Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweaty bf

• 07-08-2015 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My bf sweats profusely in his sleep. His natural body temperature seems to be about a million degrees and coupled with wrapping himself up in a duvet, it's making things fairly sweaty. It's not that he doesn't shower every morning and generally smell lovely, he does, but the night sweating is driving me up the wall. I'm changing bedcovers every couple of days, our bedroom is developing a slight odour despite having windows open to air it at every opportunity and I think it's starting to become obvious to him that I'm wriggling away from him in bed because I'm roasting, uncomfortable and sick of my hair being stuck to my neck with heat.

I know it sounds trivial but I'm doing more washing than the local laundrette and it's coming between me and my sleep. I don't know how to bring it up without making him feel bad about himself and I'm not even sure there's a solution. Help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My bf sweats profusely in his sleep. His natural body temperature seems to be about a million degrees and coupled with wrapping himself up in a duvet, it's making things fairly sweaty. It's not that he doesn't shower every morning and generally smell lovely, he does, but the night sweating is driving me up the wall. I'm changing bedcovers every couple of days, our bedroom is developing a slight odour despite having windows open to air it at every opportunity and I think it's starting to become obvious to him that I'm wriggling away from him in bed because I'm roasting, uncomfortable and sick of my hair being stuck to my neck with heat.

I know it sounds trivial but I'm doing more washing than the local laundrette and it's coming between me and my sleep. I don't know how to bring it up without making him feel bad about himself and I'm not even sure there's a solution. Help!

Ask your boyfriend to see a GP about it. Profuse night-time sweating can (but not necessarily) be a symptom of a health issue. It's a prime symptom of something that that I've actually been dealing with for the last 5 months and will be for at least the next 2. It might and probably is nothing serious, but from personal experience, get it seen to and get it marked off the list of reasons, especially if there's no rational reason for it. It may be absolutely nothing but in that case, the GP may be able to help.

Has it been an ongoing issue or is it something new?

Have you considering bottoming out the TOG value of the duvet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Would swapping the duvet for a sheet help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

The nights are very hot lately - I sleep with a fan on me (not directly on me - but blowing a light breeze over me) and just a sheet. A duvet is madness! It's probably not as medical issue - more than it's too hot & humid at nights to be sleeping with a heavy duvet on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

It's more than likely diet related. My other half is the same, if he drinks coffee after morning time it makes it worse.
    I would say it to him though. Nothing like a small issue to fester and become huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

I have the same issue with my boyfriend- he's diabetic though so I think the excessive sweating is part of that. Changing the heat of the blanket makes no difference, whether sheet, 4 tog duvet or heavy duvet he still sweats through them- I think it's his habit of cocooning himself in the blanket that doesn't help! I honestly don't know what you can say to him, I've brought it up a few times but it's more of a "btw you do realise I moved away because I'm roasting rather than I don't like you" kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Why are YOU the one doing all the washing if HE'S the cause of it?

Advertisement