and upgrade it over time.

Noxin wrote: »
    It's not worth it. There is nothing there at the moment to warrant spending 5k for the level 3 garrison.

Gear wise - just wait until the 9th and run the invasions for iLVL 700 gear. That'll do you plenty for going into Legion. I'm doing it on my boosted mage that way too (even though it came with the upgraded garrison. Not bothered spending cash on deploying buildings etc.. Waste of time. And the Tanaan dailys are annoying.

If you want the various achievements from it, you can come back during legion and upgrade it over time.

This,

Guys on Reddit were just saying to run/fly into Tannan and grab all the Apexis shards and boxes lying around, itll do until the invasions next week

Anyone looking for a 2-day a week Mythic guild for Legion? We're Tarren Mill Horde and there's a huge recruitment drive going on at the moment.

Great bunch of boys and girls. Really relaxed raiding environment but with quality players.

Think there's a lot of trials going on for DPS at the moment, maybe even a tank.

Are DH's and Broken Shore available already, or is it tomorrow for us?

Boosted a Warrior earlier this week, and Fury is a whole lot of fun. The new animations add a nice feel to everything, and there's not much more satisfying than Bladestorming your way through groups of mobs.

• Advertisement

Begins tomorrow.

Been levelling up all my healers to 100 [druid to 94] [pala to 90] via dungeons the past few days to see if I want to go back to the healing route for legion, was healer for 8 years on my priest.
    Initial thoughts after playing most healers pre patch.

Holy Paladin - more fun than I remember but just not for me gameplay wise.

Holy priest - does the job but I'm find it on the boring side,could be because ive played holy for too long, yes its changed but not too much.

Disc priest - very enjoyable but I have my doubts how viable it will be for mythic 5 mans.

Resto Druid - only got this guy to 94 but played enough to know yet again its not for me gameplay wise, however could be a great spec for progression.

Resto Shaman - Very enjoyable,the toolkit master,plays better than ever,i really like the changes in gameplay that can be brought about by the talents.

Mistweaver Monk - wow what a crap load of fun, it all feels so fluid, tonnes of mechanics going on, a lot to wrap your head around but when you do, amazing fun to be had, cant stop playing it.

Really tempted to play resto shaman or mistweaver as a main but not sure I want to stress of healing allover again,as of now the mistweaver is too much fun to ignore.
    Also very tempted to go the melee route for a main for a change, really liking shammy enhcncement,Fury warrior,windwalker monk and frost dk,they worked wonders with melee, feels great now.
    As for ranged, enjoyed all 3 mage specs,everything else was meh to me,was a mage for WOD until I got bored of the game.
    Decisions Decisions!

I used my level 100 boost on a Resto Shaman as they look like the most viable for raiding and mythic content.

I just cant get used to my Disc priest and Holy priest is boring AF.

In other news i'm also going back to Frost on my mage as its the only spec of the Mage i actually enjoy.

Also, stay away from Reddit if you dont want Legion pre-patch events spoiled for you, like i did :(

My main concern with Disc for raiding is it lacks any great cooldown and general utility. It is a bunch of fun to play, and I'm leveling one up with a friend just because I'm enjoying it, but I won't be bringing on into progression raiding with the guild and that's sad.

I'll continue to main Mistweaver. I've enjoyed the changes for the most part, but I really loathe having to spec specifically into Fistweaving now, and that if I choose to do so, I'm still considered a Ranged class for boss mechanics so it could get messy, quick.

RDruid, RSham and MW Monk will be our ideal healing set-up, with Holy Priest/Holy Paladin in reserve. I do really like the 'mass innervate' Holy Priests now bring to the raid, so that could be key for early progression when gear and stats are lacking.

Legion wise I'm planning to level my Monk as Windwalker, and keep an active WW spec to go along with my Mistweaver. I've missed playing DPS but can't be bothered juggling multiple characters at end-game. I think I'll maintain the Monk, a Mage and a Priest or something similar.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    My main concern with Disc for raiding is it lacks any great cooldown and general utility. It is a bunch of fun to play, and I'm leveling one up with a friend just because I'm enjoying it, but I won't be bringing on into progression raiding with the guild and that's sad.

I'll continue to main Mistweaver. I've enjoyed the changes for the most part, but I really loathe having to spec specifically into Fistweaving now, and that if I choose to do so, I'm still considered a Ranged class for boss mechanics so it could get messy, quick.

RDruid, RSham and MW Monk will be our ideal healing set-up, with Holy Priest/Holy Paladin in reserve. I do really like the 'mass innervate' Holy Priests now bring to the raid, so that could be key for early progression when gear and stats are lacking.

Legion wise I'm planning to level my Monk as Windwalker, and keep an active WW spec to go along with my Mistweaver. I've missed playing DPS but can't be bothered juggling multiple characters at end-game. I think I'll maintain the Monk, a Mage and a Priest or something similar.

General rule of thumb seems to be that if you are gonna use a healer for end game is to not put any artifact power into your DPS weapon and then use it when you hit 110 on your healer weapon.

Vicxas wrote: »
    General rule of thumb seems to be that if you are gonna use a healer for end game is to not put any artifact power into your DPS weapon and then use it when you hit 110 on your healer weapon.

Your artifact weapon levels up with talent point-like things. You get 1-13 very easily. #14 is the same cost as 1-13 combined, so the concept is to level your main to stage 13, then your alt/off spec to 13, then 14 on your main and so on.

That's how I'm doing it anyway. Supposedly you can level as a healer, but I can only imagine that taking literally hours to grind out quests. No thank you!

Your artifact weapon levels up with talent point-like things. You get 1-13 very easily. #14 is the same cost as 1-13 combined, so the concept is to level your main to stage 13, then your alt/off spec to 13, then 14 on your main and so on.

That's how I'm doing it anyway. Supposedly you can level as a healer, but I can only imagine that taking literally hours to grind out quests. No thank you!

Here, here.

Nuts to trying to level a healer.

Here, here.

Nuts to trying to level a healer.

Which is slightly disappointing. I don't think I've swapped to my Windwalker spec since just before HFC launched. The DPS/Healing was great for questing around Tanaan.

I think it could've been easily solved had Blizzard utilised the bodyguard system from the Garrisons, but in a healer only sense. Give Healing specs the ability to buff a bodyguard for % increased damage, only active while in outdoor zones and only while the Healing spec is active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Am I doing something completely ass backwards, or are ShadowPriests pretty damn weak at the moment? I feel more effective killing mobs as disc. Voidform feels... ****. It's a nice steroid, but I make a few more black flames and it's gone so quick.
    I'm gonna mess around with my talents a bit more but any advice would be welcome!

Not sure you have to spec into fistweaving, i understand with talents you will regain mana and reset CD of TFT but really is it viable and indeed essential? probably optimal but personally i wont be fixated on it if i have a MW as my main healer.

I do admit it is the only thing turning me away from a MW, if it becomes essential ill be dropping MW and moving onto resto shammy.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Not sure you have to spec into fistweaving, i understand with talents you will regain mana and reset CD of TFT but really is it viable and indeed essential? probably optimal but personally i wont be fixated on it if i have a MW as my main healer.

I do admit it is the only thing turning me away from a MW, if it becomes essential ill be dropping MW and moving onto resto shammy.

Up until Legion pre-patch, Mistweaver had stacks of Mana Tea. This caped at 20, and allowed you to drink in-combat to replenish mana. One of the easiest ways to build Mana Tea stacks was to use your melee abilities and DPS the boss.

While doing this, with your Serpent Statue out, your DPS would blanket heal the raid for a small amount.

This has now changed, where Rising Thunder is the talent required to make Fistweaving worthwhile, in that it refreshes your Thunder Focus Tea and thus gives a benefit to fistweaving, because it no longer generates Mana Tea stacks due to the removal of the ability from the game.

It is arguably a HPS gain, as the Thunder Focus Tea allows you to cast augmented versions of your heals at a ridiculous pace due to the constant refreshing of your Tea.

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Am I doing something completely ass backwards, or are ShadowPriests pretty damn weak at the moment? I feel more effective killing mobs as disc. Voidform feels... ****. It's a nice steroid, but I make a few more black flames and it's gone so quick.
    I'm gonna mess around with my talents a bit more but any advice would be welcome!

All these classes are half done at the minute, they're not meant to be used in WOD and need the Artifact weapon to be 100%

Shadow priests are meant to be amazing in Legion.

I've not healed in a long time in wow. Since wrath I think but I might gear my shaman as an offspec healer to test it out.
    I'm still not even sure what will be my main as I've not really done much playing since the class overhauls.
    Today will change that with the invasions as I'll be gearing 4 characters as much as possible over the next few weeks.

I have a Shaman, Pala, DK and Mage at 100.

I really enjoy my Shaman atm. Have only played as Enhance though. Gonna try gear to Ele as well to test out.
    I have only ever tanked on my Pala. The only time I changed spec was with the overhaul to sort out action bars :P Not sure if I want to tank in Legion but I'll test it out during the invasions.
    DK - Kinda used to solo the crap out of everything. I've only ever been blood but have messed about with unholy since the overhaul. I might test out full dps here.
    Mage - Not played since TBC on a different server. Used my Legion boost to bring one to 100 on this server and it has been logged in twice to get carried through Kazzak kills only. Again, need to gear it so I can test if I enjoy it.

Lots to do over the next few weeks. Hope I have enough time :P

All these classes are half done at the minute, they're not meant to be used in WOD and need the Artifact weapon to be 100%

Shadow priests are meant to be amazing in Legion.

Good to know. I knew about the half baked classes, but it still felt pretty weak.

Tried Disc in a LFR recently, it's fun, but so different ! Holy is really fun I find (for someone who barely played Warlords and PandaLand... and Cata... jesus it's been a while). Taking away the shield was a really good idea.

Good to know. I knew about the half baked classes, but it still felt pretty weak.

Tried Disc in a LFR recently, it's fun, but so different ! Holy is really fun I find (for someone who barely played Warlords and PandaLand... and Cata... jesus it's been a while). Taking away the shield was a really good idea.

Do not under estimate how powerful the artifact weapon is! You can check it out on Wowhead. It's basically like getting the old-school talent tree back in that you put points into a tree to increase damage etc of current spells and unlock new ones.

I can't link it here in work because the web filter blocks it. :(

Do not under estimate how powerful the artifact weapon is! You can check it out on Wowhead. It's basically like getting the old-school talent tree back in that you put points into a tree to increase damage etc of current spells and unlock new ones.

I can't link it here in work because the web filter blocks it. :(

Artifact Weapon guide:

Wowhead:

Wowhead

Oh ****, that does suddenly make voidform look amazing. I'll watch the video later :D What's everyone using their free boost on? I'm thinking of making a Paladin :)

Oh ****, that does suddenly make voidform look amazing. I'll watch the video later :D What's everyone using their free boost on? I'm thinking of making a Paladin :)

Used mine on a shammy, as they look insane :)

I have to say, as someone who originally didn't have much interest in playing a DH, they are bloody fun to play. Mobility is fantastic, and the animations are excellent. Really enjoyed the starter scenario. Think i may have found my new main alt, and it's potentially pushing for my main.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I have to say, as someone who originally didn't have much interest in playing a DH, they are bloody fun to play. Mobility is fantastic, and the animations are excellent. Really enjoyed the starter scenario. Think i may have found my new main alt, and it's potentially pushing for my main.

Apparently if you press W+S and double jump you'll force disconnect yourself :pac:

Just so ya know!

Advertisement