Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2015 Intake - who got the call

Options
  • 06-08-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Rather than hijack the August thread, here's a new thread for people with a September start date.
    I got the call today. Absolutely buzzing and can't wait to get started. Obviously a little apprehensive but it will be a bunch of people in the same boat as me so it's all good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Don't feel apprehensive just yet, celebrate this weekend! Whole squad that gets in will be in the same boat, and you'll all do fine =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol need to get Shield to delete my thread! Congratulations AA, I'm sure you're thrilled and like .S. said, get celebrating cos the hard work starts very soon. Good luck, enjoy every moment and stay safe x

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Fingers crossed for those boardies waiting tomorrow. I will be keeping an eye on the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Congrats AA! Welcome to the family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Red_bull

Congrats AA! Welcome to the family!

I'll second that! Hopefully a few more to join you! Nowhere to hide in a small group!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 .Q

New to this forum but just wanted to say I got the call on Wed too. Can't believe it. Bit apprehensive but I imagine everyone is in the same boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Red_bull

.Q wrote: »
    New to this forum but just wanted to say I got the call on Wed too. Can't believe it. Bit apprehensive but I imagine everyone is in the same boat.

I don't know when the nerves stop! My heart rate has been slowly creeping up for the last five weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

.Q wrote: »

Congrats Q...you'll be working with Bond in no time ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

My vetting hasn't cleared, my AC is 75-80 so will prob be next intake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 .Q

Congrats Q...you'll be working with Bond in no time ;-)

Cheers mate. Fingers crossed for you.

• Advertisement

Did you ring up Ruffle?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Ruffle wrote: »
    My vetting hasn't cleared, my AC is 75-80 so will prob be next intake?

When did you submit your forms ruffle?

Yes I rang up - I had them posted around 10th july I think, just waiting now

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Ruffle wrote: »

I'm sitting at AC 73-75 and I had my vetting forms posted on the 21st June

Fingers crossed you get a call

My vetting must be outstanding. Think if I were to get a call today it would've came already. Surprised there isn't a few more boardies though

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    I'm sitting at AC 73-75 and I had my vetting forms posted on the 21st June

Ivan I take it you haven't had your medical or anything yet then? I'm low 70s and posted vetting early June, have my medical in the next couple of weeks

I'm debating the credit check route to see if it was processed but it would mean me paying £15 for it as I already used up my free month about 4 years ago, Vetting for me may be a little drawn out as I did not have access to some information at the time I submitted it but I did provide evidence of having been successfully vetted before for different organisations

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Ivan I take it you haven't had your medical or anything yet then? I'm low 70s and posted vetting early June, have my medical in the next couple of weeks

I've completed everything had my medical over 2 weeks ago now and a letter saying that I meet the criteria with adjustment

• Advertisement

I had my medical 2 weeks ago angle was hoping I'd be getting call this week, my betting forms must have been delayed in getting to me as it seems you all had yours much earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tino77

That it for calls then this time round? If so time to get on with life the next few weeks then!

Reckon so =( might be the odd call but I've resigned myself to waiting for the next lot

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

.S. wrote: »
    Reckon so =( might be the odd call but I've resigned myself to waiting for the next lot

Same!!

Chins up everyone tho...next calls won't be long. A month goes by fast.

And sure look at the scorching summer were having, that'll take our minds off it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PC high tower.

Got the call this morning! Still in shock that's it's finally happened! Was planning on asking could I defer, as I was going to be on honeymoon over the induction weekend, but decided to change our flights instead, didn't want to risk something happening and not getting in the next batch! So am over the moon that I'll be starting in September! Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting for this batch or the next!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Got the call this morning! Still in shock that's it's finally happened! Was planning on asking could I defer, as I was going to be on honeymoon over the induction weekend, but decided to change our flights instead, didn't want to risk something happening and not getting in the next batch! So am over the moon that I'll be starting in September! Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting for this batch or the next!

Many congratulations!
    Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Chin up to the rest of the guys expecting calls.
    Like Kev said, his call came the next couple of days after. (I think)
    It'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Knightwing1

Congrats to everyone that got the call.I'll be seeing you all there,as I got it as well.

Congrats people, glad some more got the good news, fingers crossed the rest of us are the squad behind yas! Enjoy your wkend, get celebrating =)

• Advertisement

Doubt stating dates on a public forum is wise

Advertisement