Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get my hands on old traffic lights?

Options
  • 06-08-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hello.

I do hope I am posting in the right forum, I wasn't sure where to go.

Anyway, I am looking for old traffic lights to use for a project of mine. However I have had no avail of getting my hands on them. I have emailed Dublin county council who very kindly referred me to a company who they have a traffic signal maintenance contract with but they have not replied.

Does anyone know of a place I could possibly get my hands on them? Or know where the old ones are dumped?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
    James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

james142 wrote: »
    Hello.

I do hope I am posting in the right forum, I wasn't sure where to go.

Anyway, I am looking for old traffic lights to use for a project of mine. However I have had no avail of getting my hands on them. I have emailed Dublin county council who very kindly referred me to a company who they have a traffic signal maintenance contract with but they have not replied.

Does anyone know of a place I could possibly get my hands on them? Or know where the old ones are dumped?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
    James

Maybe try a few of the City Councils : Dublin, Cork etc as they're more likely to have old lights.

You could try the companies who install them:

http://trafficsolutions.ie - Siemens traffic lights as used by Cork City and South Dublin CoCo etc

And

http://www.elmore.ie/traffic/traffic-signals/

Seem to supply the Dublin City lights.

Advertisement