Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time BSc Computer Science, Multiple College Offers

Options
  • 06-08-2015 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi

I work full time in the IT Sector, have done for a number of years. I am 23 and have applied to study part time, for an Honours BSc degree in IT.

I applied to a number of colleges in and around Dublin City, as that is where i work.

Turns out, i have been accepted on to all of them. Now i am unsure which one to choose! :confused:

Colleges/Courses i have been accepted on to:

>> National College of Ireland, BSc (Hons) Computing (4 years, Tue, Thur & Sat)
    >> Griffith College Dublin, BSc (Hons) Computing Science (3.5 years Tue & Thur)
    >> DIT, BSc (Hons) Information Systems/Information Tech (4 Years Tue & Thur)

they all vary slightly, but all offer the basics in IT. Programming, web dev, OS, networking (with the exception of DIT)

Location is not really an issue, i can make it to any one of them without issues.

It's more so, which one would be better? Would a degree from Griffith college look better than the rest, or the other way around? etc etc..

if the likes of UCD/DCU offered a part time IT Degree, id take that simply for the name and reputation..

has anyone got first hand experience of any of these colleges?

any opinions welcome!

thanks

Advertisement