Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generator use

Options
  • 06-08-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi

Will be at Fleadh campsite in Sligo next week and they will have generators running at different intervals for about 2 hrs each interval.
    Is it ok to leave caravan permanently connected or would it cause problem/damage each time the generators start up / shut down ?
    I've never connected to a generator before .

Comments

Depends on the gene. The regulation on most under 3kVA is quite bad. Best disconnect it. You can set a multimeter to read min/max voltage on the outlet as a dry test if in doubt. If it falls below 205VAC or above 250VAC it's a troublemaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Weve been at every Fleadh since we got the caravan and never had any problems with this setup. im not saying we never will but so far so good.

Some appliances are more sensitive than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Thanks all
    Think I'll edge towards caution for 1st day or 2 anyway.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88998101&postcount=4

{Edit} If it's a site gene like a 200kVA I'd leave the caravan plugged in. The site lekytrix boys know better than to hard start their investments.

• Advertisement
Advertisement